Tottenham Hotspur

khaled_a_d

True but Conte is ambitious man, I don't think he would sign with them if the plan is to sell Kane.

If they sell Kane, I expect Conte to start complaining like he did with Inter. He wants signings and keep his best players.

If Kane is going to give them the same effort he is giving atm, won't be surprised if Conte treat him like Icardi and force him out

Mateka

Maybe they're ready to sell Kane to City in January.

City will not go for Kane. Levy will have to eat a lot of humble pie for City to reconsider. Levy does not know the word humble or negotiate. He knows how to build a stadium. He is clueless in how to build a team.
I await his first run in with Conte.

Mateka

Nah, EPL teams take the EL pretty seriously now. Problem is they're quite shite.

Regarding the ECL, big clubs won't take that tournament seriously, that's true.

The focus is the PL. A team like City need to win CL because they haven’t. Top 4 teams in PL want to do well in CL especially if they cannot win PL.

EL is a waste of time. Tho if you win it and qualify for CL that is good.

I prefer to watch the cut and thrust of PL. EL is a meaningless waste of time that occurs in the calendar and distracts from PL.

El Gato

Villarato!
City fan coming in acting tough about other teams' signings like they themselves haven't thrown hundreds of millions down the sink in signings to put together a competent defense :lol:

Levy and Pochettino put together a team for 10% the money you spent and managed to get into as many CL finals as Pep and Txiki's wet dream signings.
Last time I checked they even knocked y'all out in a direct meeting
Pipe down son

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
The focus is the PL. A team like City need to win CL because they haven’t. Top 4 teams in PL want to do well in CL especially if they cannot win PL.

EL is a waste of time. Tho if you win it and qualify for CL that is good.

I prefer to watch the cut and thrust of PL. EL is a meaningless waste of time that occurs in the calendar and distracts from PL.

No the English teams take EL seriously, but they keep getting knocked out. Keep living in your fantasy world

Mateka

City fan coming in acting tough about other teams' signings like they themselves haven't thrown hundreds of millions down the sink in signings to put together a competent defense :lol:

Levy and Pochettino put together a team for 10% the money you spent and managed to get into as many CLs and CL finals as Pep and Txiki's wet dream signings.
Last time I checked they even knocked y'all out in a direct meeting
Pipe down son

Spurs were the team that splashed the cash when they won the double, but you were probably not born then , so you do not know your football history. Listen and learn.

If Spurs want to splash the cash today, I am delighted.

You appear to be hurt that Pep is at City, Txiki too and they have cash. That’s football life. City are flush today but will not always be. Times will change, seasons change. Another team - Newcastle or Spurs hit the headlines today - fine by me.

I am loving the season that we are in, and I know it will not last. So in the meantime, I enjoy it.

If a billionaire pours his wealth into another club, fine by me. Even though it may trouble you. But as you get older, you will appreciate what I mean.

Have a good day. Sunny here, touch cool.

El Gato

Villarato!
Spurs were the team that splashed the cash when they won the double, but you were probably not born then , so you do not know your football history. Listen and learn.

Wtf does that have to do with Levy team building?
Good to hear you remember that 1961 double :lol:

Levy has built a team that got as far in CL as you did. While also beating you to get there. And spending 10% the dosh you did to do so
AND
Before you became a neo-Barcelona project and your sheikhs were figuring out which scrub to fix the defense with, Spurs also got further in the CL in 10/11 under a bloke as simple as Harry Redknapp than you ever did in history.
You utter donkey :lol: Sit down

Last edited:

Mateka

No the English teams take EL seriously, but they keep getting knocked out. Keep living in your fantasy world

PL teams want CL.

Last 5 years PL teams have won EL twice and been runners up twice. That is good for a secondary competition. In England nobody wants Thursday games in Europe.

I do not watch them. Just see occasional highlights.

Mateka

Wtf does that have to do with Levy team building?
Good to hear you remember that 1961 double :lol:

Levy has built a team that got as far in CL as you did. While also beating you to get there. And spending 10% the dosh you did to do so
AND
Before you became a neo-Barcelona project and your sheikhs were figuring out which scrub to fix the defense with, Spurs also got further in the CL in 10/11 under a bloke as simple as Harry Redknapp than you ever did in history.
You utter donkey :lol: Sit down

I am delighted today that Spurs have Conte. If Levy wants to splash the cash, fine by me. But if you become acquainted with Spurs fans, you will find that Levy can build a stadium but not a team. If you look into the Spurs trophy cabinet over the last 20 years, you may be surprised. That may all change for Spurs now due to Conte. I am pleased for them. But Levy has to get out of the way.
Conte coming to PL strengthens PL. I cannot wait.

Have a sit down and a nice cup of tea.

By the way, you appear to be an instant Spurs supporter, in all the PL titles that City have won, Spurs are sadly noticeable by their absence.

Conte said he was joining Spurs because of the contagious enthusiasm of Levy. As I listen to Talk sport on the radio, they are saying ‘Levy does not have contagious enthusiasm in getting the cheque book out.

But a strong Spurs, a few years for an emerging Newcastle, PL is getting stronger. I am delighted.

Have a good day. Don’t forget the cup of tea.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Furthest thing from a Spurs supporter.
Just clarifying some delusions of grandeur pretty prevalent among some City fans who seem to think your club came into existence in 2008 and some assessments of team building which miraculously seem to exclude anything pre-2016 and ignore inconvenient facts

But if you become acquainted with Spurs fans, you will find that Levy can build a stadium but not a team.

