Tennis

Messigician

Spot on. Rafa and Djokovic will end their careers with higher GS tallies, but Federer was something else. Elegant, beloved, followed wherever he went, he was often the reason people watched tennis, and travelled from far away to see him. There is no tennis player who is a bigger name than Federer, and well deserved. In my humble opinion, the greatest player this sport has seen.

He isn't going to fuck you bro chill

Temptation

NGL I swear I have written that Joan post twice or thrice before!! :lol:

Everything he said is spot on though. Like you can't argue with what he said.

Federer guaranteed a level of entertainment no other sportsman brings.

Even on his off days, he played enough exquisite shots to make sure you had a good time watching the game. No other sportsman comes with such guarantee.

Gnidrologist

Could Federer destroy, while standing way deep above the baseline into the field hurling devastating topspin shots, while defending, like Agassi? Never watched him in his prime.

Rassvet

Federer in tears now saying goodbye with a several minute long ovation from the whole crowd

Too much for me :cry:

[MENTION=30154]Temptation[/MENTION]

Nello

Holy fuck that was emotional. Watching Tennis will never be the same again for me, possibly one of the biggest classacts ever in all sport. He might just lose out on being the most succesful player ever, but no one has ever played the game like him imo. Guy is poetry in motion on a tennis court and an absolute beast. The greatest for me. Grateful to have lived in his era.

gregorrin10

Holy fuck that was emotional. Watching Tennis will never be the same again for me, possibly one of the biggest class acts ever in all sport. He might just lose out on being the most successful player ever, but no one has ever played the game like him imo. Guy is poetry in motion on a tennis court and an absolute beast. The greatest for me. Grateful to have lived in his era.

Spot on! :cheers:

Zidane82

Holy fuck that was emotional. Watching Tennis will never be the same again for me, possibly one of the biggest classacts ever in all sport. He might just lose out on being the most succesful player ever, but no one has ever played the game like him imo. Guy is poetry in motion on a tennis court and an absolute beast. The greatest for me. Grateful to have lived in his era.

Apparently self taught and self coached throughout his career ..

CatalinR10

Jnc9MTA2MCZoYXNoPWMyZGQ4Yzk3YmZmZmMxYjIxZDY1YWUyY2E3NDIzOTBi.thumb.jpg

Jnc9MTA2MCZoYXNoPTU0YmVmN2QxNmVlNTFkOGUxNTRlZjIyZTQ4NGFhNzhk.thumb.jpg

MzA2Y2E0M2YzOWNmOGVhZTNiMGM5N2FiNmY1.thumb.jpg

PAIN.

Gnidrologist

Can anyone point me to some good comps on youtube of his? I remember him from start of 00s, when he just came up as the best young player and i thought of him nothing. Seemed quite boring to watch and the departure of 90s legends like Sampras, Agassi, Becker and p. much all the others of that generation made me uninterested in the sport, because i didn't see anyone taking the torch (Hewit lol) + i started the real life so watching pointless TV ceased to be a thing.
People here so gushing over him and i have to admit, i don't get what's the hoopla.

Home of Barca Fans