Valencia

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Lots of Di Matteo rumors but none reliable. The most reliable Valencia source, SuperDeporte, says they are negotiating with Valverde, but they only want to give him a contract until the end of the season and he wants a longer one.

There's also Luis Enrique rumors, something I really don't want to see.

You shouldn't discount the possibility of Benitez getting sacked within a week

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Interesting time for Valencia.

They thought they'd be doing a whole lot better by sacking Emery, but got Pellegrino instead.

Not sure what to make of the team this year, they've been on a roller coaster. Have to say, though, that I'm a bit surprised Los Che are grinding results in Europe.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Hope he lasts longer than his last spell with Villarreal.
Btw. he was in charge of Espanyol when they snatched the title from us in that last round of the season?

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Yeah, Valverde did a great job at Espanyol but was a complete flop at Villarreal. Valencia fits his style better, but I'm still skeptical.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Still the best official twitter account in football. Even if I do have a soft spot for the official Villarreal twitter for following me.

@valenciacf

El León VALDEZ luchó como en él es habitual aunque no tuvo suerte cara al gol. ¡BRAVO, GUARANÍ! #VCFosasuna

@valenciacf

Un ‘TINAZO’, primer gol del año 2013 en Mestalla ¿Verdad @tinocostalf? http://www.valenciacf.com/contenidos/Actualidad/Noticias/2013/01/Noticia_91423.html?__locale=es … pic.twitter.com/RJZC341f

‏@valenciacf

¡GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!¡GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!¡GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! @R9Soldado! @R9Soldado! @R9Soldado! #VCFosasuna 2-1

If only the team played with that sort of enthusiasm.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
The guy in charge of that account is obviously vouching for the role of Mestalla announcer!

Like on Tino Costa's birthday a couple of day ago. "GOLAZO! Y CUMPLEAÑOS!" :lol:

Last edited:

DavidVillano1

What's people's views on Paco Alcacer?

Seen him regularly for Spain under's and he always impressed me, reminded me of David Villa at times. Was the rumours of Barcelona wanting to sign him for the B squad true?

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
What's people's views on Paco Alcacer?

Seen him regularly for Spain under's and he always impressed me, reminded me of David Villa at times. Was the rumours of Barcelona wanting to sign him for the B squad true?

He was phenomenal for Spain u17 but hasn't really hit the same heights since. He's currently on loan at Getafe where he's scored a goal in the league.

DavidVillano1

He was phenomenal for Spain u17 but hasn't really hit the same heights since. He's currently on loan at Getafe where he's scored a goal in the league.
He was outsanding in that tournament and saved Spain's under 19s in the final against Czech a year later. Still have no idea how Spain never won that under 17s tournament.

Yeh seen him a couple of times for Getafe, don't think he's started many games. A couple of goals in near the same amount of starts is okay. Still not 20 until the end of August, plenty time to improve but is at an age he needs regular first team football. Hopefully get's more starts this year.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
When they extend Valverde's contract and he loses two games in a row next year. Valverde vete ya!

veryfatchocobo

Typical La Liga reffing lol. How is Spain so blind to injustices like these. Not saying that Madrid would've lost, but the reffing crew definitely influenced the game.

Home of Barca Fans