Basketball/NBA

Richard.H

This is a choke job of epic proportions. The sports channels here are still talking about it. Some are calling it the worst choke job in NBA history. Nearly everyone was sure it would be Clippers vs. Lakers, even Nuggets fan

More people need to talk about how great the Nuggets were. All the media attention here is on the Clippers and how Kawhi should never be in the same conversation as the all time greats.

KingLeo10

I don't like Lebron in relation to MJ, who for me is undisputed GOAT.

But as an all time great (easily top 5, maybe top 3), he is a class above Kawhi. Boston elimination Game 6 2012, Spurs Game 7 2013, GSW 2016 Game 7 and so on. He's a monster when the chips are on the line for the most part.

wisconsincule

Like pretty much every sport I couldn’t get excited about the bubble. Guys playing in big conference rooms turned into basketball gyms in front of 20 people. Reminds me of the local YMCA.

Bucks get humiliated by the heat... I don’t think that series goes the same way if we are playing at the FISERV forum....

FCBfan22

I really hope Miami wins this year. No big stars apart from Butler, but hard work and decent defense carry them onwards. Also, Dragić deserves a ring.

khaled_a_d

I don't like Lebron in relation to MJ, who for me is undisputed GOAT.

But as an all time great (easily top 5, maybe top 3), he is a class above Kawhi. Boston elimination Game 6 2012, Spurs Game 7 2013, GSW 2016 Game 7 and so on. He's a monster when the chips are on the line for the most part.

Kawhi play offs has been great, his run with Toronto was historical.
This warranted the hype, and even the short term comparison.
But he will always come short in history because regular season success matters, and the sport will lose ton of money if all top teams think of it as after thought. His health alone will limit that.

That is why winning it all with LAC was important, it changes things. He will do something never done before. The hype was because of this theory, there will be a lot of pressure on him next year.

That said, he choose the wrong coach. Doc isn't an old school master like Greg Popovich or Rick Carlisle , he isn't a new generation guru like Nurse, Malone, Stevens. He is good coach who is overrated due to winning with one of the deepest teams ever, while being the media darling ( might be due to having few good black coaches atm)

Richard.H

Lakers 1-0.

If Rondo continues to play like this and stays healthy there is very little that Nuggets or Heat/Celtics can do. Why am I emphasizing Rondo and not the other players? Because he takes a massive amount of pressure and energy off Lebron. Lebron is saving so much energy by just letting Rondo be the facilitator. In last night's game Lebron had just 15 points and we were cruising, never really needing his contribution much. He only played 31 mins too, very low compared to his average. Our defense if it continues is very difficult to get past too. Caruso and Green do an excellent job on closing on the guards and the inside is protected with the trio of Davis, Howard, and McGee.

The only thing stopping the Lakers now would be complacency or injuries. Don't get me wrong mentality is important in every sport, but all the pieces are there for us to win the chip this year.

I truly believe Nuggets need a monster contribution from both Murray and Jokic for them to have a chance. I'm talking at least 30 pts from each player. Otherwise I don't really see anything else that stands out to me in terms of matchups or lineups that Malone could implement.

Hardy

well, after all Lakers have by far the 2 best players left in the playoff, it's hard to imagine a team losing 4 games in a series with such dominant combo (I believe they will barely lose 2 or 3 for the rest of playoff). supporting cast step up as well, Howard was amazing on Joker this game. The only interesting thing will be the finals MVP.

Richard.H

AD buzzer beater for the lakers to take a 2-0 lead!!! LEEETSS GO!!!!

We played like absolute crap in the 2nd half, all calls going nuggets way, and still won. very impressed by this team.

CatalinR10

AD buzzer beater for the lakers to take a 2-0 lead!!! LEEETSS GO!!!!

We played like absolute crap in the 2nd half, all calls going nuggets way, and still won. very impressed by this team.

Madening game.

Looked like Nuggets were gonna pull out another comeback win after Lakers had a 16 point lead.

Katarina1

Banned
Bron needs to stop taking some of these stupid shots. That time when he let the shot clock run down and then tried a fadeaway 3 which airballed drove me insane dawg.

Katarina1

Banned
Funny how Bron haters troll him when he loses regardless of how well he plays, but then start caring about stats when his team wins. Anyway, we're two wins away from final #10 and six away from chip #4.

Home of Barca Fans