Manchester United

Barcilliant

Will Van Gaal really put up with 300K per week Rooney's tantrums??

If Utd sign Van Gaal look for 2-3 seasons of moderate success (a league title possibly or an FA Cup)and then he will have a big bust up with players& owners and leave. Man U need to sign at least 5 new players.

I hate Man U anyway and I hated Fergie with a passion. That made it even sweeter beating them in 2 CL Finals.

oggydude

Too be honest Rooney seemed to be one of our better players under Moyes, he and Moyes actually seemed to get along, players such as RVP, Rio and Giggs didn't apparently get along with Moyes. RVP to me seems to be a bigger drama queen than Rooney, I think all Rooney cared about was his wage and retirement fund and once he got that he doesn't give a damn.

S7_MUFC

Too be honest Rooney seemed to be one of our better players under Moyes, he and Moyes actually seemed to get along, players such as RVP, Rio and Giggs didn't apparently get along with Moyes. RVP to me seems to be a bigger drama queen than Rooney, I think all Rooney cared about was his wage and retirement fund and once he got that he doesn't give a damn.
Rooney didn't want to stay at United but we offered him so much money that he changed his mind....Why do you think likes of ETO,Hulk etc. went to Russia....It's all about money and Rooney was willing to accept being at seemingly average United side for rest of his career because of Money....He will still give his best for us but Van gaal has to instruct him to play as a no 9....

oggydude

Rooney didn't want to stay at United but we offered him so much money that he changed his mind....Why do you think likes of ETO,Hulk etc. went to Russia....It's all about money and Rooney was willing to accept being at seemingly average United side for rest of his career because of Money....He will still give his best for us but Van gaal has to instruct him to play as a no 9....

To be honest he would've got the same amount at Chelsea/City just so they could one up us I'm sure they would've paid him what he wants. But Rooney has at least tried to perform this season though he doesn't deserve anywhere near his wage, RVP has suckled for most of this season and hasn't performed anywhere near his super potential he set the last 2 seasons when fit, Vidic and Carrick have been surprisingly poor most of the season as well.

veryfatchocobo

In a way I guess. To me though it was very obvious he wanted money. He already knew that Chelsea and Man City would pay him the big bucks

Martindn

The difference in a press conference is amazing... so much positivity none of this well try, hope or luck bullshit, but then we still have the same players Moyes had. Norwich 0-3.

Last edited:

danny

I am a Tottenham fan but think the Moyes sacking was the right thing. Moyes has seemingly got people to believe that this squad is worse than what it actually is. I'm certain with a good manager they would have been in the top 4. And with a better manager in the transfer market they would have been competing for the title. They have a much better team than ours but they're behind us.

If Moyes was at any other elite club he would have been sacked a long time ago so no-one can claim United didn't give him time. I think with a couple of top signings they'll be competing for the title next season. They need a new left-back and a top class centre mid. A centre back too. If they get Shaw, possibly Garay for CB and a top class central midfielder I think they will be competing for the title.

When you look at attacking players such as, Rooney, van Persie, Hernandez, Mata, Kagawa, Welbeck, Januzaj I find it hard to sympathise with Moyes.

danny

Man Utd have the best or 2nd best away record in the Premier League but have been terrible at home. That tells me something about the manager. Moyes is a reactionary manager which is why they have done well at home but when having to go on the front foot at home they have struggled. I wonder why? Moyes doesn't know how to make his teams attack and dominate the game.

That's why they played well vs Bayern because he's a reactionary manager. This team is easily good enough for top four and Moyes has influenced people into thinking it isn't that good. I am certain Man Utd will be in the top four next year if they employ a good manager.

Martindn

Man Utd have the best or 2nd best away record in the Premier League but have been terrible at home. That tells me something about the manager. Moyes is a reactionary manager which is why they have done well at home but when having to go on the front foot at home they have struggled. I wonder why? Moyes doesn't know how to make his teams attack and dominate the game.

Yeah that was my feelings too, he was unable to win at home as he isn't used to not only the pressure of winning but actually setting his team up for attack, always negative not only in his selections but his substitutions. Just look at how many goals we scored from open play, shocking, i wouldn't be surprised if we had one of the lowest chances created of any 'top' team in europe.

F

forcabarca

Rio in his twitter account announces that he's leaving MUFC.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Home of Barca Fans