Liverpool

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Suddenly with players becoming fit our squad looks stacked!

We're a couple players away from standing shoulder to shoulder with Man City and going at them toe to toe without having to rely on our first 11 being fit throughout the season, which is always unlikely. In the summer give me another forward, a midfielder and a back up for Trent and I am all good!

Our team needs to evolve and with the regular front 3 contracts coming up for renewal in the next 18 months I doubt we will renew all 3. I think we re-sign Salah and sell Mane for 40-50m as his market value is higher than Firmino's. I don't think we'll offer Bobby more than year extension, if that. I think we'll play out his 18 months and let him go for free like we did with Emre Can and Gini. As his skillset is still very unique and he will still offer us a lot in the squad.

If you can tell me in the summer we sell Minamino, Origi and Mane and bring in Carvalho (from Fulham) and Raphinha who just gets better and better every time I see him, then I'd take that all day long, twice on Sunday! We'd have Jota and Diaz competing for a spot on the left, Raphinha and Salah on the right and Carvalho, Bobby and Jota for the centre. With Carvalho perfectly replacing Bobby in 18 months time. But using that 18 months learning his craft from him.

As for midfield I think Milner is definitely off but with Hendo getting older and the injury record for Ox, Keita and Thiago we need one more robust midfielder to eventually replace Hendo in our midfield 3. Elliott looks a hell of a player and for me if fit he'd be in my 11. Fabinho and Thiago are certs for me if fit to play. No coincidence when they have played together we haven't lost, because they control the midfield and thus the game so brilliantly. But we do need another midfielder.

My dream signing would be Bellingham and I'd get on the phone to Dortmund to ask if they'd want Keita plus 50m in change! But other midfielders I'd gladly take are Gravenberch, Bissouma (his off field circumstances aside), Barella, Goncalves and Tchouameni.

Birdy

My dream signing would be Bellingham and I'd get on the phone to Dortmund to ask if they'd want Keita plus 50m in change! But other midfielders I'd gladly take are Gravenberch, Bissouma (his off field circumstances aside), Barella, Goncalves and Tchouameni.

The mds at Liverpool are too many already:
Fab, Thiago, Hendo, Curtis, Keita, Ox, Elliot, plus Millie and Minamino play there sometimes.
That's already 7-9

There have to be outgoings to get Belligham IMO.
Klopp values squad harmony right?

BarcaOG

Banned
will be interesting to see how klopp distributes playing time

jota has been playing very well, deserves to continue starting
diaz must be integrated and not left out cold
but salah and mane have earned their spots too and will not like being benched

kind of a headache for klopp

Andresito

Staff member
Salah and Mane should be clear starters. Firmino or Jota depending on opposition. Diaz will get these months to adapt and learn English, to take over that LW spot next season.

Rassvet

Compare it to the one City got against Wolves for a ball hitting Moutinho in the ribs. Liverpool would be first if not for these suspect calls.

RF20

Banned
Man I'm just sitting here admiring our frontline options now.

Salah, Mane, Jota, Firmino, Diaz, Origi, Minamino.

RF20

Banned
Special shoutout to Matip. One of the most underrated CBS in the world. Absolutely quality.

Free signing too. Love the guy.

He goes on these Beckenbauer esque dribbles at times. The squad banters him about it all the time. Top lad!

RF20

Banned
Compare it to the one City got against Wolves for a ball hitting Moutinho in the ribs. Liverpool would be first if not for these suspect calls.

VAR decisions always go their way in the league in these crunch moments. Nothing new.

Imagine what Klopp has to compete with. Respect him even more. Legend

Home of Barca Fans