Tottenham Hotspur

fergus90

It doesn?t matter who Spurs appoint, they quite simply will not win a trophy.

Look forward to him going berserk on the touchline though. Add even more comedy value.

Mateka

It was confirmed on Wednesday that the ex-Chelsea boss has taken up the post at Lazio after being linked with the vacant Tottenham post. HITC

Andresito

Staff member
Lol must be fun being a Tottenham player, going from Poch to Mourinho to a manager whose biggest managerial contribution to football is a funny Youtube video.

Surely Kane and Son must feel that the ship is truly sinking, if they haven't until now.

Messi983

After opening meeting with Jorge Mendes, Tottenham told Gattuso they’re not interested in appointing him.

It’s never been a done deal, just an interview with the current frontrunner... as many others made by Spurs this summer. Fans reaction, key for the decision. #THFC

Looks like nobody wants to coach them, lol.

El Gato

Villarato!
Lol must be fun being a Tottenham player, going from Poch to Mourinho to a manager whose biggest managerial contribution to football is a funny Youtube video.

Surely Kane and Son must feel that the ship is truly sinking, if they haven't until now.

I mean that's not a great take is it?
I'm no Milan follower, but had the impression Gattuso did the best of all Milan managers since Ancelotti sacking until Pioli. Wasn't he the first to get Milan back into contention for CL spots and only narrowly missed it? With some pre-Zlatan shite players too

Getting Napoli into CL knockouts and kind of rejuvenating them after horrendous start to 19/20 with Ancelotti was also decent. They had 2nd best goal difference this season too, so bar some poor runs of form, Gattuso is the kind of guy you'd expect to fall upward in his career when it comes to jobs. Wouldn't be surprised he eventually someone like Spurs or Lyon and actually made them overperform for a short period. So far shtick doesn't seem to last, so he has some things to work out, but he's not been just a meme manager.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
I mean that's not a great take is it?
I'm no Milan follower, but had the impression Gattuso did the best of all Milan managers since Ancelotti sacking until Pioli. Wasn't he the first to get Milan back into contention for CL spots and only narrowly missed it? With some pre-Zlatan shite players too

Getting Napoli into CL knockouts and kind of rejuvenating them after horrendous start to 19/20 with Ancelotti was also decent. They had 2nd best goal difference this season too, so bar some poor runs of form, Gattuso is the kind of guy you'd expect to fall upward in his career when it comes to jobs. Wouldn't be surprised he eventually someone like Spurs or Lyon and actually made them overperform for a short period. So far shtick doesn't seem to last, so he has some things to work out, but he's not been just a meme manager.

I don't disagree that Gattuso isn't a shite manager. But as a world class player like Son and Kane, you'd wonder how Gattuso is going to fullfil their needs of being competitive and winning trophies.

Hearing all these Spurs manager rumours, starting with Poch, ten Hag, Conte, Fonseca and now Gattuso, can't be very exciting for Kane and Son in particular, but probably most players in that side.
Clearly somebody is lacking ambition, Levy who doesn't want to pay enough or the top coaches who doesn't want the job, it's evident that Spurs have a long way to becoming a competitor after being extremely close with Poch. It's been going downwards since then and nothing really points to the opposite.

El Gato

Villarato!
The cloud over their heads was a thing for years even under Poch when they were so very good and getting results, but never won anything. Son and Kane have been loyal to a fault and their minds are probably unchanged by any managerial shouts. Kane said he wants to go irrespective of the manager I think, dude is sick of uncertainty and wants to compete at highest level. Rumors of failed Roma coaches and a guy who struggled to pull Napoli through won't help, but won't do much either IMO

Levy doesn't want to pay enough, because he apparently can't pay enough. They have the largest (in its broadest definition) debt in Europe after stadium construction and they also ended up having to pay Mourinho off (which was actually an oddly timed sacking when you think about it). Think Fonseca hiring didn't come through because of money problems as well. They're in the Real and Barca boat it looks like, elsewise I see no reason as to why Conte would not be there already having been rejected by Real and all other jobs (bar the doubtful situation of Pochettino in Paris) taken.

Home of Barca Fans