Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 2547

Thread: Tennis

You're welcome
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard.H View Post
    I think he takes painkillers and plays through it. When he goes home he has a top class recovery/physio team to basically get him to full strength in less than 24 hours.

Nadal vs Kyrgios will be very fun. I hope Kyrgios plays his dirty mindtricks on him.
    Will be rooting for Nadal. I enjoyed Kyrgios until his match against Tsitsipas. Went full clown-mode and turned it into a circus. Too much abuse from him directed at umpire and opponent as well but never gets warning. He is way too good to resort to those antics. Seems like he is kind of forcing becoming the bad boy of tennis which in turn makes you not being one.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    probably best game of the tourney so far

In the third set , game 3 that Nadal won , those winning shots were incredible. Don't know the term in tennis but it's when you chip the ball in football. He did that 4 points in a row (iirc) and won them all .
    ,,Concha de tu madre, hijo de mil putas"

- I will NOT watch another Barcelona game untill Valverde leaves -

You're welcome
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by catalinutzR80 View Post

In the third set , game 3 that Nadal won , those winning shots were incredible. Don't know the term in tennis but it's when you chip the ball in football. He did that 4 points in a row (iirc) and won them all .
    It?s called a lob I think. He started to rely on those to win points. Never saw him do it that often.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by catalinutzR80 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
    It?s called a lob I think. He started to rely on those to win points. Never saw him do it that often.

I am almost certain you guys are talking about drop shots, the shots close to net to make Fritz come in. A lob is hitting it over your opponents body when they are close to net.
    Se Queda

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
    Will be rooting for Nadal. I enjoyed Kyrgios until his match against Tsitsipas. Went full clown-mode and turned it into a circus. Too much abuse from him directed at umpire and opponent as well but never gets warning. He is way too good to resort to those antics. Seems like he is kind of forcing becoming the bad boy of tennis which in turn makes you not being one.
    Nah Kyrgios is entertaining. The most entertaining final will be Kyrgios vs Djokovic. Both are absolute mental beasts and won't get rattled easily.
    Se Queda

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would rather have Nadal over Djokovic . Just a pity he is a Real Madrid supporter

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah Kyrgios is entertaining. The most entertaining final will be Kyrgios vs Djokovic. Both are absolute mental beasts and won't get rattled easily.
    Kyrgios a mental beast? Dude gets pissed off at everybody almost every match. That said, I will root for him against both Nadal and possibly Djokovic. Cause he's entertaining as hell and can be unbeatable when he wants to be (on his own serve especially), and because I'm a Federer guy.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am almost certain you guys are talking about drop shots, the shots close to net to make Fritz come in. A lob is hitting it over your opponents body when they are close to net.

yes

You're welcome
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    O snap it was drop shot of course. I am kind of new still but should have known that.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gregorrin10 View Post
    Kyrgios a mental beast? Dude gets pissed off at everybody almost every match. That said, I will root for him against both Nadal and possibly Djokovic. Cause he's entertaining as hell and can be unbeatable when he wants to be (on his own serve especially), and because I'm a Federer guy.
    Exactly .. I love Federer above all other and detest Djokovic so I?d rather anyone wins above Djokovic

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meh... geriatric Nadal and Djoko should be consistently sent home by now in these tournaments, but generation iPhone is just the worst.

Forum D'Amigos Tactical Unit - BBZ Containment Office
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, at this point, Federer having it easy from 2003-2007 (until Nadal hit his prime in 08) is offset by Nadal and Djokovic dunking on these next gen at 35/36 while not even physically fit.

I honestly don't see anyone stopping Nadal/Djokovic in slams in the next 2 years. Another 2-3 for Nadal and another 3-4 for Djokovic.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingLeo10 View Post
    Yeah, at this point, Federer having it easy from 2003-2007 (until Nadal hit his prime in 08) is offset by Nadal and Djokovic dunking on these next gen at 35/36 while not even physically fit.

I honestly don't see anyone stopping Nadal/Djokovic in slams in the next 2 years. Another 2-3 for Nadal and another 3-4 for Djokovic.
    Alcaraz was slated to be the next big star but even he shit the bed. It's actually incredible to see so many of these young players crumble under pressure. Look at players like Zverev and Tsitsipas, great fundamental players but cannot handle any sort of mental pressure. Medvedev also good but doesn't have that x factor.

I would argue Fed's competition in 2002-2007 had a lot more players with big balls and not afraid to take risks.
    Se Queda

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alcaraz was slated to be the next big star but even he shit the bed. It's actually incredible to see so many of these young players crumble under pressure. Look at players like Zverev and Tsitsipas, great fundamental players but cannot handle any sort of mental pressure. Medvedev also good but doesn't have that x factor.

I would argue Fed's competition in 2002-2007 had a lot more players with big balls and not afraid to take risks.
    Current era is worse than the early to mid 00s Federer faced. Safin would beat the shit out of these softies. Roddick too most likely. Young Rafa himself was a beast on clay.

Like you say there is a mental problem in all of these players. These guys would lose to Nadal or Djokovic from 2-0 in sets and 5-1 in the 3rd.

Not to mention that I miss Murray from early to mid 2010s. The guy actually beat all of the big 3 in big tournaments. There was actuallly a big 4 at the time. Even Wawrinka was different level of beast. Del Potro too, shame about his injuries. Guy actually took out prime Nadal and Federer back to back. Nadal won something like 6 games in the USO semis. Those were Nadal and Federer in their 20s not these guys who have borderline arthritis in their knees.
    Last edited by serghei; 6th July 2022 at 09:33 PM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Federer still goat for me tho