Basketball/NBA

khaled_a_d

I agree with most of those names that you have mentioned with the exception of Paul George. If you include guys like him I am rather baffled by your exclusion of Harden who averages 31.8 points per game (highest in the league), 8.4 assists and 5.7 rebounds per game. He basically carries Houston offensively alongside Paul who has been out for a few games and who pulled his hamstring once again in the latest game against Miami. Not only that Harden may be one of the very best offensive players ever. It's amazing what he can do offensively and he is only getting better.

:lol:

As one above me said, he isn't in MVP race when he doesn't win games, he need to get his team to playoffs to be even considered. PG is playing really well lately

Not sure about the bullying part. Davis has been respectful so far and the league concluded that there was no tapping up. Davis would have to agree to a significantly smaller deal than what the Pelicans can offer should he decide to move to LA which he hopefully will as he will never win anything with the Pelicans. 30 points, 20 rebounds and 5 assists while clearly not being 100% fit (flu) yet the Pelicans were never close to winning. For the Pelicans to win regularly, Davis has to play at 90-100%. It must be annoying and frustrating. Anyway it is good for the league that the talent is spread across so many franchises and the league might never have been as leveled as it is currently. It's great fun.

The league has punished LA twice before for tampering!! and this time Lebron is doing the job for them, nevermind the media that is pushing this narrative 24/7.
And it is funny because LA doesn't have much leverage in such trade, all what Pelicans need is to resist trade till next summer and they will have Boston offering way better than anything LA can offer. (especially with some says Lakers will keep Kuzma from trades) If AD says he would only goes to LA they can tell him to play that year and join 36 years old james in 2020 and Lakers will have to enjoy one year contracts for another season.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

As one above me said, he isn't in MVP race when he doesn't win games, he need to get his team to playoffs to be even considered. PG is playing really well lately

The league has punished LA twice before for tampering!! and this time Lebron is doing the job for them, nevermind the media that is pushing this narrative 24/7.
And it is funny because LA doesn't have much leverage in such trade, all what Pelicans need is to resist trade till next summer and they will have Boston offering way better than anything LA can offer. (especially with some says Lakers will keep Kuzma from trades) If AD says he would only goes to LA they can tell him to play that year and join 36 years old james in 2020 and Lakers will have to enjoy one year contracts for another season.

I know that this is usually the criteria but I disagree with it which is why I mentioned him. Ever since I wrote that post Harden has not proven me wrong. His offensive stats are as impressive as usual. PG is great lately indeed.

Yes. It's all up to Davis if he wants to join the Lakers. I believe that the Lakers are looking past the Lebron era. This is why I would be reluctant to trade the likes of Kuzma and Ingram. Lonzo is much more likely. What is most important is that there is progress at last, that the rooster is quite talented and that a winning culture is slowly being developed. Lebron will help immensely in that regard. Lakers will not win a title without another mega star signing but just being back and competing (playoffs) is a big deal considering the past 5 years which have not been pretty to put it mildly.

BTW Doncic keeps impressing. He must have the Rookie of the Year award locked unless he gasses out or gets injured. Dallas did well picking him.

Leo_Messi

What an amazing win by the Lakers at the Oracle Arena. Winning by 26 points without an injured Lebron (groin) who had to leave the field early on in the third quarter. At that point the Lakers had a 14 point lead. Barely 4:30 minutes later the lead had been cut down to just 3 points and I was convinced that the Warriors would close the game in the fourth quarter with Lebron missing and Ingram having 4 personal fouls and guarding Durant. Instead the veteran Rondo entered and completely changed the game with his well-known amazing court vision and countless of assists. The lead exploded in the fourth quarter for Kerr to throw the towel in with 3:30 minutes left. Superb game by the youngsters. In particular Zubac (another double-double) who has been amazing in the past 3 games. McGee better watch out.

The squad is immensely talented and very young. As I wrote, Magic has done a good job of restructuring this team despite much unfounded criticism. Hopefully Lebron will not miss too many games but what I saw of the team without Lebron was very, very promising against the defending champions away from home.

