Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 2771

Thread: Tennis

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by catalinutzR80 View Post
    Federer still goat for me tho
    I second that. I just don't think there's gonna be a player so complete, and yet so elegant and aesthetically pleasing to look at on the court as Federer was, at least not in our lifetimes. When you watched him at his best, making every shot look effortless, tennis never looked more easy.

Sure Nadal and Djokovic are physical, but even more so mental beasts, which is why they will end up with more Grand slam titles, but watching them 'endlessly hitting it from the baseline, and relying on power alone with little to no finesse, basically trying to wear their opponents down', just doesn't do it for me. Watching either one of them will never give me the pure feeling of joy in watching a pure master of his craft at work. And sadly the new gen players are more in this mould as well, minus the mental strength, and that's why Nadal and Djokovic keep winning even now. We thought the likes of Thiem, Zverev, Tsitsipas will be the next gen, who finally displaces the big three, but they're not even close, never have been. Maybe the next next gen will finally be it. Sinner and Alcaraz (I prefer Sinner out of the two) looking like the best bet on finally being good and consistent enough to really make it to the top and stay there.

The player I see the most Federer style in, is Dimitrov, but of course he's criminally too inconsistent to ever really win anything. But tennis is just never gonna be the same again, after players like Federer, Wawrinka, Del Potro (best forehand in the biz), even Gasquet (best backhand in the biz) all call it a day. Sadly Del Potro already did, of course. And won't be long before Federer and Wawrinka do too (more or less already did, considering they spend more time injured than playing these days, and most likely will never get close to winning another Grand slam again).

Forum D'Amigos Tactical Unit - BBZ Containment Office
    Mentioned
    384 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Federer is like Messi. Once you've seen prime Federer and prime Messi pulling stuff that shouldn't be possible without pushing themselves 100%, it's hard to rate another player above.

Generally I rate peak play/talent over career accomplishments and mental strength/grit which is why it's weird for me that I like Nadal the most out of the trio. But I guess part of that is because Federer was so dominant when I began watching tennis that I rooted for Nadal to break his monopoly.

Mentioned
    384 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always a mystery to me what the hell happened to Federer's forehand from 2008 onwards. That used to be the most vicious shot I'd ever seen (along with the Sampras serve) in both power and precision. Fast forwards to 2011-2017 when he wasn't ancient ancient, his forehands were tame and loopy.

You're welcome
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    rewatched summary of Kyrgios tsitsipas game and actually tsitsipas comes off as whiny b*]^%. In retrospect glad Kyrgios knocked him out.
    Last edited by Horatio; 7th July 2022 at 04:14 PM.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by catalinutzR80 View Post
    Federer still goat for me tho
    Truly bro. We friends again!!!

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Nadal and Djokovic are slightly boring players and lack that aura of a genius. There games are so one dimensional and defensive.

I'd rather watch a prime Del Potro or the Stanimal version of Wawrinka over these players.

No one comes close to RF and what he has done for the sport. RF makes people interested in Tennis more and fills up stadiums everywhere in the world like no other.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Halep is down 1 set in the semmis , fuuuuuuuuck
    ,,Concha de tu madre, hijo de mil putas"

- I will NOT watch another Barcelona game untill Valverde leaves -

Mentioned
    384 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, Nadal and Djokovic are mostly definitely geniuses. Nadal was one of the greatest prodigies in the history of the sport (career grand slam by 24?, having beaten Federer on all 3 surfaces in a GS final) and Djokovic has the two most dominant single seasons recorded in 2011 and 2015, when competition was at it's best (especially 2011).

Federer more talented than the other two, definitely, but the difference isn't massive.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are definitely Genius calibre and mentality for what they have done.

But I meant they lack the "aura of a genius" by which I mean they aren't as spectacular to watch as so.e other players on the tour. They play more like robots than magicians.

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't it a bit funny they banned Russians at Wimbledon and basically a Russian is playing the women's final? Epic fail.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    Isn't it a bit funny they banned Russians at Wimbledon and basically a Russian is playing the women's final? Epic fail.
    Was Medvedev banned for this tournament? Think he would've made it to at least quarters.
    Se Queda

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They dont care as long as not seen to be representing Russia.

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    They dont care as long as not seen to be representing Russia.
    But everybody knows she represents Russia in anything but graphics.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But everybody knows she represents Russia in anything but graphics.
    She doesnt she chose not to represent them which if anything will probably be twisted to show it is not about the individual but who they represent.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nadal is out