Tennis

Richard.H

Nadal out of the Australian Open with an injury :( I hope this isn't the end. He has been in very bad physical health since the summer.

KingLeo10

Nadal's physical condition is deteriorating quite fast. I would say he retires after the 2023 FO, and if he doesn't he will probably be a complete non-factor outside of the clay court season (for another 1-2 seasons).

Djokovic will win another 4-5 slams and end the GOAT debate decisively. He is the most complete player in history, his game shows minimal signs of decline, and he's actually playing more aggressive tennis with a better serve (rather than his more defensive approach in his absolute prime) these days.

serghei

Djokovic has been the biggest beneficiary of a very weak post Federer era in hard and grass. If they didn't ban him for some silly things from some hard court tournaments he'd be on 23-24 slams already. Nadal has been keeping it close mostly by winning the Roland Garros almost every year, which means someone has to win 2 of the other 3 to beat him in a year. Which is very hard since Djokovic is pretty old too.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

Tennis history would have been different if Federer converted that point at Wimbledon 2019.

I think even if he got surpassed (at what would be 21 slams instead of 20) in slam count, he would be considered the GOAT by majority because of beating Nadal and Djokovic back to back at like 38-39 :lol:

His career, despite his massive success, is a lot of what-if. I still don't know what happened to his forehand past 2008-2009. Yes, the courts have become slower and slower, and there's more and more top-spin but his forehand used to be the best of all time (only other close was Nadal's 3000 RPM 04-10 forehand) and he used to paint the lines with ease.

serghei

The only doubt I have with Djokovic is this feeling that a peak Federer would have taken him out, and I'm basing this on the very close matches between past it Federer and close to prime Djokovic at USO twice and Wimbledon twice. I think younger Federer beats him at his peak more often than not, but outside of peak, Djokovic dominates him. Considering that most players spend their career outside of their prime... Djokovic eventually comes out on top in any match-up.

Federer - Djokovic was always the most interesting match-up since they both like the same surfaces, hard, grass, indoors, with clay their weakest surface. So they can match-up on similar conditions. Nadal is the opposite, he likes clay the most by a mile, and there's not much more he can do on that surface that he hasn't already done. His domination at RG is something I can't see being broken. Can't think of another record in sport with lower chances of being broken than Nadal's no of Roland Garros wins.

Messigician

Djokovic is an animal

And has no vaccine either so he's gonna be better than this generation fitness wise

Last edited:

MagIX

For me Federer is the goat because for his divine talent. No one come closed to the talent of Federer.
I will always put talent before hard work.

Windhook

I'm also for Federer, he's the one who elevated the sport. On and off the court.

Nadal and Djokovic won more Slams, but then there's this new kid on the block, Carlos Alcaraz, who in the next 15 years could surpass all big 3.

Home of Barca Fans