F1

serghei

True about Max, but this particular incident was not like that. Just bad luck, Hamilton got out of the pit, just when Verstappen was positioning himself for the corner on the proper trajectory. Nobody to blame imo.

Laplacian

Except there was forward movement on the tire, so only a fraction of its weight is pushed down. It's more of a scraping movement. The helmet does the job imo. Some of the weight of the tire hit the portion behind the head of the driver as well.

The halo is great, but I see "oh without the halo he would be dead" thing so often as if people died in F1 prior to the halo introduction every several months.

Have you never studied physics? If there's movement it's even worse because of the rotational force. That's easily enough to snap a human neck off.

FCBfan22

Max squeezed several cars this weekend, and they all backed out to avoid a crash, including Hamilton. In fact it happened in lap 1 and Hamilton backed out. He never gives anyone space and expects them to back out, and whenever he doesn't have any space he always expects them to blink first and give him space. Quite simply speaking Max is reckless and is a worse wheel to wheel driver than Hamilton and other experienced drivers, because he expects everyone to back off and give him space. He's been causing wheel to wheel crashes like these for years now. Leclerc has a similar issue too. Max's fault, imo.

IMO, this was more of a racing incident than Imola or Silverstone this year, despite it ending worse for both of them. And during those 2, there were no penalties, so I would label this a racing incident to. But I agree that Max has a problem being a very hot-headed racer. And if anyone, he will throw his WDC chances away.

Zidane82

True about Max, but this particular incident was not like that. Just bad luck, Hamilton got out of the pit, just when Verstappen was positioning himself for the corner on the proper trajectory. Nobody to blame imo.

Race incident or Hamilton?s fault imho

FCBfan22

Those 2 ended with no penalties, despite being easier to pin the blame to one of them:

Imola (Max squeezes Lewis, clearly Max's fault):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds0BC8RDJ5o&ab_channel=FORMULA1

Silverstone (Hamilton clips Max, while Max is on the racing line, clearly Lewis' fault):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIKel6jVD3Q&ab_channel=FORMULA1

And those 2 had no penalties issued. So, if there are penalties today, I would be surprised. And it would be borderline unfair for either of them. They both share the blame for this one. If there are penalties, they should each recieve an equal amount.

fergus90

I?m not the biggest fan of Verstappen, exciting driver though but I feel that he?s only been punished because of how the cars ended up. Had they just both crashed out without the Red Bull mounting the Mercedes would of been declared a racing incident.

FCBfan22

I?m not the biggest fan of Verstappen, exciting driver though but I feel that he?s only been punished because of how the cars ended up. Had they just both crashed out without the Red Bull mounting the Mercedes would of been declared a racing incident.

Exactly my thoughts. The incident in Imola was more penalty-worthy.

Hardy

for the way hamilton is performing this season if he wins the WC will be a glorious robbery. 7 times world champion and he makes huge mistake almost every weekend.

Laplacian

Whom would he be stealing it from, Verstappen? If Verstappen can't win against a mistake prone Hamilton then it really isn't a robbery is it...

Hardy

that's not his fault though, he had 3 dnf (pretty much 4 with budapest) otherwise WC would have been already closed in his favour.

Home of Barca Fans