Manchester United

JohnN

Richest man in the world buying United and giving a fuck for their sporting project would be really bad, but won't happen. He is just a troll.

El Gato

Villarato!
Rumors on Glazers pulling out are getting stronger though

As someone on another forum I follow said, I wouldnt be surprised if Gary Neville rides in on a white horse to rescue this along with some consortium. The amount of criticism directed at the corporate structure above the level of the sporting project strongly suggests he may have an ulterior motive for airing it so much on Sky to millions of Brits on a weekly basis. Glazers wouldn't be willing to sell as much if he didn't rile people up against them as much as he does. I am willing to go out on a limb and say we will see him in a backroom role at the club going forward in this decade unless he physically can't because he's already owner of Salford (in which case I imagine he wouldnt have a problem selling it off to a controlled party to make the above happen).

JamDav1982

Glazers wont be impacted by Gary Neville or him spouting off on Sky.

It is the results and actions of fan base that will matter and he has very little influence on that.

JamDav1982

Where do you think fan discontent WRT club direction comes from?

The performances on the pitch.

The fans have hated the Glazers long before Neville ever said a word against them.

It is reaching a head now with yet another coach and yet another summer of little improvement in market.

Neville is now saying what many have been saying for years and it is ramping up now. He is voicing what is already there not leading the way like some pied piper.

I dont doubt he will think he is having some huge influence though. When he isnt.

El Gato

Villarato!
Aye ofc Glazer hate existed way before, but he's riling them up on the weekly since probably Jose days and his moaning about heritage and the one constant reminder that it isn't the players or the manager in a given season.
Precisely what I meant
Very sus

JamDav1982

Aye ofc Glazer hate existed way before, but he's riling them up on the weekly since probably Jose days and his moaning about heritage and the one constant reminder that it isn't the players or the manager in a given season.
Precisely what I meant
Very sus

Neville mouthing off is having little impact. He is saying what majority of fans thought before he opened his mouth.

A lot of folk push back on his opinion if anything as he kept quiet for too long and for when his mates were still at club.

El Gato

Villarato!
Be fine and could be chalked up to being some kind of 'voice of the fanbase' if this had been just during times of terrible performance, but even when there was optimism during parts of OGS tenure he'd put it out there. He's been banging the drum consistently for some time now. We'll see but it's too sus for it to be only about his own status on national TV

JamDav1982

Be fine and could be chalked up to being some kind of 'voice of the fanbase' if this had been just during times of terrible performance, but even when there was optimism during parts of OGS tenure he'd put it out there. He's been banging the drum consistently for some time now. We'll see but it's too sus for it to be only about his own status on national TV

Neville supported OGS long after the fan base had turned and wanted him gone.

His opinion was not all that important then and isnt now.

There is nothing really sus about it.. he now wants Glazers gone as do vast majority of Man U fans. He was just slower on that bandwagon than others.

El Gato

Villarato!
Neville supported OGS long after the fan base had turned and wanted him gone.

As should, I agree with that
Didnt stop him from touching on owner control when wasn't warranted at the time where club was making signings that made sense.
Now dude is getting backlash over that tier list of all deals since SAF gone as fans realised he's literally being just as negative and unproductive as possible.
Driving narrative in a way that benefits him and his standing should the ownership change above reflecting a view of the common fan that wants a Glazer gone even when not forced to

Home of Barca Fans