Page 208 of 208 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208
Results 3,106 to 3,118 of 3118

Thread: Liverpool

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
    Your inauguration happened a month ago? What are you talking about?
    I stepped out of line recently and attacked Koeman for not playing Puig and fucking up the tactics vs PSG. Doesn't that attract some retribution of some sort?

You're welcome
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    I stepped out of line recently and attacked Koeman for not playing Puig and fucking up the tactics vs PSG. Doesn't that attract some retribution of some sort?
    Your lawyer pleaded insanity on both cases and you got off mildly.

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
    Your lawyer pleaded insanity on both cases and you got off mildly.
    I'm gonna hire that lawyer this weekend as well I think.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How you gonna let the Brazilian Aaron Lennon put you to the sword like that?

Beyond embarrassing.
    Puyol #5

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awfully quiet summer so far. Should start offloading some players that have stayed far too long.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FC433 View Post
    Awfully quiet summer so far. Should start offloading some players that have stayed far too long.
    Like who?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^
    Matip, Keita, Chamberlain, Shaqiri, and Origi. I would personally offload one of the front three if possible and replace him with a new player.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only ones of the above that have a real possibility to go are Shaqiri and Origi.

Klopp loves Matip and he had renewed 2 years ago. TBF whenever he plays he is pure class, problem is he is always injured.
    He also puts his trust on players that are through a rough patch like Keita and Chamberlain.
    IMO only Keita has not worked out, because interior is not his position.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^
    I agree, he is a bit too kind. The squad needs new players to stay competitive.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FC433 View Post
    ^
    Matip, Keita, Chamberlain, Shaqiri, and Origi. I would personally offload one of the front three if possible and replace him with a new player.
    Realistically though who can they bring in that would be on the same level, let alone an improvement? Maybe they could go big for Mbappe, but I don't see that happening.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^
    you meant replacing one of the front three, I assume. Should have been in for Sancho. Haaland/ KM/ Kane, but that is a bit too much for them.

Then there is Lukaku/ Grealish/ Chiesa, while Sarr/ Allan Saint-Maximin/ Doku (they were interested in him when he was at Anderlecht, and I believe they are still following him) as a fourth option.

For midfield, they should have been in for Rodrigo de Paul, seems perfect fit. There is also Rice/ Ndidi, even better Barella. Neuhaus is promising, and they are apparently interested in him.

So many options for every single position. Getting Konstantinos Tsimikas as a back up does not indicate that they are going/ want to stay competitive for long. I believe this summer will most likely determine whether they are going to be relevant/ go a few steps back.
    Last edited by FC433; 16th July 2021 at 09:52 AM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They won't change for the sake of changing. Unless they receive a huge bid for Mane or Salah which can bring in a replacement + reinforce another position they ain't getting sold.

Mane, Firmino, Salah and Jota is good competition in attack.

Henderson, Fabinho, Thiago with Curtis Jones and Keita providing competition.

CB's are stacked with players returning from injury. VVD obviously with primarily Gomez and Konate competing for the spot next to him. Matip good backup when fit.

I don't think there's a lot of complacency, not with Klopp ready to bench any of the regulars, including the biggest stars in attack.
    RB and LB are obviously without much depth. But at the same time it's extremely hard for a club like Liverpool to sign good backups knowing they will have very little chances of becoming regulars.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^
    that is fair, and this is what they probably think at LFC. I happen to have a different opinion, and I think LFC's squad has reached/ close to reach their limit. We have seen how they struggled to create last season, and that should be a sign.