Tennis

Xaviniesta

Aged like milk :mou:

giphy.gif

serghei

Got to hand it to Djokovic. He's slaying the slam record. I think he can get to 25 if he's serious. Nadal and Federer in the mud :lol:.

impeh

Hi, its me..
47799645-9981019-image-a-173_1631401610589.jpg

Emma Raducanu becomes the youngest Grand Slam winner since Maria Sharapova in 2004. She wins the title without dropping a set after a sensational journey in New York.

:rockon:

zanela

The Djokovic monopoly of this weak era as he obliterates all the next gen pretenders has to be the most uninspiring and boring thing ever. Can't think of any other sport where its most successful athlete was also the least popular amongst its all-time greats. Even his current coach, Goran Ivanisevic was more loved by tennis fans back in his days.

Atleast WTA is making a revival ..or so it seems.

Laplacian

How can anyone be a fan of Djokovic? How?

He literally ruined tennis for me. I no longer look forward to grand slams because he's pretty much the only one capable of winning it now. I already know Medvedev is probably going to have some weird meltdown and 80% unforced errors like he did against Nadal and Djokovic during his other finals.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Raducanu was impressive. From qualifier to champion dropping 27 games in total (0 sets) is remarkable at any age & I doubt we'll see a repeat of that anytime soon - her return of serve is Agassi-esque and I love that lethal 2 handed backhand

Leylah had a great run herself but juvenile for her to have not only gotten upset but emotional for the medical timeout when it was clear Emma hurt herself on a breakpoint in the 2nd set - blood was clearly visible, to deny knowledge of the injury later is not believable. The low point for her was how super cringeworthy her post match pandering to NYers was with the 9/11 bit while never actually congratulating her opponent (Who congratulated her)

Mitchell1978

The Djokovic monopoly of this weak era as he obliterates all the next gen pretenders has to be the most uninspiring and boring thing ever. Can't think of any other sport where its most successful athlete was also the least popular amongst its all-time greats. Even his current coach, Goran Ivanisevic was more loved by tennis fans back in his days.

this so much, haven't watched tennis in years now

serghei

Raducanu was great, her style seems effortless. She looks great too, Romanian and Asian genes can be an awesome combination. I like her technique more than Halep, Svitolina, and the likes. She hits shots that go for the kill, but she also has the endurance and patience to prolong the exchanges if she wants.

Home of Barca Fans