NFL

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Looks like Rodgers has given up on SB and is happy to cash out the remainder of his career.

Disgusting.

I doubt it. He could have gotten the same amount of money in Denver and pay less taxes in Colorado than Wisconsin I believe lol.

If they get Julio Jones and two of the top WRs in the draft they're still top contenders. Maybe they even trade for a receiver now instead of going for a past his prime JJ.

Messi983

I doubt it. He could have gotten the same amount of money in Denver and pay less taxes in Colorado than Wisconsin I believe lol.

If they get Julio Jones and two of the top WRs in the draft they're still top contenders. Maybe they even trade for a receiver now instead of going for a past his prime JJ.

Robert Woods is supposedly on the trade block after the Rams signed Allen Robinson yesterday. Could be a great fit with Rodgers. Rookie WR class looks good but he needs at least one proven receiver. Julio just looks done to me. Now go watch him sign for Green Bay, stay healthy and have an MVP season. :lol:

In another news, Deshaun Watson is apparently down to two NFC South teams. After "eliminating" Cleveland (the Browns have upset Baker Mayfield publicly negotiating with Watson and he has now apparently demanded a trade :lol:) and Carolina he is now deciding between New Orleans and Atlanta. Clearly the Saints make more sense as they have a better team but who knows. Reportedly Watson won't decide before start of next week.

DonAK

Robert Woods is supposedly on the trade block after the Rams signed Allen Robinson yesterday. Could be a great fit with Rodgers. Rookie WR class looks good but he needs at least one proven receiver. Julio just looks done to me. Now go watch him sign for Green Bay, stay healthy and have an MVP season. :lol:

In another news, Deshaun Watson is apparently down to two NFC South teams. After "eliminating" Cleveland (the Browns have upset Baker Mayfield publicly negotiating with Watson and he has now apparently demanded a trade :lol:) and Carolina he is now deciding between New Orleans and Atlanta. Clearly the Saints make more sense as they have a better team but who knows. Reportedly Watson won't decide before start of next week.

Doubt Rams want to trade to a competitor in the same conference, and even then I'm not sure Green Bay will be willing to pay a high price for another WR who is near 30.

Need some long-term stability at the position. IMO, sign either Julio or Will Fuller on a one year deal. One of them looks washed and the other cannot stay healthy, but for a one year deal it's worth the gamble I think.

Then they HAVE TO draft two WRs with our first four picks. Not one, but two.

Multiple rookie WRs have come into the league and done a fantastic job from day one. Give me Chris Olave and either Drake London, Christian Watson or Treylon Burks.

Messi983

Wow, didn't see that coming. Watson to the Browns.

Browns get: Deshaun Watson and a 5th-round pick.

Texans get: three first-round picks, a third-round pick and a fourth-round pick.

Crazy money...

Deshaun Watson gets a fully guaranteed 5 year $230M contract. That is $80M more than the previous record for fully guaranteed money at signing ($150M). This deal was negotiated by David Mulugheta of Athletes First.

Most guaranteed money on a single contract in NFL history:
Deshaun Watson $230 million
Aaron Rodgers: $150.7 million
Josh Allen: $150 million
Patrick Mahomes: $141.5 million
Dak Prescott: $126 million
@ESPNStatsInfo

Messi983

More QB moves:

Matt Ryan traded to Indianapolis. Atlanta have signed Mariota to replace him and Winston is returning to New Orleans after both teams have missed out on Watson.

Meanwhile Mayfield is still unhappy in Cleveland waiting to be traded with no clear destination. Hopefully my Hawks won't do anything stupid and trade for him. Better wait until he's cut and then sign him on a veteran minimum if they like him enough. Would prefer to go through next season with Lock though. He's probably not a longterm answer but neither is Baker imo. At least Lock is still on a cheap rookie contract. Also draft a QB although preferably not in first two rounds as I don't really like any of the QBs in this class. Would like to address defense and OT with first three picks.

Messi983

Yeah, really interesting offseason. And I wouldn't be surprised if there would be some more trades involving "big name" players in next month leading to the draft.

Messi983

Bruce Arians has just retired and he'll move to the Buccaneers front office. DC Todd Bowles will take over as a HC.

He has denied that but I think it's probably health related. He is 69 and this is a very stressful job. Still a bit strange timing less than a month before the draft.

Would be quite funny if Brady would go back to retirement now. Don't expect it to happen though.

DonAK

NFL Draft in a couple of days.

Maybe your Seahawks should give us your two second rounders in exchange for our #28 pick ;) [MENTION=20930]Messi983[/MENTION]

As Green Bay and Seattle seemingly love trading picks last couple of years.

Messi983

NFL Draft in a couple of days.

Maybe your Seahawks should give us your two second rounders in exchange for our #28 pick ;) [MENTION=20930]Messi983[/MENTION]

As Green Bay and Seattle seemingly love trading picks last couple of years.

Yeah, there were rumours we might trade back into the 1st round but personally I hope we won't. There isn't much difference in quality of players between picks #28 and #40 in this draft imo. There is a lot of value in 2nd and 3rd round though and we should use that.

If anything I think we should trade down from #9 and get another 2nd and/or 3rd, especially if all top pass rushers are gone. There were reports we like Trevor Penning and we have a glaring need at LT but not sure if he's the one we should take. And of course we shouldn't reach for a QB. I'm ok taking one in middle/late rounds but should address other needs with three picks in 1st and 2nd rounds imo.

Messi983

Very happy with the draft, probably the best one we've had in a decade. Just stayed where we were with no trades down in early rounds (there as a little trade in the 5th round) and adressed all the needs. We took two OTs (Charles Cross and Abraham Lucas) who should both be starters, improved pass rush with Boye Mafe and Tyreke Smith, added probably the best RB in the class (Kenneth Walker) which was also needed with Chris Carson and Rashaad Penny's health concerns, and two good CBs in 4th/5th rounds (Sauce Gardner who went to the Jets #4 overall was obviously the most hyped one but Coby Bryant was also very good for Cincinnati last season; Tariq Woolen is more of a project but with great size and explosivness, let's see if we can develop him into the next Richard Sherman) and ended the draft with two WRs in 7th round. Bo Melton is a great ST player so should probably make the team and Dareke Young is a developmental receiver with great size and ahtleticism (which is what you're normally looking for in the last round).

And the most important for me is we didn't reach for any QB in this class which was bad as expected. I've actually felt bad for some guys who were overyhped by media (there was talk a month or so ago Malik Willis could go No.2 overall to the Lions) and then had to wait so long for their name to be called.

Kenny Pickett was selected by the Steelers at #20. He's probably the most pro ready and could be an ok game manager in a team with great defense and running game but none of the rebuilding team took a gamble with likes of Willis, Desmond Ridder and Matt Corrall before 3rd round. Willis was actually drafted by the Titans so probably won't play behind Tannehill but Ridder and Corall could eventually get a chance in Atlanta (Mariota is not a longterm solution) and Carolina (they have Cam Newton and Sam Darnold but neither seems to be an answer) respectively.

Tbh don't think anyone of them would be an improvement over what we already have in Drew Lock/Geno Smith so wouldn't be worth spending a draft pick on them. If we want more competition can also sign Foles who was just released by Chicago or maybe even Baker Mayfield if he'll be cut. But it's very unlikely we would be competitive in current NFC West next season regardless of who our QB will be so it was the right move to address other needs before we can find a QB in a much better class next year.

Messi983

fsvrg2ffg6rfcx5z2j8f.jpg

Home of Barca Fans