Tennis

BarcaGirl

Congrats to Bartoli for her win, but I still believe that Lisicki is a far better player ...she was just to nervous today. Poor Girl.
Bine is such a loveable person! Atleast this will improve her rankings and give her great confidence for the years to come ...her time will come!

El Gato

Villarato!
Congrats to Bartoli. Not the best player in the tournament, but always good to see passion for the sport rewarded.

PaulFCB

Banned
Nothin special for a womens final.
And when you think that if tomorrow the final might last 4-5 hours and they get the same prize money...what a joke!

zanela

For being pissed off at herself? Oh gosh, that's true, I've heard people moaning and complaining she didn't kiss and hug, and embrace, and show love to Lisicki after losing. Wow. Like she said, should she just be there and dance? The sensitivity with these things is so ridiculous.

No, think she'd fail at dancing too. But to make eye-contact and congratulate your opponent for a hard-fought match, which btw she also contributed to, is in the spirit of the game. And yes, these things matter, because its the human element, and character that binds the viewer to the sporting spectacle, and makes him tune in.

As for her presser, it smacked of arrogance, underestimating Bartoli, as if it was a given she'd win if she met her, and that it 'd be more insulting losing to her in the finals.

Now spare us your un-biased justification.

Why is Womens Tennis best out of 3 & Mens 5?

To save the viewer from more torture.

Last edited:

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Why is Womens Tennis best out of 3 & Mens 5?

"In the olden days around 1880-1895 women were percieved to be the weaker sex ,taking afternoon naps while men discussed threats of war and would that new game baseball ever take hold. It was decreed that lawn tennis would be played with a best of 5 matches so actually it meant whoever won three be da champ. women as the weaker sex would only have to win 2 matches out of three. as the drug cocaine was very popular back then women would be exhaustedafter napping and playing tennis would be given among other things a line or two of coke to get them through the rest of the day (another nap around 5 up a seven dinner and dancing at 8. Men best 3 out of5 no nap a warm beer (no refrigerators yet)cigars and perhaps some elixer to take the soreness out of the shoulder (not knowing that the elixer had enough codiene in it to drop Elvis like a rock) so there you have it now every one knows that women were and still are equal to men but what the heck if bI could get a couple of naps during and enough blow you could call ne the weaker sex or just about any thing you wanted to."

:D

El Gato

Villarato!
No, think she'd fail at dancing too. But to make eye-contact and congratulate your opponent for a hard-fought match, which btw she also contributed to, is in the spirit of the game. And yes, these things matter, because its the human element, and character that binds the viewer to the sporting spectacle, and makes him tune in.

As for her presser, it smacked of arrogance, underestimating Bartoli, as if it was a given she'd win if she met her, and that it 'd be more insulting losing to her in the finals.

Now spare us your un-biased justification.

Absolutely, I'm too biased. So is the other half of the tennis community that understand her frustration and have nothing to do with Poland. Please keep on hating players for being emotional after losing in a low seeded GS semifinal subsequently blowing the greatest opportunity of their careers.

Smacked of arrogance? http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/interviews/2013-07-04/201307041372958880209.html Quote the arrogant part. "You didn't expect those names in the finals"? I'm short of options here.

Andy one up. Picking up where he left off against Janowicz. Terrific errors to winners ratio.

Ghost

Please, Andy, don't choke.

I'm a Federer fan so I should be neutral, but Djoko's fans annoy me to no end.

El Gato

Villarato!
Smoothly done Andy. As much as I dislike his game and his usually boring matches, he was the best man on Wimbledon this year.

Home of Barca Fans