Basketball/NBA

Windhook

I'm convinced Golden State Warriors will win the championship this year. They say Doncic was coming back from a sickness in Game 2, but looking at highlights... man, this GSW team is a basketball video game perfection. All players on the roster, except maybe for the center position, are quick, can shoot from the 3PT line and pick & roll for close layups or dunks.

Sailor Mars

The last Celtics-Warriors game in the regular season was a pretty good game too. I think the Celtics match up well with the Warriors on paper.

But the Warriors do have experience and familiarity with playing in the NBA finals.

Hardy

considering how much they struggled with Memphis not sure they can beat Boston, on paper is a terrible matchup.

jamrock

Basketball is so trash these days, I have not fully watched a single playoff game, which would be unthinkable for me growing up.

Too many fouls, too many time outs, and most importantly too many freaking unnecessary & irrelevant stories about players lives off the court by the commentators.

I'm fuckin tired of hearing about Chris Paul's aunt's cousin sister's mom twice removed.

Just fuckin talking about the game & if not exciting is happening at a particular moment let the game breathe.

Windhook

I expect something similar to 4-1 Mavericks games for Warriors. Boston are coming as this huge underdog in this and I have a lot of sympathy for their head coach Ime Udoka being Spurs/Popovich rooted guy.

Windhook

I wonder if the number of NBA titles is that important for the American fans of the game.

Celtics and Lakers are tied up with 17.

For instance Man Utd fans lose their mind when Liverpool wins EPL, vice versa.

khaled_a_d

I wonder if the number of NBA titles is that important for the American fans of the game.

Celtics and Lakers are tied up with 17.

For instance Man Utd fans lose their mind when Liverpool wins EPL, vice versa.

This one is strange though, because some of Lakers titles was for Minneapolis Lakers. Many Celtic fans don't like counting those :lol:

El Gato

Villarato!
I don't see why # of titles would matter. It's not like in Spain or Italy where it went along with age old territorial disputes

KingLeo10

This one is strange though, because some of Lakers titles was for Minneapolis Lakers. Many Celtic fans don't like counting those :lol:

There's also the flip side that Lakers have by far the highest title count in the modern era at 11 (after NBA/ABA merger).

Celtics have only 4 of those. Bulls second most successful with 6.

Here in the US, most casuals/fans regard the Lakers as the most dominant/successful/glamorous team, also because at least 5 of the top 10 players ever have played for them (Kareem, Magic, Kobe, Shaq, Lebron). Celtics only two (Bird and Russell).

Home of Barca Fans