Manchester City

Porque

No. The value they placed on keeping him exceeded the cost of sale- our offer. If we are talking about Eric. That is why they did not lower the price.

Same with this year's sales. They don't need to lower their demands for interested clubs. But at the same time they wouldn't be outlandish or personal like PSG.

Anyways, I got a sandwich which requires my attention.

JamDav1982

No. The value they placed on keeping him exceeded the cost of sale- our offer. If we are talking about Eric. That is why they did not lower the price.

Same with this year's sales. They don't need to lower their demands for interested clubs. But at the same time they wouldn't be outlandish or personal like PSG.

Anyways, I got a sandwich which requires my attention.

They got it wrong and did nothing but waste money by whatever metric they used to make the decision.

Possibly gambling on Barca moving for him again in Jan or him signing new contract.

Bad decision by City and just lost money on a player that barely played and left for free.

serghei

We could argue all day.

You have your half of the glass that clubs won't Pay more. My point is that they also wont pay less than City demands which they can afford to stick with.

City will still have utility in Gabriel and Sterling for a year if Arsenal and Chelsea wouldn't meet the 50m prices they were happy with, and would keep them if the offers reached 40m for ex.

It is also possible that if you don't pay for players with one year left, more teams would try to sign them once they become free agents, facing way stiffer competition for the player.

Not so sure Arsenal manage to sign Jesus if he becomes free agent. I reckon bigger clubs would try to get him in such tasty situation. So it is also good for Arsenal to pay up and get him from City. Bird in the hand type of deal.

stb_1

City seemed on a different level to Bayern.

Bayern looked about as dangerous as Crystal Palace with Eze, Zaha and Olise vs them. Can't wait for the game vs Liverpool next week. If Xavi gets this Barca team playing to their absolute peak (like RM 4-0) and manages to sign Kounde, Barca might be the only team close.

FinBarcelonafan

City seemed on a different level to Bayern.

Bayern looked about as dangerous as Crystal Palace with Eze, Zaha and Olise vs them. Can't wait for the game vs Liverpool next week. If Xavi gets this Barca team playing to their absolute peak (like RM 4-0) and manages to sign Kounde, Barca might be the only team close.

Liverpool can challenge them again.

serghei

Akanji is yet another talented and resourceful blunder master. It's like they purposefully look for these types.

Home of Barca Fans