FC Barcelona basketball team

Messi983

I am not sure if this will be the case going forward. Several of our regular are getting old (beyond 30), Bolmaro is leaving for the NBA and we are not linked to any major reinforcements as far as I know. Austerity will impact the basketball section too so probably no major signings. Real Madrid will get some reinforcements I read, Bayern has invested heavily this season and will continue to do so etc. The likes of the Turkish and Russian giants will not go away.

What particularly irks me is why the hell we can't seem to be able to beat the Turkish teams. Very annoying.

We're looking at Rokas Jokubaitis from Žalgiris to replace Bolmaro. There were rumours Saras is pushing for Pangos return. And now there are rumours La Bomba is working on Marc Gasol's return as well.

Sure, a lot of key players are around or older than 30 but I think Mirotic, Higgins, Davies&Co. still have at least 2-3 good seasons in them.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
We're looking at Rokas Jokubaitis from Žalgiris to replace Bolmaro. There were rumours Saras is pushing for Pangos return. And now there are rumours La Bomba is working on Marc Gasol's return as well.

Sure, a lot of key players are around or older than 30 but I think Mirotic, Higgins, Davies&Co. still have at least 2-3 good seasons in them.

Marc Gasol? The 36-year old who hasn't been that great and effective I heard. :facepalm: I'd rather they sign some younger, more mobile and nimble players or NBA rejects...

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
We beat Real Madrid in the first game of the final in Madrid, 75:89! :rockon:

We play better in Madrid than home these days.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Apparently our basketball B team will play in Liga EBA (the fourth division) next season, after winning promotion from LEB Plata (the third divison, where we were the past season) to the 2nd division LEB Oro. MD says it is due to the development of players and cost associated of playing in the 2nd division, I think it has more to do with the latter. The financial crisis has fucked us in every area.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Apparently the personal appeal from the Turkish president Erdogan didn't stop him from wanting to join us.

It will certainly be interesting to see how our basketball squad will involve in the next several years. On the one hand we say we want to make it to the Final Four every season, on the other hand we are trying to cut the budget (5m less than last season I read), even though Euroleague is relaxing the spending limit, which will probably result in many other teams across Europe spending more vigorously and ambitiously than us in terms of signing players and acquiring talents.

Messi983

Abrines renewed till 2026.

OOnA2Sk1

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Our U18 team humiliated Real Madrid 102-63 in the final of the Spanish championship in Granada. Nice revenge after our Euroleague Next Generation final loss to them earlier this month, 78-81.

Messi983

Our U18 team humiliated Real Madrid 102-63 in the final of the Spanish championship in Granada. Nice revenge after our Euroleague Next Generation final loss to them earlier this month, 78-81.

Nice. Looking at the match report we've scored 17 triples.

63 - REAL MADRID: Ndiaye 5, Vukcevic 11, Kostadinov 15, N??ez 10, Garuba 8 ?cinco inicial?, Klavzar 7, Cebri?n 3, Veesar 4, Bartolom?.

102 - BAR?A: Bonilla 18, Villar 10, Granja 15, nnaji 14, Caicedo 16 ?cinco inicial?, Nessah, Ubal 12, Ord??ez 10, Mart?n, Simijk 4, Ganal 3.

PARCIALES: 25-18, 18-23, 11-25, 9-26.

James Nnaji was MVP of the final and Michael Caicedo the best player of the tournament but other than that I don't know these players so can't say if anyone of them is close to get a spot in the first team. But with cost cuting some fringe senior players will leave and we could fill the bench with our own youngsters, at least in easier games and when injuries will happen so maybe one or two of these kids will get a chance. But most likely they'll play for Barca B or be loaned.

OTOH I know Garuba has played quite regularly for RM first team this season and Vukcevic also got some opportunities.

Home of Barca Fans