FC Barcelona basketball team

Messi983

Finally a dominant performance when it was the most needed. Also, Efes beat RM in game 5.

The Final Four in Cologne, Germany, on May 28 will see already qualified CSKA Moscow take on Efes in one semifinal while Barcelona and Milan square off in the other.

ff-semis.png

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Against Anadolu Efes in the final. In my opinion they are the strongest team in Europe, and we struggle against the Turkish teams, for some reason.

Farripas

Bad 2nd quarter with the ball not falling and some stupid fouls. At one point we had a 10pt advantage, but with a better finish to the quarter, we now have a 3pts deficit.

Also, Barcelona did not have some counters like in the 1st quarter, because Anadolu took better care of the ball. The posicional attack not doing great.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
As expected, lost the final to Anadolu Efes, the 2nd quarter in particular cost us and we were never able to recover.

Still, congrats to the team for a great run. This is as much as we can get in Europe in a long time, I think.

Farripas

As expected, lost the final to Anadolu Efes, the 2nd quarter in particular cost us and we were never able to recover.

Still, congrats to the team for a great run. This is as much as we can get in Europe in a long time, I think.

Yeah, the 2nd quarter left things in a very difficult way. But had chances and some very sloppy passing in the final minutes took those chances away.

Great run, as you said. This should be the norm. Make the Final Four fight hard for the trophy.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yeah, the 2nd quarter left things in a very difficult way. But had chances and some very sloppy passing in the final minutes took those chances away.

Great run, as you said. This should be the norm. Make the Final Four fight hard for the trophy.

I am not sure if this will be the case going forward. Several of our regular are getting old (beyond 30), Bolmaro is leaving for the NBA and we are not linked to any major reinforcements as far as I know. Austerity will impact the basketball section too so probably no major signings. Real Madrid will get some reinforcements I read, Bayern has invested heavily this season and will continue to do so etc. The likes of the Turkish and Russian giants will not go away.

What particularly irks me is why the hell we can't seem to be able to beat the Turkish teams. Very annoying.

Farripas

I am not sure if this will be the case going forward. Several of our regular are getting old (beyond 30), Bolmaro is leaving for the NBA and we are not linked to any major reinforcements as far as I know. Austerity will impact the basketball section too so probably no major signings.

What particularly irks me is why the hell we can't seem to be able to beat the Turkish teams. Very annoying.

You're right. It will probably get worse in the next couple of years.

I don't know why can't we beat the Turkish teams... It really is.

Home of Barca Fans