Bayern Munchen

Morten

Do RM fans really despise Bayern or is it just normal??

Don't despise Bayern really, just despise the teams around them, failing to mount any kind of serious challenge and giving over their players whenever Bayern want them.

Bayern is a huge club, but they could do with at least one serious rival(not Dortmund) to push them.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Never took out loans and that's something to be proud of? That rigid and conservative German mindset, hahaha... Taking out loans is not necessarily bad, having debt is not necessarily bad, as long as you keep growing and have the ability to repay your loans and debt, what's the problem?

Sure Bayern didn't take out any loans, but they gladly sold 25% of their shares to three German corporations... That hypocrisy is lost on KHR I guess.

Temptation

tbf you lot still got a respectable scoreline at the end but yeah a Europa league elimination is more embarrassing than a CL one.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
tbf you lot still got a respectable scoreline at the end but yeah a Europa league elimination is more embarrassing than a CL one.

Not necessarily. Team is clearly still in the rebuild mode.

It took Liverpool a long time to get back to the CL. I think it will take us shorter.

El Gato

Villarato!
Don't despise Bayern really, just despise the teams around them, failing to mount any kind of serious challenge and giving over their players whenever Bayern want them.

Bayern is a huge club, but they could do with at least one serious rival(not Dortmund) to push them.

We did have Bayern as European rivals going way back, think even as far as 2000 or so when played them in knockouts IIRC
Then Van Bommel been a proper cunt and Makaay did the goal in under a minute in 2007
The 2010s ties just sort of opened up the rivalry when they did all sorts of whining and making excuses where fans wouldn't stfu about injustice to the degree of Scousers before Klopp arrived

Dont think we hated them, but it wasn't a friendly rivalry
Simeone has more respect for us than we do for Bayern lol

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
La Bestia Negra back in the old days, right?

I think you two are quite cordial, pretty friendly, sending players to each other, Kroos, James, Odriozola, Alaba and perhaps soon Gnabry....

El Gato

Villarato!
Yea
Elber been something else, always felt a he was a touch underrated cuz he played in the R9 and Rivaldo era
Certainly a player more worthy of recognition and for what did Owen got the BDO rub, I still have no idea

Without mixing too many facets up, them and us are not mortal market enemies where we refuse to send anyone anything like there was always some coldness with Atletico for 10+ years over which they wouldn't let us buy Falcao or Aguero IIRC
But Bayern regretted letting Kroos go the moment they did and tried to avoid selling anything to any top European side from then onwards
James deal was some awkward ass negotiation where both sides tried to not get done over
The latter two are just kind of out of their hands anyway

Fanbases have always not really liked one another
Bayern fans coming from a culture of fan ownership have always carried this undertone of being football moralisers that alienates others and usually was them who did a load of lecturing in same way Premier League donkey fans tend to
Sometimes devolved into major dislike when they slap the dogmas all over all their communications and fans get too big for their boots after 2 titles in nearly 20 years

On field never been much a problem. Professionalism been pretty good normally given they were usually under very experienced managers, often with history in Madrid. Is why Nagelsmann needs to watch the step a bit

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I forgot about Robben...

Yeah, what I found irritating about Bayern is their "holier-than-thou" attitude from their top/management, talking down to other clubs, as if they had any moral high ground. For example Uli Hoeness in the past, talking about us, commented on our transfers and certain practices, yada yada yada, despite being a convict /criminal himself. KHR too. They were basking in their Bavarian/German pride of being frugal, prudent and morally superior something. Give me a friggin' break.

Joan

Rummenige (former Bayern CEO): "Bayern Munich have always had a reputation for being a virtuous and debt-free club. Bayern have never needed to take out loans. We should not take Barcelona as an example..."

Feck off. Most arrogant club on the planet, glad they are out.
Didn?t they have Hoeness arrested for tax evasion only to be re-elected after prison? Virtuous is the right word :lol:

Rummenige is such a great shit talker though. They?ll have Muller appointed once he decides to leave.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Didn?t they have Hoeness arrested for tax evasion only to be re-elected after prison? Virtuous is the right word :lol:

Rummenige is such a great shit talker though. They?ll have Muller appointed once he decides to leave.

Don't forget this: https://www.bavarianfootballworks.c...ace-trial-wage-violations-criminal-proceeding

Even exploiting people who are on minimum wage by paying them less than what they have worked for. Truly despicable. Who does that to people on minimum wage that are working hard to get food on table.

JohnS

Supposed to be offering Sadio Mane 400k a week, I don't believe they will pay anyone that. There is only the oil clubs and maybe Madrid who can afford those sort of wages. They will look to get him on the cheap. Liverpool will get what they want or the will keep him until the last day

Home of Barca Fans