NFL

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Fields will be a bust. They should've taken Mac Jones.

Mac Jones is not going to succeed in the NFL without a stud O-line. Fields can make plays off script which can buy him and Chicago some time while they rebuild their team.

That said, typically only two, max three QBs from any class become good NFL starters long-term.

Trey Lance I think will do well simply because the 49ers are a great team and have a good staff. Trevor Lawrence has been hyped since he was a kid and has never let the pressure get to him.

The odds are against both Jones and Fields IMO, especially since both might have to play next season. Most QBs need to sit for a year or two.

Trevor Lawrence might be the only QB in this class that is good enough to start day one.

Messi983

Fields was the biggest boom or bust potential before the draft in my eyes and I could see him only succeding if he'd get drafted by the right team. I just don't believe Chicago is that team. Don't know what plans they have for him but if he'll be a day 1 starter (which the fans will expect and demand) then I see him failing. Don't know if Matt Nagy and their GM (who are both under pressure for immediate results which led for them trading up to get Fields) will have patience to stick with Dalton and let Fields develop behind him which would be the best for him longterm.

Mac is not as good athlete (though I think he's underrated in that aspect) but his mentality will bring him success imo. Also playing for the best coach in the league who will put him in the best position to win. It's also a good thing Pats fans had to go through last season with Cam Newton (who could also be a starter at the start of next season) so they won't see Mac as a direct replacement for Brady. Don't think anyone is expecting him to turn into the next TB but I see him having a good and long NFL career.

I agree Lance was put into the best possible situation but with Jimmy G injury problems I think he could be thrown into the fire sooner than he'll be ready. He has very limited college experience on a lower (FCS) level. Carson Wentz played for the same program (North Dakota State) and while he had some early success in the NFL I think he's still a very underdeveloped QB (injuries played a part in that as well though). And he had two years of starting experience in college, not only one. Also, as a fan of the divisional rivals I obviously hope Lance won't succeed in San Francisco.

I'm 50/50 on Zach Wilson. I could see him not making it simply because the Jets just don't have "luck" with their QBs (similar to the Bears) and the pressure of NY media is insane. OTOH I think Robert Saleh will be a good HC and his OC Mike LaFleur will install Shanahan's offense. They've also had a good draft (Vera-Tucker should build a great left side of OL with Mekhi Becton; Elijah Moore is a typical Shanahan's type of WR and Michael Carter also fits into his offense) and continued to build offense around Wilson so this should play in his favor to do better than his predecessor Sam Darnold who was put into position to fail (Adam Gase as a HC and 37 years old Frank Gore as his best offensive support last year).

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I actually forgot about Zach Wilson.

To be honest the Zach Wilson hype rubbed me the wrong way because everyone in the media are shitting on Jordan Love(same ones who hyped him up as fuck last year) even though they're very similar prospects. Big arm and can do well outside the pocket with Wilson being a bit more dynamic. Difference being that Love's sophomore season was great and his last season was meh while for Wilson it was the other way around.

Last edited:

Farripas

I don't follow college football, so i appreciate the insight guys.

Of course Fields is going to be a bust. We're talking about the Bears and a QB :lol:

Messi983

That's a great result for a guy his size...

He may have failed in his bid to qualify for the Olympics but American football star DK Metcalf impressed at the Golden Games on Sunday, running 10.37 seconds in the 100m.

In the blocks DK Metcalf looked like a man among middle-schoolers. At the start, he showed he belonged. Over 40 meters, he was with the other 8 sprinters in the Golden Games 100. Over the last 20m, his 230lbs wasn't exactly an asset.

Messi983

Josh Allen has signed a 6-year contract extension through 2028 with the @BuffaloBills.

Full details:
6 years, $258M in new money with $150 in total guarantees and $100M fully guaranteed upon signing (both the highest ever).

Messi983

Bad start of the season for Seattle. 2-3 record and Russell Wilson got injured in TNF and will be out 4-6 weeks with a finger injury. First games he'll miss in his NFL career after 160+ starts (regular season+playoffs). It's Geno Smith time! Tbh he did quite well coming in for Wilson before he throw an interception that sealed the win for the Rams with two minutes left.

Arizona is the only unbeaten team after week 5, while OTOH we have two winless teams - Jacksonville and Detroit. Lions were close to their first win but lost with a last second FG against Minnesota yesterday.

Talking about FGs, what a crazy game betwen GB and CIN. Mason Crosby and Evan McPherson have missed a combined 5 FGs in the last two minutes of regular game and in OT before Crosby has finally clinched a win for the Packers.

? Crosby missed wide left from 36 yards with 2:12 left in regulation, wide left from 51 on the final play of regulation and wide left from 40 after Packers linebacker De'Vondre Campbell picked off Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow on the first play of overtime.

? In between Crosby's first two misses, Bengals rookie kicker Evan McPherson hit the right upright and missed from 57 with 21 seconds left in regulation.

Also, Chiefs not looking good so far. 2-3 start and at the bottom of AFC West but tbh they've lost against some very good teams (BAL, LAC, BUF). I still expect them to bounce back.

Messi983

LAS VEGAS -- Jon Gruden has resigned as head coach of the Las Vegas Raiders following reports that emails he wrote over a 10-year period included racist, misogynistic and anti-gay language.

"I love the Raiders and do not want to be a distraction," Gruden said in a statement Monday night. "Thank you to all the players, coaches, staff, and fans of Raider Nation. I'm sorry, I never meant to hurt anyone."

The resignation came shortly after The New York Times reported that Gruden used misogynistic and anti-gay language in numerous emails during a seven-year period. That report came days after 10-year-old emails from Gruden surfaced that included a racist comment about NFL Players Association executive director DeMaurice Smith as well as a vulgar criticism of NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.

Rassvet

LAS VEGAS -- Jon Gruden has resigned as head coach of the Las Vegas Raiders following reports that emails he wrote over a 10-year period included racist, misogynistic and anti-gay language.

"I love the Raiders and do not want to be a distraction," Gruden said in a statement Monday night. "Thank you to all the players, coaches, staff, and fans of Raider Nation. I'm sorry, I never meant to hurt anyone."

The resignation came shortly after The New York Times reported that Gruden used misogynistic and anti-gay language in numerous emails during a seven-year period. That report came days after 10-year-old emails from Gruden surfaced that included a racist comment about NFL Players Association executive director DeMaurice Smith as well as a vulgar criticism of NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.

Stunning. Even Don Lemon was covering it last night.

Rassvet

Laporta needs to get someone to read through all Koeman's emails. I'm sure he has made some inappropriate comments that can be used to force him out without a payoff. There's no way he hasn't used an "anti-gay" slur about Puig even once.

KingLeo10

Laporta needs to get someone to read through all Koeman's emails. I'm sure he has made some inappropriate comments that can be used to force him out without a payoff. There's no way he hasn't used an "anti-gay" slur about Puig even once.

We only use Burofax dawg.

Ask Bartomeu and Setien.

KingLeo10

Mahomes is getting humbled this season.

IMO, he's not as good as prime Rodgers who basically played at the level Mahomes played without Tyreek and Kelce and Andy Reid.

Home of Barca Fans