Basketball/NBA

Watched 2 games out of 6, Curry really killed it in the last game. Other than that James was comfortably the better player of the mins i've seen, incredible passing & dribbling :)

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Modern jumpshooting team, which even though utilized spot up shooters, designed plays based on picks and post-up.. And as said before, the spot up guys were simply red hot for most of the playoffs, whether left open or contested. They weren't reliant upon.

Chandler was the defensive coordinator wherever he was, but his speed and savvy in pick and roll was what made the Mavs offense killing back then (and last season too with Monta and Harris!). Compare the pick and roll game of his with Brendan Haywood's in 09/10 and the season after.

As for the Warriors, THEIR bigs are for defense and rebounding, and setting screens for shooters. They are the true jumpshooting team albeit with great shooters. They went to the rim a lot? I think only when Iggy reincarnated and Curry realised he can't keep on shooting over Dellavedova? From what I've seen him and Klay were shooting jumpers from beyond the line and a few feet closer for most of the playoffs. Not many exceptions to the rule. And that's far from what Mavs did.

I didn't claim they were exclusively a jump-shooting team though, they had many tools in their locker. As you mention, they used PnR's and post-up when their shooting was off, but they were mainly a jump-shooting team back then. It's no coincidence that they set the record for most 3's attempted and made during the playoffs. Reliant or not, it was one of their biggest strengths, which is also evident in all the stats I've posted so far show.

Only Bogut is there for defense and rebounding. Draymond Green contributes in both ends and does it excellently. He didn't get a triple double in game 6 for pure defense. They are the true jump-shooting team though, agreed.

They did go to the rim a lot. Especially when their 3 point shooting was off. What does these stats tell you? These as well.

El Gato

Villarato!
They weren't playing to be though! In how many games were they simply left open on threes (Game 4 v Lakers)? Many other games they won not threes but by going to Dirk, who albeit did shoot a lot, but also knocked 24 points off the free throw line. I don't think when the offense of a team isn't designed to be freeing up spot-up shooters (which it wasn't) that this team is actually jumpshooting. Pretty sure during the season when Caron Butler was healthy and Haywood played more minutes they played less outside game.

Draymond contributes by getting something like 10-12 PPG, but is otherwise a standalone rebounder. Doesn't even go to the line more than 4 times per game. Far from an offensive tool really, but does his job very well, seems like a smart guy and has some good hands.

What I can gather from the stats is that they shot something close to 60-70% from further than 10 feet. And granted that when they did go to the rim it was against bad defense teams who can't defend their PnR. I get very confused with all the stats on the NBA website sometimes, if you find the Finals stats and post them here I'll refer to them.

Either way, Warriors are great, just not my flavour of a team and far from what Mavs were in 10/11.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
They weren't playing to be though! In how many games were they simply left open on threes (Game 4 v Lakers)? Many other games they won not threes but by going to Dirk, who albeit did shoot a lot, but also knocked 24 points off the free throw line. I don't think when the offense of a team isn't designed to be freeing up spot-up shooters (which it wasn't) that this team is actually jumpshooting. Pretty sure during the season when Caron Butler was healthy and Haywood played more minutes they played less outside game.

Draymond contributes by getting something like 10-12 PPG, but is otherwise a standalone rebounder. Doesn't even go to the line more than 4 times per game. Far from an offensive tool really, but does his job very well, seems like a smart guy and has some good hands.

What I can gather from the stats is that they shot something close to 60-70% from further than 10 feet. And granted that when they did go to the rim it was against bad defense teams who can't defend their PnR. I get very confused with all the stats on the NBA website sometimes, if you find the Finals stats and post them here I'll refer to them.

Either way, Warriors are great, just not my flavour of a team and far from what Mavs were in 10/11.

So let's agree on it was more or less due to injuries that resorted them to jump-shooting in the playoffs. Turned out for the better though, didn't it? ;)

Draymond isn't far from an offensive tool though. He's a decent passer who really did his part in offense when Curry struggled with the double teams coming at him. This is one of the reasons why he averaged around 5 assists per game in the playoffs.

Here you go. 45% of their FGA were either in the restricted area or in the paint, 55% of them were either mid-range, left/right corner 3 and above the break 3. This is for the Finals.

Fair enough. I'm more of a fan of the triangle offense and Spurs system myself, but I enjoyed watching Warriors too this year. So glad they managed to beat the Cavs with all the ISO they were playing.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
NBA draft in about an hour. Can't wait. Hoping for Russell, but I wouldn't mind Okafor.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Knicks select Kristaps Porzingis and Knicks fans riot. :lol:

He is very talented though. Could become a beast.

Edit: Barca player Mario Hezonja is pick no. 5 and goes to the Magic. He is from Croatia.

Last edited:

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Kings pick a center. Adds to the rumors that Cousins will be traded. These idiots are destroying their franchise.

Edit: Perfect scenario for the Nuggets who get Mudiay. They were rumors that they wanted to trade up for him and now they get him for free. Lawson will leave anyway.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans