Manchester City

El Gato

Villarato!
Yeah I read that but I can't really see anything about laziness.

How else do you read the 'he has to adjust to performing every week'?
It's just a polite way of saying he's dropping a level whenever they lose. Setbacks make him stop working for it. Old Villa habits lingering.

Maybe he'll be a Dele Alli 2.0, but maybe not, City a slightly more organised entity to let that happen.

Horatio

You're welcome
Mystery surrounds 8XBet, Manchester City?s new Asian betting partner. Open-source intelligence points to the UAE. It has many of the hallmarks of a fake company: a founder who doesn?t seem to exist online and a CEO appearing to hide behind a stolen avatar.
https://josimarfootball.com/ghost-in-the-machine/

Nice website lol https://8xbet.pro/en/

Ohhh I think I know what this is and I think this model of scam started in South America. Some South American friends tried to convince me to get in as they actually made a lot of money off of entering the scam early enough. One of the "betting platforms" they sent me also claimed to be an official partner of the City Investment Group.

The journalist makes it sound as if City fell short on performing their due diligence. But very likely City has no involvement in this and is not even aware. Any scam website can put whatever they want on there.

On the scam: Group of scammers start a betting platform. They invite people to bet and create inhouse "betting gurus" with their telegram groups. If you copy the guru's bet you will get your money back if you lose the bet and if you win you actually get the paid out. The cash-outs are paid with the money of newer members. A pyramid scheme. They keep doing this until they reach a certain amount of users with a certain amount of money in circulation on platform. Then they pull the rug and make off with all the money.

One scam even hired a marketing company to make a promotional video with actors. The video looked super fishy, but for many South American this was proof they were dealing with a legit business here.

Anyway, had a couple of friends who made a few K's getting in soon enough and cashing out from time to time. They bought television sets, bikes and PS4's. It was a lot of money for them. Some of them live off of 500 dollars a month.

Last edited:

Jenks

How else do you read the 'he has to adjust to performing every week'?

Well there are all kinds of things that go into performance levels beyond workrate. His metrics in that regard have actually been pretty good at City. I took De Bruyne's comments to mean that the need for discipline and concentration and a flawless performance at City is just different than at Villa, because mistakes can make the difference between winning and losing a title, rather than which wrung of mid-table you end up in.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
Ohhh I think I know what this is and I think this model of scam started in South America. Some South American friends tried to convince me to get in as they actually made a lot of money off of entering the scam early enough. One of the "betting platforms" they sent me also claimed to be an official partner of the City Investment Group.

The journalist makes it sound as if City fell short on performing their due diligence. But very likely City has no involvement in this and is not even aware. Any scam website can put whatever they want on there.

On the scam: Group of scammers start a betting platform. They invite people to bet and create inhouse "betting gurus" with their telegram groups. If you copy the guru's bet you will get your money back if you lose the bet and if you win you actually get the paid out. The cash-outs are paid with the money of newer members. A pyramid scheme. They keep doing this until they reach a certain amount of users with a certain amount of money in circulation on platform. Then they pull the rug and make off with all the money.

One scam even hired a marketing company to make a promotional video with actors. The video looked super fishy, but for many South American this was proof they were dealing with a legit business here.

Anyway, had a couple of friends who made a few K's getting in soon enough and cashing out from time to time. They bought television sets, bikes and PS4's. It was a lot of money for them. Some of them live off of 500 dollars a month.

You can't even create an account on that website. It's a fake company made to legitimize UAE money as a sponsorship to City. No scam involved.

They even used a stock picture to create a CEO on LinkedIn :lol:

L62GPHBkXdCCXHi8UFAierNNoPySqejOK6veSsL0hgVByih4XfiZ4F43WR9Vs_n8gogcB6EkFPKEvp40F1_EgG-WbpVq_GxGrsPMdKY4MKt5D17UXEljrt4E_CN0gcby_Vjq6RZEyrTK0o1suSofshXr2aLCVuPnvkLGUd1D8-CzzxasW0clCZUP6w

_a8sCsfZePaKYPb4p2tNOP2WaSSOM1o3ynMfHWNTk51UD02A3YgZGqVLMw9qVlEFbjMyNZ8vCpHvW2hRvXajlqt1vi3fmYJbiWtnUeMd8q7jZbP6sVNQWMGpK7SsSY56D0wDLT2b1CvOKCC-Va8h0zFNpg73sn3lLCashyAeZN6fzlcR7FcjQDQEXw

El Gato

Villarato!
Well there are all kinds of things that go into performance levels beyond workrate. His metrics in that regard have actually been pretty good at City. I took De Bruyne's comments to mean that the need for discipline and concentration and a flawless performance at City is just different than at Villa, because mistakes can make the difference between winning and losing a title, rather than which wrung of mid-table you end up in.

He's also just described himself as a 27 year old kid lol

Let's be real, this cat is probably the kind that wants to play ball and be able to say he's been on team that won a title or two. This flour will make no bread.

Andresito

Staff member

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
City achieved a record-high profit of 48m (with a total revenue of 700m) for the 21/22 season, owing a big "thank you" to us for buying Ferran Torres. :facepalm:

Its wage bill appeared to be around 356 million last season (before the sales of 18 players such as Gabriel Jesus, Sterling and Zinchenko etc.). Now with Haaland and several more players added, I am assuming it would be a tad more than that but shouldn't be much more.

If City can maintain their current squad with less than 400m of wage bill, there is no reason why we can't, after Busquets and Alba are gone.

serghei

City achieved a record-high profit of 48m (with a total revenue of 700m) for the 21/22 season, owing a big "thank you" to us for buying Ferran Torres. :facepalm:

Its wage bill appeared to be around 356 million last season (before the sales of 18 players such as Gabriel Jesus, Sterling and Zinchenko etc.). Now with Haaland and several more players added, I am assuming it would be a tad more than that but shouldn't be much more.

If City can maintain their current squad with less than 400m of wage bill, there is no reason why we can't, after Busquets and Alba are gone.

City are much better run than we are and have one of the best managers of all time. A huge amount of their success is tied to Guardiola. Easier to keep a high profile squad when you have the manager everyone wants to work with. Besides, the same squad they have would not be nearly as dominant with a different manager. Not even close.

I don't think City are a good measuring stick for us currently. They have everything we don't at the moment, the only thing we have over them is brand name, but that counts for jack shit if you don't have a team to match that name.

You guys think we'll undo everything Barto and Rosell did for nearly 10 years in one season? :lol:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans