Basketball/NBA

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Some are saying they are better than Michael Jordan's Bulls from the 90s but I wouldn't go so far.

Força Barça

I honestly don't follow basketball that much, at all. I grew up in New Orleans and when I was 7 the Jazz left for Utah, I gave up on the game. I do remember following the Bulls in their hay day as they were incredible to watch. Since then it's fallen off the face of the earth for me.

The Warriors are the local team here in Oakland and since they're on the news I'm aware of them. I don't follow them religiously or anything, but I understand what's going on. I wish them luck, it's always nice to see the local team win it all.

I've always found it hard to compare two teams of two different generations. Both dominant, however GS was orchestratively built to take on the Cavs as a powerhouse. Both teams have proven they're great, IMO, just by making it to 3 straight championships together. I've read that the Warriors team has more firepower, I've heard the Lakers in their day had better depth and the records the Bulls pulled off speak for themselves.

If the warriors pull off the win in the next game they will cement their name in the history books forever for going undefeated in the NBA playoffs and 16 straight wins. Impressive stat and I I wish them the best, as usual, I won't be watching.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Some are saying they are better than Michael Jordan's Bulls from the 90s but I wouldn't go so far.

Warriors broke their regular season record last year. They already have broken the pre-existing postseason record this year with 15 wins and no losses, with 1 more game against a demoralized Cavs team to go 16-0 in the playoffs which has never even been dreamt of in the NBA. It's even more impressive than going undefeated in the CL considering how many games basketball teams play in a playoff series. This is also in an era where basketball is more competitive than in the past and the overall level of play is higher; doing what they're doing against a Lebron James led Cavs team that won the championship last year is no easy feat. IMO it's difficult to even imagine the game of basketball being played better hypothetically than the Warriors are playing now.

They're at the absolute upper limit of success in their sport and they have a number of years left at the top. Given how much of a one-off revelation Curry is with his historic shooting abilities, he could honestly continue to play at his level for years. We've never seen anyone do anything remotely like what he does so we don't know whether his profile is a plus or minus for longevity. Their win record for the past 3 seasons is 67, 73, 67 and they're about to get their 2nd championship with probably a good number more to go. IMO they're already better than Jordan's Bulls in terms of peak level and unstoppability. They are almost literally a perfect team and have shattered many of the most impressive records held by the Bulls or other teams. They're not as well achieved as Jordan's Bulls yet but IMO that's simply a matter of time and they'll end up as the platinum standard for historic success in the NBA. Fuck them for how badly they've destroyed the competition of basketball but what we're witnessing is actually pretty ridiculous.

khaled_a_d

I would say they are already better in terms of the level and dominance they are playing. Bulls has longevity over them. GSW have the chance to meet that too but many of their players struggled before with injuries and they could lose Iggy next summer and may be even Klay in 2 years

Hardy

I don't see any competition, exactly the opposite, i think this is one of the weakest era in Nba history with two all star teams and the rest of the league is basically garbage with so many "pretender" and not contender except maybe Spurs. 6-7 of the best players in Nba play in these two teams, this is not competition, it's like the America's cup :lol:

Richard.H

What an insane game. The whole Cavs basically had to play a cheat code game + get help from the refs to win this one. What an ugly 1st quarter with what, like 20 FT attempts from the Cavs? Horrible officiating but credit to the Cavs, they shot like 70 % and Kyrie went GOD mode.

What an insane game. The whole Cavs basically had to play a cheat code game + get help from the refs to win this one. What an ugly 1st quarter with what, like 20 FT attempts from the Cavs? Horrible officiating but credit to the Cavs, they shot like 70 % and Kyrie went GOD mode.

Just wanted to point out that the refs were terrible period. Draymond and Zaza shouldn't have been on the court for the whole match.

Magnitude of the win makes all this quite moot.

Can't see it happening, but if the cavs somehow win the next game, oh my... GSW team will sweat bullets.

Home of Barca Fans