Manchester City

Birdy

Jesus is already replaced, while you could even say that for Sterling, considering Alvarez can also play LW and will probably get most chances there anyway, if Haaland stays fit.

I thought Alvarez will be Haaland's sub, they will never play together in the XI.
That leaves City with only Mahrez, Foden and Grielish as wide options: few options for 2 positions...

But even in terms of pure numbers, if they lose bernando too they are 1 player short in md and attack...
Haaland + Alvarez + Kalvin Philips in
Jesus + Sterling + Bernando + fernandinho out

JamDav1982

Another AM/Wide type.

They have the young Brazilian as well. Fuck knows if they rate him.

I would think they lack another attacker that can dribble with pace with only Mahrez there though.

Andresito

Staff member
Having a hard time seeing they sell all those rumoured players which are: Sterling, Bernardo, Jesus and Gundogan, in addition to Fernandinho who already left.

They should have no problems buying a replacement if that would be the case. But I think at least one of them will stay.

malvolio

I thought Alvarez will be Haaland's sub, they will never play together in the XI.
That leaves City with only Mahrez, Foden and Grielish as wide options: few options for 2 positions...

Didn't Alvarez play on the left in that Finalissima game? He looked very fast, so maybe can do a job on the wing from time to time.

Porque

Pep will sign someone. Probably planning to make Grealish indisputed starter initially though. Just needs to put a group of models cheering him on behind the goal and he will be getting hattricks every week.

Temptation

Grealish is just the good looking version of Gazza.

Watching him at Villa was amazing. Used to tune in just to watch him play.

One of the most talented players in the league.

Zidane82

Grealish is just the good looking version of Gazza.

Watching him at Villa was amazing. Used to tune in just to watch him play.

One of the most talented players in the league.
Exactly .. he just made the wrong move .. he would have suited Liverpool better

Zidane82

Grealish will be ok, he had a season to adapt.

Yep .. He has had to completely change his game to try and adapt.

Only time will tell if he made the right choice .. I preferred to see him play every week for Villa and virtually carry the whole team

Home of Barca Fans