Boxing

Total-Football

What the fuck was jushua doing after the match hahahahaah

Reminds me of bellew after his loss to usyk when he started kissing him repeatedly. Fury is going to kill usyk in a match. Usyk has no power at all. Lands 100 punches and he almsot never hurt his opponents. Fury is not going to take long to knock him out cold.

ajnotkeith

What the fuck was jushua doing after the match hahahahaah

Reminds me of bellew after his loss to usyk when he started kissing him repeatedly. Fury is going to kill usyk in a match. Usyk has no power at all. Lands 100 punches and he almsot never hurt his opponents. Fury is not going to take long to knock him out cold.

Usyk will beat Fury.

ajnotkeith

I would bet my house on wilder knocking out usyk let alone fury

Fury has never been a powerful fighter in his career, the only one he showed big power against was Wilder who probably has the worst defense of any heavyweight champion ever. Whereas on the contrary AJ has been known for his big power and gotten a lot of big knockouts. But I don't think in the 24 rounds he fought Usyk he buzzed him with a punch to the head. If Fury beats Usyk it would be by decision I think.

Usyk's defense and movement makes it almost impossible to clip him in the head with a good shot, you could see AJ's only success was to the body as hitting his head is nearly impossible.

Total-Football

Fury has never been a powerful fighter in his career, the only one he showed big power against was Wilder who probably has the worst defense of any heavyweight champion ever. Whereas on the contrary AJ has been known for his big power and gotten a lot of big knockouts. But I don't think in the 24 rounds he fought Usyk he buzzed him with a punch to the head. If Fury beats Usyk it would be by decision I think.

Usyk's defense and movement makes it almost impossible to clip him in the head with a good shot, you could see AJ's only success was to the body as hitting his head is nearly impossible.

U speak as if fury would fight from the outside like jushua. Fury will make it a dog fight for usyk from the get go the same way he does to nearly every boxer. Boxers much bigger than usyk even. Once in the inside fury has an IQ like no other he will find a way to give usyk hell. Watch fury Cunningham. And Cunningham is arguibly faster than usyk but he still managed to slip inside and make it a dog fight. Fury has 12 rounds to land big punches because usyk is not knocking down fury. Jushua is a shadow of his former self.

Windhook

Usyk has his flaws and it was evident against a "great" boxer Joshua is. Fury is the real deal, a fight between him and Usyk will be the highlight of this generation of boxers. And I'm pretty sure Fury will win, of course if he wants it. The guy is a real boxer, it's in his blood, not hit-the-gym pump up muscles guy.

fergus90

Fury would have a lot more success than Joshua, he's just more savvy and experienced in a boxing ring. Uses his weight, leans on people, roughs them up.

Usyk is top class, but likes of Chisora made it a tougher night for him. I do feel sorry for him though, he was built up by Matchroom as some unbeatable, all time great and the reality is he's a fantastic athlete learning on the job, which was evident throughout to people who really follow boxing. It's like even he doesn't really know what kind of fighter he is.

topt

just no; Usyk has ZERO chance vs Fury, Tyson will just lean on him; if Joshua was smart he would do the same.

ajnotkeith

just no; Usyk has ZERO chance vs Fury, Tyson will just lean on him; if Joshua was smart he would do the same.

You can't 'just lean' on an opponent with excellent footwork. People think because Fury did that against cinderblocks for feet Wilder he can do that against any fighter.

topt

You can't 'just lean' on an opponent with excellent footwork. People think because Fury did that against cinderblocks for feet Wilder he can do that against any fighter.

he did it against everybody so far; you will see it will be very one sided fight, hell even Joshua had him in trouble a couple of times.

Total-Football

Fury has ridiculous reach too. Jushua doesn't have that reach and is stiff with the arms. Fury would not let usyk gets close without paying the coming in taxe. And if he comes in he will lean on him. All the scenarios seem to suggest usyk Wil get knocked out. Wilder with all those power punches didn't knock out fury no way a cruiserweight will. And it will not go to distance.

ajnotkeith

Fury would have a lot more success than Joshua, he's just more savvy and experienced in a boxing ring. Uses his weight, leans on people, roughs them up.

Usyk is top class, but likes of Chisora made it a tougher night for him. I do feel sorry for him though, he was built up by Matchroom as some unbeatable, all time great and the reality is he's a fantastic athlete learning on the job, which was evident throughout to people who really follow boxing. It's like even he doesn't really know what kind of fighter he is.

AJ has become a meme recently but despite not being a top fighter he is very talented. He lacks the flair and variety that all top fighters have and is too robotic, which is what holds him back, along with his chin/tank, but he is no walkover.

His hands are deceptively fast for a big man, he has a lot of power, great fundamentals and of course great size. Usyk beating him twice in a pretty convincing manner both times is nothing to scoff at and at the least says he would be competitive with Fury.

Fury can use his weight and try and be rough but these are not tactics that really work with fighters like Usyk with excellent positioning and ring IQ. Indeed Joshua tried many times to grab him into a clinch and rough him up but Usyk was wise to his attempts and pushed him off or slipped.

Additionally we have previous history suggesting Fury struggles with smaller guys who can throw good combinations. Cunningham/Wallin/McDermott all gave him big trouble and Wallin (who is a no name with pillows for hands) nearly took him out. Fury's best performances have come against bigger guys evenly matched in size (Klitschko/Wilder).

I would also say, Usyk is not as small as is made out at all. He may not be as shredded as AJ or as tall as Fury but he is rock solid at 6'3, big wide frame that can take a good few punches as he's shown vs Joshua, Chisora and Gassiev.

ajnotkeith

U speak as if fury would fight from the outside like jushua. Fury will make it a dog fight for usyk from the get go the same way he does to nearly every boxer. Boxers much bigger than usyk even. Once in the inside fury has an IQ like no other he will find a way to give usyk hell. Watch fury Cunningham. And Cunningham is arguibly faster than usyk but he still managed to slip inside and make it a dog fight. Fury has 12 rounds to land big punches because usyk is not knocking down fury. Jushua is a shadow of his former self.

Cunningham is one of Fury's worst performances ever. He was a journeyman cruiserweight who finished his career 30-9 and managed to put Fury on his ass.

Home of Barca Fans