Tennis

KingLeo10

GOAT debate will be between Federer (talent/peak) and Djokovic (achievements) moving forward

Nadal and Djoker got their slams against tougher competition than Fed.

Honestly, Fed post 2008 has won what 7 slams in 13 years? If anything, the only reason he'll linger on in the debate is because he's the most talented of the 3.

serghei

Nadal and Djoker got their slams against tougher competition than Fed.

Honestly, Fed post 2008 has won what 7 slams in 13 years? If anything, the only reason he'll linger on in the debate is because he's the most talented of the 3.

Possible. But being the most talented and the most technical and complete in terms of shot-making is a very big thing. It's not an afterthought but one of the things people inherently think about when judging greatness.

Hardy

If he wins on sunday Nole has already an enormous argument as GOAT, even with a less slam than other 2 guys. Nadal was undefeated in SF and F combined at Roland Garros.

KingLeo10

Possible. But being the most talented and the most technical and complete in terms of shot-making is a very big thing. It's not an afterthought but one of the things people inherently think about when judging greatness.

Nadal and Djoker aren't that far behind in talent. And they've proven more in terms of besting the best competition. The gap in the former in offset by the gap in the latter.

I don't even need to mention the H2Hs in GSs. Federer has been pretty poor against both, and shockingly, on grass v Djoker.

Richard.H

What puts Nole ahead of Federer is his mental game. Dude has that killer athletic instinct, much like other greats of sports like MJ and Maradona. Federer is easily the most talented, most fundamental, but very mentally fragile much like Messi. I can't even count the amount of times Federer has dropped matches where he had a match point or was close to a match point.

I could see Nole surpassing both Federer and Nadal this year.

KingLeo10

What puts Nole ahead of Federer is his mental game. Dude has that killer athletic instinct, much like other greats of sports like MJ and Maradona. Federer is easily the most talented, most fundamental, but very mentally fragile much like Messi. I can't even count the amount of times Federer has dropped matches where he had a match point or was close to a match point.

I could see Nole surpassing both Federer and Nadal this year.

Got to remember it's all relative. You don't get Messi and Fed's achievements without having an elite mentality. It's just that Djoker, MJ, and the like are absolute max possible level in that regard.

Rassvet

MJ was like Federer talent and skill with Djokovic mentality :lol:

Pippen will expose him soon

“Without Pippen there are no championship flags, let alone six, hanging in the United Center. There is no documentary. There is no Michael Jordan as we knew him," reads the preview of 'Unguarded'.

"Here, Pippen talks about what it was like to deal with Jordan on a day-to-day basis as he stood out as the true leader in the Bulls locker room," another part read

Home of Barca Fans