Basketball/NBA

Windhook

This one is strange though, because some of Lakers titles was for Minneapolis Lakers. Many Celtic fans don't like counting those :lol:

Reminds me of Joan Gaspart, who infamously stated that he doesn't count all first 5 European Cup titles won in a row by Real Madrid in 50s-60s:lol:

It's normal for fans to remember the color era of the game, thus post-80s Showtime era.

But I'm still in awe of what Bill Russel and his teams accomplished, it's not like they didn't have competition in the face of Wilt Chamberlain, Jerry West, Elgin Baylor and such.

Sailor Mars

Curry got his 4th ring and a Finals MVP to shut up some of his critics.

Durant's legacy probably gets hurt by this win. Though, I don't think the Warriors would have beat Cleveland in 2017 without him or the 2018 Rockets.

Hardy

happy for Curry who cemented his legacy with this finals MVP, he now has a legit argument for a top 10 all time conversation.

khaled_a_d

Curry got his 4th ring and a Finals MVP to shut up some of his critics.

Durant's legacy probably gets hurt by this win. Though, I don't think the Warriors would have beat Cleveland in 2017 without him or the 2018 Rockets.

2017 would have been anyone guess if Durant wasn't there and Barnes retained. I think GSW would win it but in a close match up.
I think Duran legacy is cemented anyway, and he still benefited a lot from GSW tenure despite all criticism.
Only thing it hurts him is in comparison with Curry, as he probably takes a step behind him now.

Sailor Mars

2017 would have been anyone guess if Durant wasn't there and Barnes retained. I think GSW would win it but in a close match up.
I think Duran legacy is cemented anyway, and he still benefited a lot from GSW tenure despite all criticism.
Only thing it hurts him is in comparison with Curry, as he probably takes a step behind him now.

I feel the 2017 Cavs were way better than the 2016 version that actually won the championship. One of the better offenses I've seen in the NBA.

Think they would've beat the Warriors if they had Barnes, instead of KD.

Windhook

Congrats to GSW. They are the dynasty team in NBA in the last 10 years. If healthy the Splash brothers have proven they are an unstoppable duo.

CatalinR10

Just read that Bill Russell died , RIP.

FZAyzhyXwAE4V3F

Windhook

Bill Russell was from another universe. Extraordinary person who fought prejudice throughout his career without giving in a single moment. I'm not talking about his 11 championships at all, I'm talking about the person he was. One of the toughest sportsmen and human beings I've known, I'll definitely miss his laugh.

Gnidrologist

Interesting how this sport forum or thread doesn't give a fuck about eurobasket now in the semi/final stage. Shows how popular european basketballz are.
I don't give much fuck either, even, when Latvia plays. Hate sports, where score is changing rapidly. Too nervous to watch. :(

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Interesting how this sport forum or thread doesn't give a fuck about eurobasket now in the semi/final stage. Shows how popular european basketballz are.
I don't give much fuck either, even, when Latvia plays. Hate sports, where score is changing rapidly. Too nervous to watch. :(

European Basketball atmosphere pisses all over the NBA, but I think it's just not as available as the NBA most places or marketed well enough. Also too many games for my liking so only follow the NBA during playoffs nowadays here and there.

Windhook

European basketball is more tactical than the flashy NBA. I watched some of the games, mostly Bulgaria NT against the continental giants Spain and Turkey. All teams base their game on open shots, 2PT or 3PT and following coach instructions. Dunking is exclusive when nobody is around guarding the inside area.

In other words it's not much fun to watch if you are not die-hard fan of given team or nation.

The atmosphere is crazy, no doubt, but this is exclusive for the Balkan nations where club ultra-fans show up in Greece, Turkey, Serbia and Croatia.

Home of Barca Fans