FC Barcelona basketball team

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Barca beat Real 85-80 to reach Euroleague quarter-final!

Heard my two Croats played well.

Alen

Barca beat Real 85-80 to reach Euroleague quarter-final!

Heard my two Croats played well.

Ante had foul trouble early in the game but played ok for the rest of it. Supermario was incredible, he's going to be huge.

Leo_Messi

Xavi Pascual is such an average head coach. We just lost game 4 away from home (that we had to win to level the tie) in the last second against Olympiacos in the quarter-finals. We lost the series 3-1 in total. Had the team won tonight they would have played the all-deciding game 5 next Wednesday in Palau Blaugrana.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014–15_Euroleague#Quarter-finals

Really embarrassing. So many wasted opportunities and personal mistakes by especially Juan Carlos Navarro and Ante Tomic. Not good enough.

Hopefully a new board can improve the basketball team. Current Spanish champions or not. The new board should invest more in the basketball section and other sections of our club. That's what makes our club so special and the biggest sports club on the planet. I don't want to see us lose that due to neglect.

Last edited:

Alen

I don't think it's Pascual's fault, the team is pretty much done. We need some new blood. Abrines is a great prospect but he's not a player you build around and i'm afraid Hezonja will go to the NBA.

Sad day for us but i think this is where we stand in Euroleague basketball currently. We don't deserve more with the players we have.

Leo_Messi

I don't think it's Pascual's fault, the team is pretty much done. We need some new blood. Abrines is a great prospect but he's not a player you build around and i'm afraid Hezonja will go to the NBA.

Sad day for us but i think this is where we stand in Euroleague basketball currently. We don't deserve more with the players we have.

Xavi Pascual is a poor tactician. Our squad is definitely good enough to reach the final 4. It was expected that we would make the final 4 despite of all the injuries that we have been plagued with all season long.

Look at the lineup he used in the dying minutes of the last quarter. He used all of the tall players when we needed smaller and quicker players with the required mobility to operate in small rooms. The team under Pascual has a very annoying tendency of self-destructing at the end of deciding games. Especially if the tempo of a game is quick.

Alen

Xavi Pascual is a poor tactician. Our squad is definitely good enough to reach the final 4. It was expected that we would make the final 4 despite of all the injuries that we have been plagued with all season long.

Look at the lineup he used in the dying minutes of the last quarter. He used all of the tall players when we needed smaller and quicker players with the required mobility to operate in small rooms. The team under Pascual has a very annoying tendency of self-destructing at the end of deciding games. Especially if the tempo of a game is quick.

Yeah he seemed reluctant to play the "small five" in key moments of the game but i do believe we lack quality, even without the injuries. We also lost to a very good Olympiakos team, kudos to them.

Leo_Messi

Yeah he seemed reluctant to play the "small five" in key moments of the game but i do believe we lack quality, even without the injuries. We also lost to a very good Olympiakos team, kudos to them.

Juan Carlos Navarro (all-time leader in points scored in the Euroleague) had a very poor game and failed to convert his 2 free throws in our last attack. He also had a lot of sloppy passes and failed shots. Tomic was poor too and spent a lot of time outside of the box. He also made that horrible pass to a opposition player in the dying minutes of the 4th quarter which gave Olympiacos their lead. That was due to Pascual completely ignoring the need to play with a smaller five. Tomic was also passive in the defense and he is still an average free throw shooter.

Leo_Messi

Another thing. The new signings such as Doellman (especially), Pleiss and Deshaun Thomas have not been decisive enough. At least they are all young expect Doellman.

Satoranský has been doing well though.

The team is definitely talented and especially Hezonja and Abrines look very talented but we could do with a Rudy Fernández or Sergio Rodríguez kind of player.

I am still hoping that the Gasol brothers will play for us once again sometime in the future.

Alen

Juanca has been declining steadily and i think he's pretty much at the end of the road, Pleiss & Thomas are not good enough and Doellman was surprisingly good, especially last year.

Abrines is not ready and Hezonja will probably leave, we badly need a difference maker.

Leo_Messi

Juanca has been declining steadily and i think he's pretty much at the end of the road, Pleiss & Thomas are not good enough and Doellman was surprisingly good, especially last year.

Abrines is not ready and Hezonja will probably leave, we badly need a difference maker.

Yes but that's evident given his age (35). I won't write Pleiss and Thomas off just yet. Both are still young and can improve. They are bench players too.

Doellman has been horrendous so far. An epic disappointment IMO.

Abrines is awesome and so is Hezonja. Hopefully the latter will stay for a few more seasons.

raki

The club invest. Doellman was the MVP last year and we bought him. Plus Tomic, Hezonja and other great players. I think it´s time for a new coach. They lost the 2 games in Greece in a pathetic way missing tons of 3p shoots.

Leo_Messi

The club invest. Doellman was the MVP last year and we bought him. Plus Tomic, Hezonja and other great players. I think it´s time for a new coach. They lost the 2 games in Greece in a pathetic way missing tons of 3p shoots.

As I wrote earlier then only Satoransky has been a good buy. Doellman has been a horrible buy regardless of him winning the MVP last season with Valencia.

Pascual should definitely leave alongside Creus. New blood is needed. No matter if we win the league this season again which I highly doubt. It's RM's to lose.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
My team Olympiakos is awesome!
Spanoulis is one of the best players to play in europe.
5th final four for us in the last 7 years.

Cska is really strong though.

Home of Barca Fans