F1

Laplacian

Lewis is truly blessed, that was divine intervention for his 100th win. Although if the rain never came he would have had a larger point margin to Verstappen.

Regardless, fun race.

FCBfan22

Fucking McLaren man...

If Lando pitted there, he would've won this easily.

Massive W for Verstappen this considering all circumstances.

Last edited:

fergus90

As some say above? Verstappen will be chuffed to bits with that coming from back off the grid and the rain giving him a push to 2nd. Congrats Hamilton on 100 race wins, gutted for Norris though.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
McLaren fucked up. They should have told Lando he had to come in to pit for wets instead of asking him. They're the ones sitting with the weather radar and info about the rain, not the driver. He's inexperienced too.

Hamilton said no like Lando first too, but Mercedes overruled him and said he had to come in and trust them next lap.

FCBfan22

Somewhat of a hot take...

If Lando pitted 1 lap after the first drivers stopped for inters, that would be massive for championship. Why? Because knowing Merc this season, they are not really mistake free tactics wise. If Lando pits there, Hamilton would most likely stay out and try to win the race (he said it on the radio at that point that slicks are fine). In that case... Lando wins the race easily, while Max finishes 2nd. Hamilton finishes 5th after the "Valtteri it's James".

Hardy

last 3 races were absolutely pro mercedes and Ham gained nothing pretty much, and likely he will change power unit. If I have to bet right now my pick is verstappen

Windhook

Lando's time will come. Next season will be a lot more competitive due to new regulations, or restrictions I shall say. As a McLaren fan I'm glad the team bounced back under Zak Brown, cool dude.

FCBfan22

Mercedes is so much better in Turkey than the rest of the field... It's pretty depressing to watch. It's a Lewis win from 11th, this one.

FCBfan22

Jinx working.

However, Ferrari's "Pi wan" masterBlan is just laughable. If Leclerc pitted with Verstappen and Bottas, that would've been an easy podium.

Last edited:

Hardy

stupid decision to take penalty here for mercedes if you ask me, another race where mercedes was far better than red bull and they didn't capitalize.

FCBfan22

stupid decision to take penalty here for mercedes if you ask me, another race where mercedes was far better than red bull and they didn't capitalize.

They probably thought their advantage is good for damage limitation. However, they fucked up (both Lewis not wanting to pit around lap 35 and the team for pitting him to late/not telling him to pit) and got less than they could have. Also, Tsunoda holding Lewis at bay for cca 8 laps in the early stages was crucial.

Hardy

would make more sense to take that in mexico or interlagos where max and red bull will be very hard to beat, meanwhile today you gain 11 points. if they fail to win next race in austin they are really in trouble.

Windhook

I believe Mercedes saved Lewis from dropping more points, it was the right call. Before pitting he was falling behind a second per lap on Verstappen and also few more laps on the track would have been fatal to his tyres. Ocon finished without tyre change but he had no reason to push hard throughout the race, on the other end Hamilton spent many laps pushing the car to overtake Checo Perez, unsuccessfully.

Home of Barca Fans