Liverpool

Zidane82

No mate, Klopp doesn't know shit about football. Jammy knows more :lol:

He has been great so far.
But I doubt his best position is RCM.
Probably he is shoehorned there because Salah plays his position.
But Salah's form is so awful lately, that I would bench him 100% for Elliot

Dropping Salah for Elliot is what Salah needs !

Temptation

No mate, Klopp doesn't know shit about football. Jammy knows more :lol:

He has been great so far.
But I doubt his best position is RCM.
Probably he is shoehorned there because Salah plays his position.
But Salah's form is so awful lately, that I would bench him 100% for Elliot

Nah we can't be putting that G/A burden on Elliott.

Can't even drop Salah. Way too much credit in the bank.

Elliott is a number8/AM imo. He's not a forward. He's a mid. His tackling and grit is underrated. Great work rate.

Temptation

With the transfer window closed, if I had to assess the various departments of our core squad.

Defense: I think we still have the best defense in the World. In goal, we have Allison and wouldn't swap him for any other keeper itw. In the CB positions we have insane strength in depth: The great VVD, Matip, Konate, Gomez. Matip, Konate, Gomez are injury prone but can cover 1 position. Trent and Robbo as Full backs need no introduction. Best out there. Tsimikas is a great backup at LB.

Midfield: Happy with the options. Fabinho arguably the best DM in the world. Thiago is world class when fit. We got Arthur to play when Thiago isn't there(or otherwise). Henderson is still quality and a very good leader. Elliott one of the brightest young talents in the PL. Carvalho promising. Keita is decent when fit. Milner is versatile but declining. Ox, source of goals from midfield. Jones is average. Overall, the midfield is quality but not the best in the world. Still damn good.

Attack: The jury is out. I'm scared and have my doubts. I think Diaz is a great replacement for Mane. He's dribbling more and more like Mane, adding end product to his game, can create stuff outta nothing. Great work rate. Firmino is back to being good. Great option to start or come off the bench. Jota a fantastic goalscorer and header of the ball. Need him back. Nunez: The jury is out totally but I don't think he's worth that money. Poor technique but hungry for goals, hard working and great instincts. We'll see. Now, the big one Mo Salah: Been dogshit since the AFCON, I believe he's on the decline but nothing would make me happier than him proving me wrong. This is the first season where he's not contributing enough G/A for us. Attack is major suspect and can make or break outlr season. All up to Salah and Nunez to come good.

OVERALL:

Sensational defense(not falling for recency bias due to 2 bad games), Very complete Midfield with loads of option now, Attack remains to be seen; the major problem with the attack is Salah not delivering the goods, if he was on fire it wouldn't be a problem at all.

All in all, still one of the very best squads in World Football with many candidates for being the best in their positions but the attack has to fire if we are to achieve anything this season.

Temptation

We can't play and pull off that insane high line anymore.

Switch to more of a counter attacking team like we were in early Klopp days.

Our team is great for that. Nunez Salah Diaz Jota deadly on the counter.

It's either that or slightly more controlled possession with a lower line.

Matip needed back. Underrated af. 1 of the best defenders around.

KingLeo10

With the transfer window closed, if I had to assess the various departments of our core squad.

OVERALL:

Sensational defense(not falling for recency bias due to 2 bad games), Very complete Midfield with loads of option now

:mou:

RM has the best defense in the world (only their RB is shit). Barca, Bayern, City, and Pool next in contention.

As for midfields, Barca, Bayern, City have comparable or better midfields than Pool right now. Not sure where to rate RM since Modric is literally a fossil. But still has moments of genius.

Temptation

We have better defensive personnel than Real. Not letting a few games and recency bias change that.

Still have Konate and Matip to return to full fitness. Gomez is average.

KingLeo10

We have better defensive personnel than Real. Not letting a few games and recency bias change that.

Still have Konate and Matip to return to full fitness. Gomez is average.

You have 2 fullbacks who can't defend.

A world-class CB who isn't playing at world class level.

Matip is good but no world beater.

Rest are duds.

Temptation

You have 2 fullbacks who can't defend.

A world-class CB who isn't playing at world class level.

Matip is good but no world beater.

Rest are duds.

Robertson can't defend? This is the first time I'm hearing someone say that.

Matip and Konate are both really good. Matip is very underrated.

VVD has way too much credit in the bank for me to write him off after few bad games where the entire collective has had issues.

When the team is off colour like we are rn, players tend to look worse than they are.

Gomez is average and both Konate and Matip are big upgrades on him.

Current form is making everything look worse. You'd think Salah is a useless bum based on current form.

Jenks

:mou:

RM has the best defense in the world (only their RB is shit). Barca, Bayern, City, and Pool next in contention.

As for midfields, Barca, Bayern, City have comparable or better midfields than Pool right now. Not sure where to rate RM since Modric is literally a fossil. But still has moments of genius.

Liverpool's midfield is in a dire situation at the moment. They've basically got two English players in there, neither of whom can even get in the national team - which is saying something. Bellingham will be a good addition, but they'll need more than that.

Devils

Title race over.

king-combs-cant-stop-wont-stop-kodak-black.gif

Morten

They go from beating City one day, to losing to relegation candidates next, you never know what you get with them these days.

Motivational isssues after some good years?

Home of Barca Fans