FC Barcelona basketball team

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Lost to Maccabi Tel Aviv in the OT, 99-94, we lost both grounds against them if I am not mistaken. We are struggling against teams from the Middle East.

Last two rounds we will be against Fenerbahce and Bayern, which will not surprise me if we lose both. If that happens we will probably end up 3rd and might play against Fenerbahce (which I really want to avoid), Bayern or Milan in the playoff.

Messi983

Lost to Maccabi Tel Aviv in the OT, 99-94, we lost both grounds against them if I am not mistaken. We are struggling against teams from the Middle East.

Last two rounds we will be against Fenerbahce and Bayern, which will not surprise me if we lose both. If that happens we will probably end up 3rd and might play against Fenerbahce (which I really want to avoid), Bayern or Milan in the playoff.

Did you watch the game? Apparently a pretty polemic technical foul for Mirotic that has decided the game in Maccabi's favor?

Also, WTF were Madrid doing? Leading at HT and then conceding 67 points in 2nd half. :lol:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Did you watch the game? Apparently a pretty polemic technical foul for Mirotic that has decided the game in Maccabi's favor?

Also, WTF were Madrid doing? Leading at HT and then conceding 67 points in 2nd half. :lol:

Didn't watch the game, checked the score periodically rather nervously as I kind of knew we would struggle, since we lost to them at home this season too.

Is Read Madrid tactically giving up the top spot in the Euroleague? They lost to all Spanish teams in the Euroleague this season if I am not mistaken, however in the ACB league they beat everybody (except us of course) usually by a big margin. There is no doubt they would still make the playoff, probably either as No.7 or No.8.

I am not afraid of us playing against Real Madrid in the playoff, it is those Turkish teams and the newly ascending Bayern that I am afraid of.

Messi983

Saras has confirmed that Gasol is in the final phase of his recovery and he could play this week, either tomorrow against Bayern or in El Clasico on Sunday.

Probably won't play much but I'm actually excited to have him back.

Messi983

From what I've read we'll play either Zenit or Valencia.

Bayern finished the regular season toppling first-place Barcelona (24-10), which is still waiting to know its playoffs opponent. Zenit St Petersburg won at home against Maccabi to move to 19-14, tied on victories with Valencia (19-15). Zenit plays its last game, a rescheduled Round 6 home date with Panathinaikos (11-21) on Monday. If Zenit wins, it will advance to play Barcelona in the playoffs. If Zenit loses, that privilege goes to Valencia. The playoffs are due to begin on Tuesday, April 20.

Didn't watch full game yesterday but Gasol made his debut and did quite well. 9 points and 4 rebounds in 13 minutes.

We were also resting starters for tomorrow's El Clasico so don't give any importance to this loss against Bayern. Mirotić didn't play at all, Calathes and Davies have only played 12 minutes, Abrines 15 minutes. Youngsters Bolmaro and Sergi Martinez both played 25 minutes.

Messi983

87-85 win for RM. We've only led once in a whole game, 10 seconds before the end after Mirotić's 3 pt but Madrid replied and deservedly won and have all but confirmed top position in the league before the playoffs.

Still believe we're a much better team and should deal with them in a possible final.

Messi983

Juan Carlos Navarro is the new manager of the basketball section

Bar?a would like to thank Nacho Rodr?guez for his dedication and the work he has done up until now and wishes him all the best for the future.

Surprised they've made this change now, could wait until the season ends but it gives La Bomba more time to work on next years team.

Messi983

Deciding game 5 against Zenit tonight.

We've not been in Final Four since 2014, would be a big disappointment if this team would fail as well.

Home of Barca Fans