Tennis

Horatio

You're welcome
Fritz getting very nervous even vs a crippled Nadal

it seems that younger players lack longetivity and lose precision the longer game goes on. The more experienced players seem to get more advantage later in game. That?s my observation from my limited time watching tennis.

Richard.H

it seems that younger players lack longetivity and lose precision the longer game goes on. The more experienced players seem to get more advantage later in game. That?s my observation from my limited time watching tennis.

This has been true for about a decade now

Horatio

You're welcome
Nadal gonna win this, Fritz is done

Incredible win! Nadal was crippled. Sustained an injury to the abdomens and couldn?t serve full strength. His family wanted him to throw the game. Had to go through match winning points on clever plays. Madridista winner mentality.

Last edited:

raedkuwait

Terrible sportsmanship from Nadal he always uses the I am injured in the matches he feels he is not in full control off, not the first time he does that.

Horatio

You're welcome
Terrible sportsmanship from Nadal he always uses the I am injured in the matches he feels he is not in full control off, not the first time he does that.

I have been pondering on that but it was clear he was not 100% just watching game 30 seconds. He held back on the serves not going for aces. The clocking of the speed of the serves not anywhere close to normal.

Richard.H

I think he takes painkillers and plays through it. When he goes home he has a top class recovery/physio team to basically get him to full strength in less than 24 hours.

Nadal vs Kyrgios will be very fun. I hope Kyrgios plays his dirty mindtricks on him.

Horatio

You're welcome
I think he takes painkillers and plays through it. When he goes home he has a top class recovery/physio team to basically get him to full strength in less than 24 hours.

Nadal vs Kyrgios will be very fun. I hope Kyrgios plays his dirty mindtricks on him.

Will be rooting for Nadal. I enjoyed Kyrgios until his match against Tsitsipas. Went full clown-mode and turned it into a circus. Too much abuse from him directed at umpire and opponent as well but never gets warning. He is way too good to resort to those antics. Seems like he is kind of forcing becoming the bad boy of tennis which in turn makes you not being one.

CatalinR10

probably best game of the tourney so far

In the third set , game 3 that Nadal won , those winning shots were incredible. Don't know the term in tennis but it's when you chip the ball in football. He did that 4 points in a row (iirc) and won them all .

Horatio

You're welcome

In the third set , game 3 that Nadal won , those winning shots were incredible. Don't know the term in tennis but it's when you chip the ball in football. He did that 4 points in a row (iirc) and won them all .

It?s called a lob I think. He started to rely on those to win points. Never saw him do it that often.

Richard.H

It?s called a lob I think. He started to rely on those to win points. Never saw him do it that often.

I am almost certain you guys are talking about drop shots, the shots close to net to make Fritz come in. A lob is hitting it over your opponents body when they are close to net.

Home of Barca Fans