Basketball/NBA

khaled_a_d

Nope, Giannis is the best player in the world and Greece will win the world cup, only the US can compete with us

Love Giannis, burt even if your statement is true it doesn't make my statement false.
Greece has only 5 active players in NBA, Giannis, Georgios Papagiannis , Tyler Dorsey, Kosta Koufos & Kostas Antetokounmpo
1st 2 are products of Greek youth systems, and Giannis himself wasn't known for his fundamentals at all coming to the NBA but for his raw talents. Dorsey and Koufos were product of the American system with Kostas being a mix between both, he is still very raw and atm he is a scrub with potential to be a rotation player one day.
So while Giannis has legit chance to surpass Dirk as Europe greatest player ever, he -like Dirk- doesn't speak much of NT success, Spain has elite clubs and leagues just like Greece while producing NBA players constantly, some who aren't even Spanish like Porzingis, Luka & Sabonis

Leo_Messi

[MENTION=20321]wisconsincule[/MENTION]

What is your take on Giannis tonight against the Celtics at home? Another game for him to get OVER 28.5 points (1.86)? Or is Boston a too strong opponent defensively to take the risk? Just speculating. Not made my mind up yet and in any case I am only thinking about a very small bet. Some €100.

Like James Harden to get OVER 6.5 assists (1.66) against the Lakers later tonight.

wisconsincule

I don’t like it. First game back after the break. A friend ran into him in the Bahamas on Tuesday so hopefully he’s nursing a hangover. I hope it happens but not confident at all. I do like the Bucks -5.5 though!!

Leo_Messi

I don’t like it. First game back after the break. A friend ran into him in the Bahamas on Tuesday so hopefully he’s nursing a hangover. I hope it happens but not confident at all. I do like the Bucks -5.5 though!!

:lol:

Nice stuff. Bahamas is the place to be.

You never know with him though. He can literally score 10 points in the span of a few minutes if he gets it going. Many of his runs are just unstoppable when he first gets going. It's either 2 points and a foul or a foul and 2 free-throws. However the Celtics are a hard nut to crack and Al Horford and the Celtics recently stopped Embiid who is no joke either. Don't like them but you have to give them credit.

Thanks for your take.

What is your take on James Harden to get OVER 6.5 assists (1.66) against the Lakers later tonight? Capela will be back. I think that it is likely to occur. With Paul back as well, Harden is less likely to take as many shots as when both Capela and Paul were out. At least I would like to believe that.

Last edited:

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
Very impressive win by the Lakers. Didn't expect them to win this game against the Rockets who got Capela back. Warriors beating Sacramento was a bonus too.

Ingram was on a mission from the start, seemed focused on this game. With the right coach maybe?, this Kid could become a Beast.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

Missed the games tonight but ended up going for Giannis OVER 29.5 points. With Paul back I was unsure whether or not Harden would get those 7 assists. He ended with 6 so close but would have cursed myself had I taken that bet over the Giannis one. Yet to lose any money on Giannis so far this season. Him getting the required points or rebounds is a banker almost every single time. As good as that epic Harden run a while ago that is still running if I am not wrong (at least 30 points each game).

Impressive Lakers win indeed and extremely important but it matters little if we keep losing against the likes of Hawks etc. Making the playoffs will be difficult but with Lebron back it will be possible. Walton should do everything not to lose the dressing room seeing that it is likely that he won't continue for the next season regardless of what happens.

wisconsincule

Missed the games tonight but ended up going for Giannis OVER 29.5 points. With Paul back I was unsure whether or not Harden would get those 7 assists. He ended with 6 so close but would have cursed myself had I taken that bet over the Giannis one. Yet to lose any money on Giannis so far this season. Him getting the required points or rebounds is a banker almost every single time. As good as that epic Harden run a while ago that is still running if I am not wrong (at least 30 points each game).

Impressive Lakers win indeed and extremely important but it matters little if we keep losing against the likes of Hawks etc. Making the playoffs will be difficult but with Lebron back it will be possible. Walton should do everything not to lose the dressing room seeing that it is likely that he won't continue for the next season regardless of what happens.

I was going to say I hope you didn’t listen to me. Giannis is a fucking machine!!

George_Costanza

Nike stock market value plunges by $1.1bn after Duke basketball star Zion Williamson’s shoe breaks :lol:

[youtube]QWtObstsKdE[/youtube]
[tw]1098404870078517249[/tw]
[tw]1098452814202843139[/tw]

Leo_Messi

Lakers meltdown as expected and feared by me weeks/months ago. Not the least surprised. However not winning against this Suns team that has nothing to fight for was truly pathetic and a new low.

At least Ingram is starting to look like a real gem at last and has added some consistency to his game. Not many months ago Kuzma was considered as the bigger talent by many within our fanbase. Not the case any longer or at least it no longer should be the case. In hindsight a good thing that the AD trade failed. AD is great but not that great for us to trade almost the entire team and all our talents for him.

Last edited:

Richard.H

Lebron might as well sit out the rest of the season. Let these young guys develop so the team can be stronger next season (that is if all of them aren't traded away).

Leo_Messi

Lebron might as well sit out the rest of the season. Let these young guys develop so the team can be stronger next season (that is if all of them aren't traded away).

Talk about a huge mess. Not even making the playoffs most likely and losing against the teams that we have lost to recently is just shocking stuff. No two ways about it. Loses against the Hawks, later to win against the Rockets at home, to loss against the Pelicans and Grizzlies, later to win against the same Pelicans and now 2 defeats in a row against the Bucks and the freaking Suns.:facepalm:

Lebron, as good as he is, is no killer like Kobe was. I don't see it in him. Age is catching up with him as well IMO. Time to look at the team and project in a long-term perspective and post-Lebron already. We really need at least 2 superstar signings this summer and to the keep the likes of Ingram at least. I was highly critical of Ingram earlier in the season but the past 2 months he has been a different beast altogether and it is hard to look past him. Kuzma on the other hand is disappointing and talent wise Ingram was always the bigger talent. Things might have returned to "normality" now.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans