FC Barcelona basketball team

Messi983

We're reportedly close to sign Nicolas Laprovittola whose contract with RM has just expired.

So Heurtel to Madrid (though we've released him in January and he has played for Asvel most recently) and Laprovittola to Barca.

a.png

From my head I could only name Tomić and obviously Mirotić as players who have played for both teams. Should probably remember Bodiroga too but I forgot he has played for RM before going to Panathinaikos and then being a key player when we won our first Euroleague in 2002/03.

Messi983

Real Madrid is signing former EuroLeague Defensive Player of the Year Adam Hanga to a three-year deal according to Eurohoops sources. Hanga is terminating his contract with Barcelona that run through 2022 (with an option for 2023).

Don't like this...

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Real Madrid is signing former EuroLeague Defensive Player of the Year Adam Hanga to a three-year deal according to Eurohoops sources. Hanga is terminating his contract with Barcelona that run through 2022 (with an option for 2023).

Don't like this...

If I am not mistaken, we let him go first, right?

Messi983

We have released Victor Claver. He was a solid player in the past four years but injuries and diminished role in team last season were a clear sign he won't continue.

Meanwhile he has already agreed to a 3-year contract with Valencia where he has started his career.

Thanks and good luck.

Messi983

Adam Hanga was also released a few days ago. Don't really like this, especially if he'll go to RM.

This kid is apparently very talented. Saras obviously also knows him well.

Bar?a and Rokas Jokubaitis have an agreement for the 20 year, 193cm Lithuanian to join the club until 30 June 2025.

E6zwBxWXoAIS_gC

Messi983

"Swap" of players between Barca and RM complete. Hanga (and Heurtel through Asvel) to Madrid, Laprovittola to Barca.

Bar?a and @nicolapro7 have reached an agreement to sign the Argentine point guard for the next two seasons through to 30 June 2023

E7Xv767XMAIuIV-

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Under the presidency of Josep Maria Bartomeu, Bar?a basketball has lost 129 million euros.

Bar?a had a loss of 32.2 million euros in the 2019/20 season (41.4 in expenses and 9.1 in income). The previous year was 22.3 million in losses (34.4 in expenses and 12 in revenue). The previous one, 28.7 million in losses (38.5 of expenses and 9.7 of income). In 2016/17 there were 23.3 million losses (33.9 million in expenses and 10.7 in revenue) and in 2015/16, 29.7 million euros in expenses (22.5 million in losses and 7.2 in revenue).

KingLeo10

Under the presidency of Josep Maria Bartomeu, Bar?a basketball has lost 129 million euros.

Bar?a had a loss of 32.2 million euros in the 2019/20 season (41.4 in expenses and 9.1 in income). The previous year was 22.3 million in losses (34.4 in expenses and 12 in revenue). The previous one, 28.7 million in losses (38.5 of expenses and 9.7 of income). In 2016/17 there were 23.3 million losses (33.9 million in expenses and 10.7 in revenue) and in 2015/16, 29.7 million euros in expenses (22.5 million in losses and 7.2 in revenue).

Barto was a RM agent. An absolute rat.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Barto was a RM agent. An absolute rat.

Nah, I think he aspired to make Barca Basquet on par with Real Madrid not just in Spain but also in Europe and play with the big boys like CSKA and win trophies, it is just that back then we had football to cover the losses of sections such as basketball but now we don't. Laporta is cutting everywhere, but even in good years I don't think think the basketball section is going to make serious money, under any president.

Messi983

Yeah, club wants Mirotić to take a pay cut. He has apparently rejected but they'll continue to negotiate.

Leo_Messi

It has been great to witness the turnaround of the team since the arrival of Saras. A EuroLeague title (always a shame losing in the final) away from registrering the perfect season.

In other news Pau Gasol just announced his retirement. The greatest Spanish player of all-time and one of the greatest European basketball players to date. A phenomenal career for one of the friendliest and most classy guys in basketball. Happy that he could retire the way he did (winning a league title) and much in the same fashion it began (winning) at his boyhood club 20+ years apart. A shame with all the injuries but thankful for all the memories at Barcelona, the national team and the Lakers.

Leyenda.

Moltes gr?cies per tot i molta sort en la teva nova etapa, Pau.

View attachment 9162
View attachment 9163
View attachment 9164

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Jasikevicius is a true blessing for us (he even defended the men's football first team and called for unity last week), but I am sure if this team has what it takes in crunch times. The fashion in which we lost two pre-season finals, the ACB Catalan League final (against Baxi Manresa) and the more significant Spanish Super Cup (against Real Madrid), by blowing a huge lead and not being able to defend well (last season we were one of the best defensive teams in the EuroLeague, if not the, I think). Still very early in the season, we will see (3-0 so far).

Yes, Pau Gasol, best Catalan/Spanish basketball player ever.

Home of Barca Fans