Levy has helped build multiple teams which got as far or further in Europe as you did, spent far less to do so, and even done it before Pep ever agreed to come in.
Perfectly capable of building a very good side
Juxtapose that with your board pre-Pep who threw money at the wall with faintest hopes of success coming on the back of a plethora of average players like Adebayor, Nasri, Negredo, Jovetic, Javi Garcia, Mangala or Bony.
Zero position to lecture anyone on their spending with such a history of using bottomless pockets to buy shitton of dross for 8 years

Last edited:

Mateka

Furthest thing from a Spurs supporter.
Just clarifying some delusions of grandeur pretty prevalent among some City fans who seem to think your club came into existence in 2008 and some assessments of team building which miraculously seem to exclude anything pre-2016 and ignore inconvenient facts

Levy has helped build multiple teams which got as far or further in Europe as you did, spent far less to do so, and even done it before Pep ever agreed to come in.
Perfectly capable of building a very good side
Juxtapose that with your board pre-Pep who threw money at the wall with faintest hopes of success coming on the back of a plethora of average players like Adebayor, Nasri, Negredo, Jovetic, Javi Garcia, Mangala or Bony.
Zero position to lecture anyone on their spending with such a history of using bottomless pockets to buy shitton of dross for 8 years

Just to clarity some misapprehensions on your part, to put your mind at ease, so that you can have a restful sleep tonight.

The concern with Levy and spending is prevalent amongst Spurs supporters. In 20 years Spurs have won one trophy.

I know City didn’t commence in 2008 because I have supported them for over 55 years. For any team that has won trophy or trophy’s spending less money than City, does not worry me at all.

The players you list coming to City is hilarious. They were good, you should have seen the ones City signed before them. You should go through the endless list of managers we had pre 2008. Tell me a club where all their signings were an outstanding success. I am still laughing.

You refer to the dross we signed for 8 years, with that dross we won the PL. The first time winning the English top division for 44 years. God bless every one of your so called dross.

You need to do more research.

Have a good evening. I am still laughing. Thank you for brightening up my evening and making me smile.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Ah, yes, another 60-year old grandpa that lived through the days of Deyna.
Too funny.

You need to learn to not run from own statements.
Claimed Levy can't build a team, yet he's built not one but two teams that achieved as much as yours ever did in Europe.

If there is concern over Levy it's not on team building, but executive decisions on managers.

The list of players certainly is hilarious. Even more hilarious how you spent upward of 200M for all these players that were getting knocked out in group stages and hold up Premier League titles between 2010-14 as something to envy when league was in historical low and you were competing vs United with grand players like washed up Rooney, Ashley Young, Nani, Danny Welbeck or Anderson. And barely made it thanks to a relegated team giving up on defending a two goal lead and once because Gerrard slipped :lol: :lol:

For someone pretending to be so old and knowledgeable you have zero perspective on how garbage the return on your club's transfers has been until Pep took over. And you come and lecture Spurs team building who have 10% of your budget and got an excellent return by comparison.

So deluded.

Mateka

Ah, yes, another 60-year old grandpa that lived through the days of Deyna.
Too funny.

You need to learn to not run from own statements.
Claimed Levy can't build a team, yet he's built not one but two teams that achieved as much as yours ever did in Europe.

If there is concern over Levy it's not on team building, but executive decisions on managers.

The list of players certainly is hilarious. Even more hilarious how you spent upward of 200M for all these players that were getting knocked out in group stages and hold up Premier League titles between 2010-14 as something to envy when league was in historical low and you were competing vs United with grand players like washed up Rooney, Ashley Young, Nani, Danny Welbeck or Anderson. And barely made it thanks to a relegated team giving up on defending a two goal lead and once because Gerrard slipped :lol: :lol:

For someone pretending to be so old and knowledgeable you have zero perspective on how garbage the return on your club's transfers has been until Pep took over. And you come and lecture Spurs team building who have 10% of your budget and got an excellent return by comparison.

So deluded.

I am going to let you have the last word, so you will feel better. Up til now I am laughing at your posts and you appear to be getting stressed with mine. Trying to find a new angle or subject , which only makes me laugh even more.

The biggest weight on any City fan was not winning the top English division for 44 years. You missed the point, we won it before Pep came. More than once. I am still laughing. In that pre Pep period, one season, Chelsea were champions of Europe.
5 trophies won under Mancini and Pellegrini.
So you have the last word. I will try to stop laughing. I am sorry if you have got stressed.

Good night.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Think you worry too much about me.
You should worry more how to get over the baggage of spending countries worth of dosh and still having to count on a relegation team or a Liverpool legend to make mistakes to seal your titles. More so must be some serious PTSD from that VAR decision that led to the side Daniel Levy helped build for peanuts have as much European pedigree as any other City team. I know old folks don't need as much sleep but all this trauma surely can't be helping whenever CL knockouts come around lol

5 trophies won under Mancini and Pellegrini.
Lmao counting Community Shield and League Cup to inflate the already horrendous haul for investment
Couldnt make it up

Just reveals more PTSD from the quality 200M worth side is still lurking :lol:

Last edited:

Mateka

Heung-min Son has now played under three newly-appointed managers at Tottenham, and scored the first goal for each one of them. No wonder Conte played him in a far stronger team than usual for a Conference League fixture.
Daily Mail.

Home of Barca Fans