Boxing

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Cunningham is one of Fury's worst performances ever. He was a journeyman cruiserweight who finished his career 30-9 and managed to put Fury on his ass.

Not going to act like I'm super knowledgable about boxing as I'm not since I have always watched MMA more than boxing apart from big bouts anyway.

But that was almost 10 years ago wasn't it? Would it really be relevant today after all the changes Fury has made throughout the years?

ajnotkeith

Not going to act like I'm super knowledgable about boxing as I'm not since I have always watched MMA more than boxing apart from big bouts anyway.

But that was almost 10 years ago wasn't it? Would it really be relevant today after all the changes Fury has made throughout the years?

That's true, but it was brought up as an example of why Fury would beat Usyk, which didn't make any sense, he struggled a lot in that fight.

fergus90

AJ has become a meme recently but despite not being a top fighter he is very talented. He lacks the flair and variety that all top fighters have and is too robotic, which is what holds him back, along with his chin/tank, but he is no walkover.

His hands are deceptively fast for a big man, he has a lot of power, great fundamentals and of course great size. Usyk beating him twice in a pretty convincing manner both times is nothing to scoff at and at the least says he would be competitive with Fury.

Fury can use his weight and try and be rough but these are not tactics that really work with fighters like Usyk with excellent positioning and ring IQ. Indeed Joshua tried many times to grab him into a clinch and rough him up but Usyk was wise to his attempts and pushed him off or slipped.

Additionally we have previous history suggesting Fury struggles with smaller guys who can throw good combinations. Cunningham/Wallin/McDermott all gave him big trouble and Wallin (who is a no name with pillows for hands) nearly took him out. Fury's best performances have come against bigger guys evenly matched in size (Klitschko/Wilder).

I would also say, Usyk is not as small as is made out at all. He may not be as shredded as AJ or as tall as Fury but he is rock solid at 6'3, big wide frame that can take a good few punches as he's shown vs Joshua, Chisora and Gassiev.

Fury to me now is better than ever, used to hate his style when his uncle trained him. Way too negative and defensive, did not utilise his size at all and was quite easy to hurt. That Canadian guy dropped him as well, who's name escapes me now. That Usyk I would favour to beat him without doubt.

Under the Kronk style he is a different animal. The Wallin fight was ugly under Ben Davidson but he did have to navigate that horrible cut too.

Usyk is obviously not small by your normal standards but the guy was fighting Shawn Porter and Korobov at middleweight in the amateurs back in his early 20's so it's more by development than design. Korobov actually stopped him once and he's been hurt a few times too.

Beterbiev has dropped him on more than one occasion (although he's a beast so no shame there).

It was on a knife edge vs Marius Bredis, he got dropped by Medgidov too and Glowacki put him down also.

I think Usyk is class but he's just slightly too small for me and lacks the proper concussive power for that to be mitigated.

Sailor Mars

Judges were very generous with the scoring for GGG. He looked very outmatched in the first 7 rounds. Somewhat closer for the final 5. Can't see how he was given more than 2-3 rounds in the entire fight.

fergus90

After the judging in the first fight, GGG probably deserved a few gimmes without effecting the actual result.

Was more likely 10-2 Canelo but last four round were pretty close. Canelo will not fight and should not fight Bivol again though.

ajnotkeith

Fight was closer than it seemed when considering punch stats. Canelo only actually landed 10 more the whole fight, that's less than a punch more per round on average.

GGG looked awful and finished at 40 years old yet Canelo couldn't do much either and even gassed towards the end.

Bivol should win their rematch.

Total-Football

match just finished.wilder knocks helenius (former sparring partner)Witt a counter punch. terrible mismatch. hope those top 5 heavyweights stop ducking each other in 2023 or I'm done With their pussying. meanwhile fury wants to fight grandpa chisora for the 3rd time. smh

silas002

I'm genuinely surprised by the outcome of Manny's fight. I never expected him to be knocked down, let alone experience a knockout. It's unfortunate that his chances of a rematch with Mayweather are now unlikely, as he will be focusing on his political career in congress. Overall, it was an unbelievable fight that took an unexpected turn.

silas002

Pacquiao's offer to split the purse 45-55 with Mayweather leaves Floyd with no valid excuses anymore. It's worth noting that Pacquiao is now a shadow of his former self, which might result in a highly one-sided match. It's unfortunate that the fight, which was expected to revive the sport of boxing, will likely be delayed for another year or so due to the financial motivations of both fighters. This situation speaks volumes about the current state of affairs.

Home of Barca Fans