Basketball/NBA

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
wolves.jpg

El Gato

Villarato!
They'll do a Utah Jazz in the playoffs anyway. And ironically enough they may just lose to Utah tonight.

I would also like to express my disappointment with the Mavs. As good a coach as Rick may be, he can't keep on trying to make even a low seed team out of defensive trash like Kaman. This team needs an actual grit, some power and fight. Mayo can't do it all alone and though Dirk is coming back he may not be enough in his dying days and the reason behind his knee swellings is not getting any clearer meaning his time is limited, not to speak about his defense. Collison looks like a bit of a knucklehead too, probably just doesn't like losing.

Cuban probably doesn't like that fact, but he may have to look into draft before it's too late and he has to make rash plans.

Poor Dirk.

Last edited:
They'll do a Utah Jazz in the playoffs anyway. And ironically enough they may just lose to Utah tonight.
Somehow they escaped out of Utah alive and with their string of wins up to 16. Controversial non-call on Randy Foye.

I would also like to express my disappointment with the Mavs. As good a coach as Rick may be, he can't keep on trying to make even a low seed team out of defensive trash like Kaman. This team needs an actual grit, some power and fight. Mayo can't do it all alone and though Dirk is coming back he may not be enough in his dying days and the reason behind his knee swellings is not getting any clearer meaning his time is limited, not to speak about his defense. Collison looks like a bit of a knucklehead too, probably just doesn't like losing.

Cuban probably doesn't like that fact, but he may have to look into draft before it's too late and he has to make rash plans.

Poor Dirk.
I love Cubes but he fucking blew it when he tried to assemble the Triple D Dynasty and miserably failed.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Gallo torched the Mavs :worthy:

The Knicks had basically the opposite of the Phoenix game. Played like trash against the terrible Kings in the first half, made a great comeback and should have won the game except for poor execution down the line and an even flukier buzzer beater than JR's the other night. The team is hurt though so this was coming.

Brooklyn made the right choice firing Avery Johnson but I doubt any good coach wants that job.

The Lakers are just a completely different team with Nash around. He's the only one capable of making sense of that offense.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Mavs frontcourt: Kaman, Wright, Brand, one-kneed-Dirk, out of position Marion. Screams stellar defense.

I don't even blame Mayo-Collison for becoming another version of Ellis-Jennings. When you don't perform on defense, you rush on offense. That team is heading nowhere and needs a defensive anchor inside to be even borderline successful.

And as much as I love Gallo, adding insult to injury? Come on.

Last edited:
G

Giannino

What do you guys think that the Lakers are going to do with Howard? Offer him a 5 year/100M contract or trade him?

Pepe Silvia

Lakers made a major mistake with D'Antoni. First that CP3 Stern thing then the Phil thing. Stat padding for Kobe is all I can see for Laker Nation this year. Maybe 8th seed... maybe.

barcanuck

Lakers need a shakeup badly. Give Howard some more time he came off back surgery.

But World Peace and Gasol need to be shipped out.

Home of Barca Fans