7 players in double figures as well.

:worthy:

Last edited:

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
Impressive win by the young Lakers. Zubac was Amazing!

Warriors are playing like they don't really care about the regular season. They better get their focus back soon or it might be too late turn it up late. They're probably expecting to turn it up when Boogie comes back but that might not be as smooth as they're thinking.

It's crazy how much the warriors are missing McGee.

Last edited:

El Flaco

LeBron James consider himself as the GOAT because of winning against the 73-9 Warriors

[tw]1079526745730998272[/tw]

Hardy

Sounds rather narcissistic.

and pretty easily to expose since the fact that he's the one who played the worst nba finals for a superstar in his prime with a stacked team against past his prime Nowitzki who didn't have a player like that Irving as "robin".

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
and pretty easily to expose since the fact that he's the one who played the worst nba finals for a superstar in his prime with a stacked team against past his prime Nowitzki who didn't have a player like that Irving as "robin".

An All-NBA second team player. Not quite like past his prime.

As for LeBron he certainly has a case of Best player of all-time talking about talent and his level. But I suppose to be the greatest of all-time you need to be more accomplished.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

Harden doing his thing as usual. What a beast. I have never seen a more dominating scorer in my life. I did not watch Michael Jordan (too young) but I began to watch the NBA fairly regularly when Kobe's generation emerged. I am yet to see a more dominating scorer than Harden. Durant and Kobe are up there (maybe Curry as well) but not many more.

An All-NBA second team player. Not quite like past his prime.

As for LeBron he certainly has a case of Best player of all-time talking about talent and his level. But I suppose to be the greatest of all-time you need to be more accomplished.

I think that talent and accomplishments, even though they often go hand in hand, should be separated more at times. Accomplishment wise Bill Russell is the GOAT. Statistically and in terms of sheer dominance it is Chamberlain. In terms of killer instinct, goalscoring ability, leadership and accomplishments (rings) in the modern era it is MJ. In terms of being the most complete player (mastering most traits at an insanely high level) it is Lebron James, hands down. That's how I see it at least and I assume most would agree.

Last edited:

raki

Harden is a bit of a myth. His usage rate is immense. He has liberto to shoot 50 times. Just like Westbrook before this season.
When the Play Offs come they are wasted and go out easily.
Harden also flops a lot. I dont like that. He spends the game in the free throw line... Imagine Jordan in this era. lol

raki

LeBron James consider himself as the GOAT because of winning against the 73-9 Warriors

[tw]1079526745730998272[/tw]

Quite pathetic. The real GOAT do not need to talk about it. Jordan never did. Kareem never did. Bill Russel never did. Lebron is not near Jordan.

Lebron talking like this seems like bustiano...Cringe moment.

Leo_Messi

Harden is a bit of a myth. His usage rate is immense. He has liberto to shoot 50 times. Just like Westbrook before this season.
When the Play Offs come they are wasted and go out easily.
Harden also flops a lot. I dont like that. He spends the game in the free throw line... Imagine Jordan in this era. lol

Have in mind that Houston's offense, in particular with Chris Paul out, is basically Harden and hardly anyone else. Kobe had an immense amount of field goal attempts per game as well (as have pretty much all of the greatest offensive players) but that would take nothing away from his offensive play. Same story with Harden although he has not accomplished (in terms of actually winning rings) anything yet although I suspect that Houston would have won it last year against Cleveland if not for Paul's injury.

Harden is the real deal and he is only getting better. If he did a "Durant" he would already have 2 rings as well.

Last edited:

raki

Have in mind that Houston's offense, in particular with Chris Paul out, is basically Harden and hardly anyone else. Kobe had an immense amount of field goal attempts per game as well (as have pretty much all of the greatest offensive players) but that would take nothing away from his offensive play. Same story with Harden although he has not accomplished (in terms of actually winning rings) anything yet although I suspect that Houston would have won it last year against Cleveland if not for Paul's injury.

But Kobe didnt flopped. Harden get fouls for breathing on him.

Home of Barca Fans