Basketball/NBA

El Gato

Villarato!
Is Duncan not retiring then? Spurs will be set for years if LMA works out for them. Poor Lillard though. That team was too green.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Is Duncan not retiring then? Spurs will be set for years if LMA works out for them. Poor Lillard though. That team was too green.

Highly doubt it. Due to Spurs having his Bird rights, he's probably waiting to sign until they've filled out the rest of the roster. David West and another player is my guess.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Btw, I think I read on Twitter that Majó wants to bring back the Gasol brothers as well as Ibaka to our basketball team if he wins the elections. Amazing if he pulled it off.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Poor Lakers :lol: Missed on everyone and had to settle for trash can Roy Hibbert. My word, what a monumental mess.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
There weren't too many options out there tbh. Not only was LMA a pipe dream, keep in mind he didn't want to play center. DJ's choices were between the Clippers and Mavs. Robin Lopez got overpaid by the Knicks. That leaves the Lakers with Koufos and Hibbert. It's not too bad, the latter's only got a year left on his contract.

Oh well, another season of irrelevance incoming. The Laker's pick next year is only top 3 protected, so tanking is almost out of the question.

raki

Btw, I think I read on Twitter that Majó wants to bring back the Gasol brothers as well as Ibaka to our basketball team if he wins the elections. Amazing if he pulled it off.

That´s BS. Only a fool can promise that.

khaled_a_d

There weren't too many options out there tbh. Not only was LMA a pipe dream, keep in mind he didn't want to play center. DJ's choices were between the Clippers and Mavs. Robin Lopez got overpaid by the Knicks. That leaves the Lakers with Koufos and Hibbert. It's not too bad, the latter's only got a year left on his contract.

Oh well, another season of irrelevance incoming. The Laker's pick next year is only top 3 protected, so tanking is almost out of the question.

They aren't gonna tank intentionally but that roster could handle the Sixers a very high pick .unless Kobe became health and carry this team it can be possibly a top 6-8 pick or may be even higher.
Kupchak is a good GM though .may be he can pull something of his hat .but future short term doesn't look that good .Randle and Russel need to prove their worth for long term too.

That´s BS. Only a fool can promise that.
True ,and with next Salary Cap there will be very little chance for any European or Chinese teams to even compete with NBA for scrubs financially
although it is possible with Pau.he is 35(completes it tomorrow ,happy bd Pau) he could decide to come back home next year or after .but that won't be with help of any president

El Gato

Villarato!
They're taking another year off in wait for Durant, it's obvious. And it gives a rookie year off for D'Angelo to test him out with Kobe who apparently thinks he's gonna feature until he's 40...

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
They aren't gonna tank intentionally but that roster could handle the Sixers a very high pick .unless Kobe became health and carry this team it can be possibly a top 6-8 pick or may be even higher.
Kupchak is a good GM though .may be he can pull something of his hat .but future short term doesn't look that good .Randle and Russel need to prove their worth for long term too.
The years of Kobe carrying our team are over. I can't possibly see him do it at the age of 37.

Next year should be for player development. A line-up of Russell/Clarkson/Kobe/Randle/Hibbert looks decent, but there won't be much defense. Maybe if Upshaw turns out to be the second coming of Mutombo, we could grind out more wins than expected.

Mitch build a team that repeated two years ago. I trust his judgment.

Lakers have 4.6 million left now after this...

Not a problem, Lakers probably won't re-sign Hibbert next year and Kobe's contract is up by that time.

khaled_a_d

The years of Kobe carrying our team are over. I can't possibly see him do it at the age of 37.

Next year should be for player development. A line-up of Russell/Clarkson/Kobe/Randle/Hibbert looks decent, but there won't be much defense. Maybe if Upshaw turns out to be the second coming of Mutombo, we could grind out more wins than expected.

Mitch build a team that repeated two years ago. I trust his judgment.

Not a problem, Lakers probably won't re-sign Hibbert next year and Kobe's contract is up by that time.

I didn't mean to carry them to play-offs .but a healthy Kobe with the current roster could end somewhat with a not so bad record .may be get around 35-40 wins

They're taking another year off in wait for Durant, it's obvious. And it gives a rookie year off for D'Angelo to test him out with Kobe who apparently thinks he's gonna feature until he's 40...

Kobe gave mixed answers about his future .he indicated he may stay one time and that he may retire next other times .I think it will depend on his health and the team
I hope that D'Angelo is developed probably and they don't force him to be a PG .he is a good passing SG and good very well be top 5 in that position .
If D'Angelo & Julius Randle turned to be good the Lakers can bounce back quickly .if not they might be set for a long time in mediocrity

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Lakers ending with a not-so-bad record will be bad though. Their 1st round pick in 2016 belongs to the Sixers unless it is in the top 3 again. Seeing as there's no way in hell they make the playoffs in the West, their best bet is to lose, and lose a lot so they can get a top 3 pick again they can use for more young talent or as ammo to trade for a star.

Lakers are in real bad shape. They likely will indeed win enough to miss that top 3 pick, but certainly not enough to make the playoffs, so in all likelihood they'll lose that pick. And yes, they will have money in 2016 to get players, but guess what, so will many other teams due to the cap ballooning. Seeing how poorly they did this season in free agency even when they had money to spend, I don't think it's safe to assume they'll do better next year.

Best bet is for their young players to develop nicely, but the team still loses a lot of games so they can continue to rebuild with youth.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Even losing a lot doesn't guarantee retaining their pick so no point in losing .even worst team in the league has 35.7 chance of being out of the top 3 picks .the best they can do is try to in most games they can to save themselves embarrassment of giving a top 10 pick .

El Gato

Villarato!
As if Kobe and Hibbert will be motivated enough to lift them into the West's midtable. Them, Denver and New York will be the worst 3 teams in the NBA. Maybe Sacramento is in the mix too. And whether they do have money or not, Durant 2016 is their mission and that is their best really, not picks.

Home of Barca Fans