Manchester City

barcafan161

Yeah and their reserves also lost 1-3 at home to Leicester last week?

Whats that go to do with this week?

they were obviously going to lose today. Obviously we know Pep is going to get rid of alot of players in the summer. They have an unlimited budget so the guys they have right now aren't good enough to compete with the best.

Darko

Kompany and Otamendi injured, they can say goodbye to the slimmest chances they had of winning something this season.

El Flaco

[tw]713404583742189568[/tw]

[tw]713856636100718592[/tw]

[tw]713856916238254084[/tw]

[tw]713856004174258178[/tw]

Last edited:

serghei

Football Manager in real life.

If that's true, it's pathetic if you ask me.

Imagine a coach comming to Barca and saying even before he's named head coach: "Pique - out, I don't need you". You don't do that. But then, Pep did it with Eto'o at Barca so... he's not exactly the gentleman he appears to be.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
If that's true, it's pathetic if you ask me.

Imagine a coach comming to Barca and saying even before he's named head coach: "Pique - out, I don't need you". You don't do that. But then, Pep did it with Eto'o at Barca so... he's not exactly the gentleman he appears to be.
Actually.... In Eto'o's case, that part does not make him a not-a-gentleman. He had his ideas, and his decision did turn out correct in the case of Deco and Ronnie!

What followed with Eto'o the following summer is what that makes Pep the villain. Eto'o ran his arse off and helped us win the Cl that while scoring the all important opening goal when the balance was more tilting towards United. Still he was shown the door, probably without even explaining well like Pep did with other players that he offloaded from us as well as from Bayern. That is where he becomes not-a-true-gentleman.

Problem is that he finds it hard to face a tough situation.... Explaining his reasons when confronted. I mean his tactical thinking probably needed a striker like Lewa, so he had to ship off Eto'o. Good for him, he is the captain of the ship and it is always his decision that should be respected the most. But he might not have dealt well with the situation. He probably could have done a better job explaining his ideas to Eto'o or Yaya Toure or Mandzukic why he wanted to ship them out.

serghei

Yea, but to me, he looks like he does not really care about the players he deems as not needed for his plan. That makes said players feel like shit and it is not something worthy of a true gentleman. He behave badly with Eto'o imo, and when the guy went on to score in Pep's first clasico, in the CL quarters and even in the final -- a huge goal, that opened the road for us against United -- he tought Pep a bit of a lesson (see his celebration after the goal from Olimpico).

And he still sold him for Ibra (one of the worst deals in the clubs history, I bet if we had Eto'o in 2010 we would've repeated the CL probably, instead we had Bojan and Ibra in the middle of a feud with Pep). Pep and his actions after 2009 had a major involvement in us not doing better in 2010. Getting KOed in the Cup by Sevilla after getting beaten at home 2-1, and by an overachieving Inter side in Champions League.

Now, Pep is a huge managerial figure in our history, but still, his media-image is made with skill, not with honesty (unlike Lucho). The main difference between Mourinho and Pep is that Pep knows better how to keep some things under the rug. But make no mistakes, Pep and Mourinho have a lot of things in common. Both are dictators and both get into conflicts to impose their will. Pep might be more civil and might control himself better in public, but he is not necessarily kinder when off the spotlight.

Last edited:

Jair Ventura

Lol so Pep thinks he can replace an entire roster with top class players in a single summer? Good luck.

It's obvious now why City players aren't up for matches anymore. Would anyone be, knowing they'll be shipped out in a couple months regardless of their performances? Pep is an ass.

Trickykid

Lol so Pep thinks he can replace an entire roster with top class players in a single summer? Good luck.

It's obvious now why City players aren't up for matches anymore. Would anyone be, knowing they'll be shipped out in a couple months regardless of their performances? Pep is an ass.

:lol:
You really have a hard-on for Pep, huh?

Home of Barca Fans