Liverpool

El Gato

Villarato!
Since it has been 3 weeks of the rest of my life without Liverpool winning the CL I thought [MENTION=30154]Temptation[/MENTION] might appreciate this

Apparently during the pasillo to pickup medals Salah went through to collect his silver and Modric goes and says "Thanks for today, try again next time"

Amazing stuff. Top banter

mc_lovin

I guess at this point it's fair to thank [MENTION=30154]Temptation[/MENTION] for making the Real win more bearable.

What a twat he's been before the game.

Temptation

I guess at this point it's fair to thank [MENTION=30154]Temptation[/MENTION] for making the Real win more bearable.

What a twat he's been before the game.

That's just your dislike for me clouding your judgment. I never even said we'll win. I was just delighted with our consistency.

We challenged for the quadruple till the last day. You expect me to cry? :lol:

And the Real win was always way more than bearable for you lot. You lot are the most pro-RM Barca fans I have ever seen lol. Some are definitely closet Madridistas.

mc_lovin

That's just your dislike for me clouding your judgment. I never even said we'll win. I was just delighted with our consistency.

We challenged for the quadruple till the last day. You expect me to cry? :lol:

And the Real win was always way more than bearable for you lot. You lot are the most pro-RM Barca fans I have ever seen lol. Some are definitely closet Madridistas.

I mean Liverpool winning was still by far my biggest preference.

Fun times though. I remember when you put me down for pointing out Liverpools weaknesses... I never had any confidence in you lot.

Anyways, water under the bridge.

serghei

Got high hopes from Carvalho and Calvin...

I can almost smell another Robertson-from-Hull level bargain. We'll keep uncovering these gems from time to time.

You hit it out of the park with Klopp. Keep him as long as possible, because you will decline a lot when he's gone. With him, you will be a constant top 5 side, but keep your arrogance in check. Compared with elite clubs like Madrid, you are an underdog and play like one. Even when you faced a Madrid in reconstruction phase with many aging players and some raw youngsters.

You had the chance to prove those previous losses against Madrid were flukes, but you only cemented that Madrid is superior. You've now lost 3 times in 4 years against them. And Madrid made it easier looking than vs Atletico or Juve, even though they had superior teams against Atletico and Juventus.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

It's a bit unfortunate how underwhelming their title return has been so far. And generally the longer you stay at the top the harder it gets.

Mane will be a massive loss, I personally rated him above Salah (which I guess is a bit controversial?).

jamrock

Leave tempt alone he thinks Liverpool are right up their with the Giants of football and not a step behind, despite the real giants of football cherry picking their players whenever they feel like it.

I hope club stays & continues to do his thing his football adds something to the game in general, love to see it.

JamDav1982

Tell me more about your new LB from Aberdeen. Hot prospect?

He is a right back.

Watched him plenty for Aberdeen.

Very good final ball, not great defensively and not the quickest.

Would guess they see him similar profile to TAA but hasnt yet shown that range of passing or close.

To be fair he was being asked to get up and down pitch a lot last season and looked knackered which could account for his poor defending.

Was a CM until a few year ago just as TAA was coming through and with that DM/RB position Trent often plays not probably more reason they fancy him.

Would think it is a bit of a punt from Liverpool on player they see similarities in to TAA a bit but will be a while before anywhere near first team.

Robertson was a bit different. He was an absolute athlete in SPL and could/glide up and down park all day.

That could be three of Liverpools back four being ex SPL at some points.

Lot of decent players come out of Scotland in recent years. McGinn might be another one to get a move but Villa are absolutely loaded with cash and have no need to sell.

Last edited:

Porque

Interesting (slight tangent) on Klopp at Liverpool is that Laporta's first choice was not Barca DNA but German coaching lineage in Flick.

Perhaps not now, but if Xavi only reaches modest success (or even failure) and when the amigos are out, coupled with Flick wanting club football again, I wonder if everything alinged that we could go that route again.

A bit of a long shot admittedly, but wonder how we could shape up with that route now that we are passing the financial limitations of last year.

EDIT
@JamDav. Top, thanks.

Temptation

He is a right back.

Watched him plenty for Aberdeen.

Very good final ball, not great defensively and not the quickest.

Would guess they see him similar profile to TAA but hasnt yet shown that range of passing or close.

To be fair he was being asked to get up and down pitch a lot last season and looked knackered which could account for his poor defending.

Was a CM until a few year ago just as TAA was coming through and with that DM/RB position Trent often plays not probably more reason they fancy him.

Would think it is a bit of a punt from Liverpool on player they see similarities in to TAA a bit but will be a while before anywhere near first team.

Was just about to ask you about him.....top post.

Home of Barca Fans