Tennis

Windhook

The crowd is not booing. It's their fellow Australian Kyrgios who brought the Cristiano SIUUUU celebration into tennis. And idiots picked that up.

Rarely a certain player is booed in tennis and it's mainly for controversy, which Medvedev has nothing to do with. Djokovic will likely get some crowd treatment in some arenas, though.

Messigician

the crowd is not booing. It's their fellow australian kyrgios who brought the cristiano siuuuu celebration into tennis. And idiots picked that up.

Rarely a certain player is booed in tennis and it's mainly for controversy, which medvedev has nothing to do with. Djokovic will likely get some crowd treatment in some arenas, though.

siuuuuuuuu

serghei

How is the tournament of the vaccinated players going?

In tennis you have:

Pre-Open era
Open era
and now Vaccinated Open era.

zanela

Medvedev is the favourite. But the top half is pretty open and I wouldnt be surprised seeing any of remaining players in the final. With Nadal, I'm getting the 2014 vibes when he fell short of a double career slam.

Laplacian

Looks like we need either Medvedev or Tsitsipas to stop Nadal from getting his no. 21.

Must I deal with these heartaches every single grand slam? I thought I was clear once Djokovic was kicked out, but no now I have to fucking deal with Nadal having to break it too.

I trust neither one of these fucks to get one over Nadal when he's in form.

Laplacian

Current Med's quality is several tiers above Nadal atm. I don't see how almost retired Nadal can handle that insane serve of his and med's rallies, though I've seen more insane upsets in the past so idk. Hoping Med wins.

Hardy

not sure about that, Nadal is a bad matchup for the russian, he can slice, can finish points quickly, can go to net unlike all those bums who are monodimensional, Medvedev out of his confort zone is vulnerable, he took 4 hours to beat Cressy few rounds ago who played serve and volley the whole match, the question mark for Nadal is if he can sustain that level over 3 hours, crowd can be a factor as well.

KingLeo10

:lol::lol:

Medvedev has arrived IMO. I don't think these past it versions of Rafa and to a lesser extent Novak have what it takes to beat him on hard courts.

I normally would have said Med crumbles under the pressure...but he already dispatched a guy better than Rafa on hard courts who was also going for his 21st :lol:

I fear it might even be a straight setter. But I rate Rafa's fighting spirit as high as Djoker's, and even higher (he was the first to dethrone Roger who was an invincible deity at that point...not the washed up/many GS final losses Roger that Novak has faced)

Hardy

we'll see, Nadal is a greater antichrist than Ronaldo so I will never underestimate him in a grand slam final where his opponent is not Djokovic or Federer, he lost one final in his career facing any of them (with Wawrinka) and he was injuried. Medvedev almost lost to aliassime, he's not unbeatable at all.

Laplacian

not sure about that, Nadal is a bad matchup for the russian, he can slice, can finish points quickly, can go to net unlike all those bums who are monodimensional, Medvedev out of his confort zone is vulnerable, he took 4 hours to beat Cressy few rounds ago who played serve and volley the whole match, the question mark for Nadal is if he can sustain that level over 3 hours, crowd can be a factor as well.

The slice is what killed Med back in US Open 19 when he played against Nadal, he has massively improved since then though. He's much better at returning short slices and usually returns it with ridiculous passing shots. Tsitsipas tried the slicing and tons of shot variation game against Med, and Medvedev managed to cruise it during the second half of the match.

His tennis IQ is pretty good. Really good at reading opponents and playing against them. Couple that with his physical ability and insane serve I don't see him losing against Nadal based on his base attributes alone.

I'm still not convinced on Med's mentality, I can easily see him crashing under pressure and throwing a fit like he did against Djokovic and Nadal in his other grand slam finals. Thats why I think Nadal still has somewhat of a chance. However physical ability alone, this current Nadal isn't a match for Medvedev.

Home of Barca Fans