Liverpool

Temptation

Leave tempt alone he thinks Liverpool are right up their with the Giants of football and not a step behind, despite the real giants of football cherry picking their players whenever they feel like it.

I hope club stays & continues to do his thing his football adds something to the game in general, love to see it.

You're deluded. Go watch Baseball. Football...oops I mean soccer isn't for you. :lol:

jamrock

I would he flick's car washer for 24 months if we could get him, he's a great coach, if anything Madrid will probably get him after Carlo leaves.

What a shame.

jamrock

You're deluded. Go watch Baseball. Football...oops I mean soccer isn't for you. :lol:

Dumb burn soccer 😂. Nah it's football where I grew up.

I did watch the final, Steph cemented his place in. The top 10 because of WINNING.

Maybe one day soon Liverpool will stop finishing 2nd, parade for the FA cup lol.

JamDav1982

Klopp will never coach Barca as would never be given the freedom to play way he wants team to o full control over playing squad.

Same with when linked with ETH and the rumours were he wanted Pique/Busi/Alba etc out and to make FDJ centre piece of team... would never happen.

Barca pander to legends and ideas that top coaches dont want to be around.

Saying top coaches... as ones that are held to that level currently.. Barca would have to find a new one rather than be able to appoint the top coaches out there just now.

Last edited:

Temptation

Dumb burn soccer ��. Nah it's football where I grew up.

I did watch the final, Steph cemented his place in. The top 10 because of WINNING.

Maybe one day soon Liverpool will stop finishing 2nd, parade for the FA cup lol.

It's not meant to be a burn. It's just a fact. You're clueless.

Pretty weird that the always-2nd Liverpool have WON 6 Champions League titles and several domestic and international titles but then your knowledge is too limited to know that.

You're clearly clueless about the stature of Liverpool as a club. And nah, we won't bend over backwards and pay whatever 30 year old players ask for. There are other clubs who can do that crap.

And the FA cup is one of the most prestigious tournaments in the world you nonce.

jamrock

Relax I might call Laporta & have him take VVD off your hands in a year or two, because to paragraphe my fellow American Meek Mill

"theirs levels to this shit"
You can .... My ... Cause theirs levels to that bitch.

Last edited:

jamrock

It's not meant to be a burn. It's just a fact. You're clueless.

Pretty weird that the always-2nd Liverpool have WON 6 Champions League titles and several domestic and international titles but then your knowledge is too limited to know that.

You're clearly clueless about the stature of Liverpool as a club. And nah, we won't bend over backwards and pay whatever 30 year old players ask for. There are other clubs who can do that crap.

And the FA cup is one of the most prestigious tournaments in the world you nonce.

Yea prestigious for losers 😂

serghei

Interesting (slight tangent) on Klopp at Liverpool is that Laporta's first choice was not Barca DNA but German coaching lineage in Flick.

Perhaps not now, but if Xavi only reaches modest success (or even failure) and when the amigos are out, coupled with Flick wanting club football again, I wonder if everything alinged that we could go that route again.

A bit of a long shot admittedly, but wonder how we could shape up with that route now that we are passing the financial limitations of last year.

EDIT
@JamDav. Top, thanks.

In my opinion, the German variation of positional football is better than the Spanish one in the sense that it ups the intensity, and lowers the technical level required to play it. For me, the problem with the Spanish variation so to speak, the only one, is the technical parameters that have to be reached to play it effectively. And if we insist on those qualities being met we are setting ourselves up for failure.

It's more likely to find good players who could run and press as the old Barca did and "only" perform the normal passing routine from that team's repertoire, without the crazy jaw-dropping sequences that are there on youtube. What is next to impossible is finding players with the technical mastery of the likes of Xavi, Iniesta, and Messi. We have to realize that the system didn't invent Messi, Iniesta, or Xavi. Their talent did for the most part, and the system, through Pep, only realized it and utilized it to its full potential. There are videos out there showing Messi's alien close ball control and technique since he was a kid at 10-12 years old.

So, I hope Xavi and the staff around him understand that the triangles, the dribbles, and backheels that the 2009-2011 team did in conditions of extremely congested space, are just not possible without all-time great players in several positions tied to the same space. Back then, not only did we use to have players who won multiple CLs, multiple Euros, a World Cup, a plethora of La Ligas, and other smaller cups and all. But they also activated in the same area on the field, which is very unique. So they were also able to perform like a unit.

If we look at teams like Liverpool, they do basically most of what old Barca did in terms of initial set-up, but the way they finish off plays and actions is different. They play far less into pressure and use far more long balls, and diagonals into empty space, followed by quick crosses and cutbacks into the box. This is, in part, because it's much easier to switch play when the game is crowded in a zone than to find 3-4 players who maneuver the ball in those zones as if it's tied to their feet the way Iniesta, Xavi, Messi, Alves or Busquets (to a lesser extend for the last two) did. It's obvious. When you are facing congested space, it's most common to switch play and use players with speed and crossing ability to progress the action. What is not normal is to play into that congested space and start to dribble and pass your way through. Barca of 2011 constantly used to constantly pass through pressure because they had unique players who could do it. A 3 vs 5 when your 3 are Iniesta, Messi, and Xavi is not that difficult. Because every one of those players would trick opponents for fun and would barely lose the ball easily. You used to need 2-3 players near Messi back in 2009-2011 and he could still make them look like clowns.

It was only Pep Barca that had the ability to construct a passing sequence in those crowded zones. And even that team overdid it at times in some key games, where it would have been easier and maybe more effective to look for the easier way to create danger. That type of football where you fix an opponent in defense, then pass your way through, centrally does no longer work. You have to mix it up a lot more. Better crossing, faster wingers, stronger attackers and midfielders who could shoot more, score from headers etc.

Messi983

Got high hopes from Carvalho and Calvin...

I can almost smell another Robertson-from-Hull level bargain. We'll keep uncovering these gems from time to time.

Yeah, can't really go wrong with these type of signings. Best case scenario you get a potential starter or at least a valuable squad player for cheap, worst case you can sell him for profit in an inflated EPL market.

Zidane82

I heard on the grapevine that Liverpool intend to change their system to 4 /2 /3 / 1 to get the best out of new striker Nunez and it will also mean a new role for Firmino just behind Nunez in the three - with Salah on the right and Diaz on the left ..

Sounds like a fabulous idea !!

El Gato

Villarato!
Today is a great day
It has been a month
A month of all months
A month without incessant bragging
A month of blissful silence
A month since the fateful day when Liverpool did the thing again
A month which [MENTION=30154]Temptation[/MENTION] must have greatly enjoyed

Let's all acknowledge this important occasion and give the lad a haweyyyy

Temptation

For the first time in a long span, we're going into a season not knowing what exactly to expect from our attack. Nervous.

Good sign is Mo looking extremely sharp in preseason.

Home of Barca Fans