NFL

Messi983

#Seahawks star RB Chris Carson is retiring from the NFL due to a neck injury, sources say.

SEA will officially release him with a failed physical designation. Under the CBA, that allows Carson to receive several million in injury protection benefits. Seattle does right by him.

I was kind of expecting this but still a sad day. :(

Messi983

Who would have thought we'd lead NFC West after Week 7, I've certainly not. :lol: I've had no expectations before the season but really like how we're doing so far. Offense playing above expectations and defense also much better in last two games. Geno Smith on (almost) MVP level (only usual suspects like Mahomes and Allen have a bit better QB rating than him so far) and rookies looking very good as well. Might end up having both offensive (Kenneth Walker - love this kid, hope he can stay healthy) and defensive (Tariq Woolen) rookies of the year and both offensive tackles are also developing good while ofc still have some growing pains occasionally. Clearly not missing RW3 whose Broncos are struggling mightily offensively and are only 2-5 despite having one of the best defenses in the league. Hope it continues like this as we have their 1st round pick next year.

Season is ofc still very long but right now whole league is a mess, especially NFC where Tampa (Carolina who have fired their HC during the week just beat them 21-3 yesterday) and Green Bay (three consecutive losses and now they're playing against the Bills next) are both 3-4 and OTOH we have NFC East teams on the top. Philadelphia the only unbeaten team while the Giants are 6-1 (we're playing them this week).

Ffy7Z2BXkAAZ8Su

Very good start also for the other NY team as the Jets currently stand at 5-2 after four consecutive wins. Other than them and already mentioned struggling Broncos at least the rest of AFC looks more "normal" so far.

Messi983

Crazy NFL season continues. Vikings with the largest comeback in NFL history being down 33-0 at HT only to win 39-36 in OT against the Colts. Another choke job for Matty (not Ice anymore) Ryan after that SB LI.

This end of the game between Patriots and Raiders was also unbelievable. Have no idea what New England were doing playing laterals at tied game tbh. :lol:

Messi983

[MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION] [MENTION=17059]Blaugrana Bull[/MENTION]

Anyone watching college football? Two epic games in playoff semifinals. Hope TCU will beat Georgia next week.

My Huskies are back as well after two bad seasons. Under a new HC De Boer we've had a great season going 10-2 and winning Alamo Bowl against Texas. We are a borderline top 10 team. QB Penix and most starters are coming back so should push for Pac12 title next year. USC still the favorites with Heisman trophy winner Caleb Williams returning though. Oregon, Utah and UCLA have good teams as well. Will be also interesting to see how Prime Time Deion Sanders will do at Colorado.

BTW, 2023 will be the final season for USC and UCLA in Pac12 as they'll move to Big 12 in August 2024. Pretty big loss for the conference but OTOH we should have easier path to college football playoffs which will be expanded to 12 teams also starting in 2024.

NFL is also entering final week of regular season. After beating the Jets yesterday Seattle is 8-8 and we still have a chance for the playoffs and need to beat the Rams while OTOH Detroit must win in Green Bay. Regardless of how the season ends we did much better than expected although after having that good run of 4 consecutive wins in October we've fallen apart after trip to Munich and then bye week. Probably even more important for our longterm future though is we'll likely have a top 5 (looks like #3 pick at this time) thanks to the Russell Wilson trade and Denver having a terrible season.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I watched the Ohio State v Georgia game.

Stroud probably secured himself a top three pick or top five at least with that performance and was let down by his defense. Was a great game.

As for your Seahawks then we're winning vs. Detroit at home so get ready to pack your bags :coffee:

Messi983

As for your Seahawks then we're winning vs. Detroit at home so get ready to pack your bags :coffee:

Well yeah, most likely. Didn't expect the playoffs anyway and even before the last game against the Jets I wouldn't be too upset had we lost it to get a better draft position (we could've potentially had two top 10 picks if we'd lose last two games and some other results would also go our way). As said my expectations for this season were already far exceeded.

And this team is far from ready for the playoffs and would be one and done if we get there. Yeah, we looked ok against anemic Jets offense but fully expect Baker Mayfield and the Rams will put around 500 yards and 30 points against us. Especially now that we've also lost our only half capable LB Jordyn Brooks to torn ACL injury.

That said, scheduling doesn't help our chances much either. Green Bay vs Detroit flexed to SNF so if we somehow win against the Rams then the Lions would already be mathematically relegated and won't have anything to play for. Really think those two games should be played at the same time.

Last edited:

Messi983

Anyway, football is not really important right now after what happened to Damar Hamlin in MNF. Really hope he'll be ok.

Buffalo Bills defensive back Damar Hamlin is in critical condition after suffering a cardiac arrest during Monday night's game against the Cincinnati Bengals, the team announced.

Hamlin's heartbeat was restored on the field, and he's currently sedated while undergoing additional testing at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center.

First time I've seen an NFL game postponed due to an injury/players health concerns, thankfully didn't watch the game live and just seeing reactions of his team mates was enough for me.

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/2503207

It's a rare event as explained by this doctor.

Just scary that a few miliseconds can decide about your life.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commotio_cordis

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Well yeah, most likely. Didn't expect the playoffs anyway and even before the last game against the Jets I wouldn't be too upset had we lost it to get a better draft position (we could've potentially had two top 10 picks if we'd lose last two games and some other results would also go our way). As said my expectations for this season were already far exceeded.

And this team is far from ready for the playoffs and would be one and done if we get there. Yeah, we looked ok against anemic Jets offense but fully expect Baker Mayfield and the Rams will put around 500 yards and 30 points against us. Especially now that we've also lost our only half capable LB Jordyn Brooks to torn ACL injury.

That said, scheduling doesn't help our chances much either. Green Bay vs Detroit flexed to SNF so if we somehow win against the Rams then the Lions would already be mathematically relegated and won't have anything to play for. Really think those two games should be played at the same time.

Detroit under Dan Campbell play hard asf and I can guarantee you that even if they are eliminated pre-game, they will do their utmost best and perhaps even play harder just to stop us from going through :lol:

When you have nothing to lose, but can still ruin the hopes of your rivals you tend to play freely.

Messi983

Messi983

Detroit under Dan Campbell play hard asf and I can guarantee you that even if they are eliminated pre-game, they will do their utmost best and perhaps even play harder just to stop us from going through :lol:

When you have nothing to lose, but can still ruin the hopes of your rivals you tend to play freely.

Siuuuuuuuuuuu. ;)

Home of Barca Fans