Sevilla

Messi983

I doubt. They'll almost surely sell Kounde, En-Nesyri and/or Ocampos in summer.

There were even rumours YEN might be sold to West Ham already this transfer window but now it looks like it won't happen. I really hope it won't tbh, he's their most in-form player right now and it would be very hard to replace him.

They've also sold Carlos Fernandez to Sociedad for 10m. Pretty good player who Lopetegui never really gave a chance. I think he'll do well for Sociedad.

clemente

Wow Gomez is going to Sevilla and nobody is talking about this, guy would be our best midfielder, elite player, people are seriously sleeping

Catta

Wow Gomez is going to Sevilla and nobody is talking about this, guy would be our best midfielder, elite player, people are seriously sleeping

He is 33. If Barca wanted him, people on this forum would be saying how he is a waste of money.

clemente

He is 33. If Barca wanted him, people on this forum would be saying how he is a waste of money.

I'm not saying we should go for it, I did want him 2 years ago though, I'm saying that this is like Suarez to Atletico level of transfer and there is 0 media about it

Messi983

Looks like Monchi is very busy.

After selling Bryan Gil to Tottenham for 30m and signing Erik Lamela and Marko Dmitrovic on free transfers according to multiple media reports they're now close to sign:

1. Gonzalo Montiel, RB, River Plate for a fee around 8-10m. Navas is still playing on a high level but he needs a backup and Montiel could eventually replace him longterm.

2. Jesus "Tecatito" Corona, RW/LW, Porto for around 12m. Lopetegui will get a player he was asking for more than a year and he'll join their winger rotations with Ocampos, Lamela and Suso.

3. Thomas Delaney, DM/CM, Dortmund for around 4m. He'll replace Gudelj who is on his way out.

4. Ludwig Augustinsson, LB, Werder Bremen - 5,5m. Backup/rotation with Acuna.

After that they're still looking for a striker (replacement for Luuk De Jong who could return to PSV) to pair with YEN. Joselu was linked to them but looks like Monchi didn't want to pay Alaves's asking price.

I wonder if all these moves also mean they'll sell Kounde (probably to Chelsea). If reported fees above are close to true those players will basically be bought with Gil's transfer fee. If they'll sell De Jong they can reinvest that money into a new striker and players like Munir, Gudelj, Idrissi,... can also bring them some millions. Also not to forget they'll get CVC money. Don't know their wage situation but I don't think they have to sell Kounde unless they'll get an offer they can't refuse.

If he stays they'll have a very deep squad with two quality (and mostly proven/experienced) players at all positions so wouldn't be surprised if they could get even closer to the title than they did last season.

----------------------------Bono/Dmitrovic------------------------------
Navas/Montiel---Kounde/Gnagnon--D.Carlos/Rekik---Acuna/Augustinsson
Jordan/Rakitic---Delaney/Fernando--Papu Gomez/Oscar R./Oli Torres
Suso/Lamela----En Nesyri/????----Ocampos/Corona

Mateka

One Spurs fan described Lamela as having hips of glass and hamstrings of paper but when he plays he goes to war.

Messi983

As an Argentinian NT fan, hopefully Montiel joins Sevilla asap

It's official already. :)

Q-obg6sz

Mateka

David Ornstein - the Athletic- says that Botman is the very top Newcastle target and the one who they’d be prepared to pay more for, though he adds that Sevilla are more ready to do a deal at the right price for Diego Carlos, than the French club are with the Dutch defender, BUT the Newcastle United owners are trying to strike deals for the pair.

Andresito

Staff member
Reported price 40m, I'd consider that good for Diego Carlos.

Besides, they can spend half of that and bring home the lost son :lenglet:

Messi983

Lopetegui finally gets a player he wanted for years as Sevilla have signed Jesus Corona from Porto for 3m. They would've signed him on a free in summer but had to advance his signing as both Lamela and Suso have longterm injuries while YEN and Munir are on AFCON so they are quite shorthanded upfront. He's also versatile and can cover RB (Navas had his fair shares of injuries this season) or play in midfield.

Home of Barca Fans