Liverpool

serghei

Your inauguration happened a month ago? What are you talking about?

I stepped out of line recently and attacked Koeman for not playing Puig and fucking up the tactics vs PSG. Doesn't that attract some retribution of some sort?

Horatio

You're welcome
I stepped out of line recently and attacked Koeman for not playing Puig and fucking up the tactics vs PSG. Doesn't that attract some retribution of some sort?

Your lawyer pleaded insanity on both cases and you got off mildly.

FC433

^
Matip, Keita, Chamberlain, Shaqiri, and Origi. I would personally offload one of the front three if possible and replace him with a new player.

Birdy

The only ones of the above that have a real possibility to go are Shaqiri and Origi.

Klopp loves Matip and he had renewed 2 years ago. TBF whenever he plays he is pure class, problem is he is always injured.
He also puts his trust on players that are through a rough patch like Keita and Chamberlain.
IMO only Keita has not worked out, because interior is not his position.

Jenks

^
Matip, Keita, Chamberlain, Shaqiri, and Origi. I would personally offload one of the front three if possible and replace him with a new player.

Realistically though who can they bring in that would be on the same level, let alone an improvement? Maybe they could go big for Mbappe, but I don't see that happening.

FC433

^
you meant replacing one of the front three, I assume. Should have been in for Sancho. Haaland/ KM/ Kane, but that is a bit too much for them.

Then there is Lukaku/ Grealish/ Chiesa, while Sarr/ Allan Saint-Maximin/ Doku (they were interested in him when he was at Anderlecht, and I believe they are still following him) as a fourth option.

For midfield, they should have been in for Rodrigo de Paul, seems perfect fit. There is also Rice/ Ndidi, even better Barella. Neuhaus is promising, and they are apparently interested in him.

So many options for every single position. Getting Konstantinos Tsimikas as a back up does not indicate that they are going/ want to stay competitive for long. I believe this summer will most likely determine whether they are going to be relevant/ go a few steps back.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
They won't change for the sake of changing. Unless they receive a huge bid for Mane or Salah which can bring in a replacement + reinforce another position they ain't getting sold.

Mane, Firmino, Salah and Jota is good competition in attack.

Henderson, Fabinho, Thiago with Curtis Jones and Keita providing competition.

CB's are stacked with players returning from injury. VVD obviously with primarily Gomez and Konate competing for the spot next to him. Matip good backup when fit.

I don't think there's a lot of complacency, not with Klopp ready to bench any of the regulars, including the biggest stars in attack.
RB and LB are obviously without much depth. But at the same time it's extremely hard for a club like Liverpool to sign good backups knowing they will have very little chances of becoming regulars.

FC433

^
that is fair, and this is what they probably think at LFC. I happen to have a different opinion, and I think LFC's squad has reached/ close to reach their limit. We have seen how they struggled to create last season, and that should be a sign.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
They won't change for the sake of changing. Unless they receive a huge bid for Mane or Salah which can bring in a replacement + reinforce another position they ain't getting sold.

Mane, Firmino, Salah and Jota is good competition in attack.

Henderson, Fabinho, Thiago with Curtis Jones and Keita providing competition.

CB's are stacked with players returning from injury. VVD obviously with primarily Gomez and Konate competing for the spot next to him. Matip good backup when fit.

I don't think there's a lot of complacency, not with Klopp ready to bench any of the regulars, including the biggest stars in attack.
RB and LB are obviously without much depth. But at the same time it's extremely hard for a club like Liverpool to sign good backups knowing they will have very little chances of becoming regulars.

^
that is fair, and this is what they probably think at LFC. I happen to have a different opinion, and I think LFC's squad has reached/ close to reach their limit. We have seen how they struggled to create last season, and that should be a sign.

You are both correct.

Jurgen likes a tight knitt squad and isn't as ruthless in terms of culling players like other managers.

We do want someone for the front line to provide competition to the aforementioned 4 players and we've been linked with the likes of Doku, Daka - before he went to Leicester -, Vlahovic from Fiorentina and pretty much loads others. The fan base though are split in terms of who we want i.e. a wide-forward like a Salah and Mane ie someone like Doku or a No.9 like Vlahovic. I personally would choose the No. 9 as I want to evolve how we play and play in a more 4231 rather than 433 formation.

Again with Ox and Keita Jurgen likes them both personally and professionally as do I. However neither can stay fit and if you're not available and the player who left for a free played 50 odd games then that means we're relying on a 30 year old Hendo and Thiago who both have their injury issues, Fabinho and Jones who is still inexperienced. So for me we definitely need a Gini replacement and we've been linked with literally hundred CMs it feels like :D Though the Saul Niguez rumours are real we do want him as do Man Utd. I think he'd be perfect in offering the same qualities as Gini. But we're after a CM.

But whether we get 1 or 2 or even no players is still up for debate. I don't know I really don't. Which is why I also agree with the latter point as I do feel this squad has reached it's limit and needs to evolve, perhaps even tactically if nothing else. Really that's what Jota and Thiago were bought for last year to evolve us and injuries curtailed it. Jurgen wants a midfield 3 of Fabinho, Hendo on the right of the 3 and Thiago on the left of the 3 in midfield. Guess how many times we saw that midfield last season? 45mins at Goodison Park. So I am looking forward to that midfield trio playing this season.

Shaqiri is going to Lazio or Napoli, Minamino will leave if Origi has no suitors or refuses to leave as if we're bringing in 2 non-homegrown signings in we need to ship out 2 as well as we're at our limit. There will be a few more outs.

I'm also worried about the CBs as neither Gomez or VVD will be up to high intensity match sharpness and training until end of September as it takes a good 2 months from first starting training again to reach those levels pre injury. Matip is made of glass but Konate is a beast. I have to say with some confidence that as a foursome those are easily the best set of CBs in the league and top 5 in europe. If only Matip wasn't injury prone more people would be aware how magnificent he is.

But yes the team needs to evolve it needs some fresh impetus of new players into it and with that I think we'll challenge again.

Personally and quite honestly I don't care what anyone says if we could player on a computer game and changes injuries occurring to zero so that there are no injuries I think 1 to 11 we have the best team in the league. Honestly I do. It's the depth that needs improvement and the slight adjustment I'd like to see in our system and formation. I'd really love a No.9 and not a false 9 in our team and I love Bobby as a player and think he can still do a job for us in a deeper position and as a back up to the main No.9 but that's what I'd love to see in our team. Unfortunately Haaland, Mbappe and Kane are not realistic but Vlahovic is and he'd be one I'd be looking at. But I feel we'll get someone like Jota who can play and fill in, in all 3 forward positions. I know for a fact we've been scouting and are interested in Damsgaard for example who had a good euros and Doku too players of that ilk. So I'm interested in the type of attacker we do sign - if we sign one at all!!

Home of Barca Fans