Bayern Munchen

KingLeo10

Bayern is much worried about the 12m or so they will lose due to emptying out the Allianz for 3 games in December than us at this point.

Don't worry, they will muster up the time to plan a destruction of a weak Barcelona...

I just hope we get to play them sometime when it's relatively even strength (2015) or when we are much stronger (2009).

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Don't worry, they will muster up the time to plan a destruction of a weak Barcelona...

I just hope we get to play them sometime when it's relatively even strength (2015) or when we are much stronger (2009).

I think if we do our homework well both on and off the pitch, perhaps in 5 years or so we should be giving Bayern a good game and a run for their money. Like us, they are being threatened by the mighty state clubs and the EPL clubs and they are increasingly having a hard time to acquire and retain talent, even the German/Bundesliga ones so let's hope. :thumbsup:

fergus90

I wouldn't be surprised if Bayern has a slump though, to be honest. They lost players like Alaba, Martinez, and Thiago and didn't replace them properly, they will also lose Sule for free. Brought in Nagelsmann (spending 25 mil to get him) who's yet to win anything and is younger than a couple of players there.

Kind of going the Barca route of undoing their good work.

Andresito

Staff member
I wouldn't be surprised if Bayern has a slump though, to be honest. They lost players like Alaba, Martinez, and Thiago and didn't replace them properly, they will also lose Sule for free. Brought in Nagelsmann (spending 25 mil to get him) who's yet to win anything and is younger than a couple of players there.

Kind of going the Barca route of undoing their good work.

Not to forget that the three heavyweights Neuer, Muller and Lewandowski are leaving in 1-2 years.

Kimmich will be the big face of Bayern. Which isn't a bad thing, but apart from him there aren't many experienced winners who are consistent at WC level.

mc_lovin

We will see how well their "model" works now. For me they weren't transitioning at all, they just rode their old generation to death. Same as Liverpool so far.

Morten

We will see how well their "model" works now. For me they weren't transitioning at all, they just rode their old generation to death. Same as Liverpool so far.

Tbf, they were fairly impressive in their CL-win, considering they lost Robben and Ribery not long before.

Birdy

Nagelsmann's first year means more time might be needed.

Expect them to be stronger next season.

Of course the owners need to understand that spending big (transfer fee) once every 2-3 years to strengthen key positions is not a bad thing

mc_lovin

Tbf, they were fairly impressive in their CL-win, considering they lost Robben and Ribery not long before.

I mean my post sounded way too harsh. They obviously got decent new players in etc pp, but it's a bit annoying hearing people speak about them (or Liverpool) and their model as the benchmark for sustained success. Like Serghei, who raves about both :S

Both teams still rely on the same core.

fergus90

It shows the importance of having sensible people in the board room too which they've lost since Hoeness and Rummenigge left and what contributed to the downfall in recent years at Barcelona. They've also lost quality players for peanuts and replaced them with the likes of Omar Richards, Bouna Sarr, Chopo Moting etc the last year.

Soon as they have injuries, the quality of their squad drops massively.

Andresito

Staff member
It shows the importance of having sensible people in the board room too which they've lost since Hoeness and Rummenigge left and what contributed to the downfall in recent years at Barcelona. They've also lost quality players for peanuts and replaced them with the likes of Omar Richards, Bouna Sarr, Chopo Moting etc the last year.

Soon as they have injuries, the quality of their squad drops massively.

True, they have a thin squad. No real backup at RB, CM's behind Kimmich and Goretzka are two three levels below their level, and so is Choupo to Lewa.

Can think their wings are stacked, but they're mostly players of same quality a tier below WC, not comparable to Liverpool with Mane, Salah, Jota and Diaz for example.

Their back 3 isn't really working with wingers as wing backs either.

KingLeo10

Honestly, it would only be normal for them to have a slump of 3-4 years and then come back among the elites.

They've had one of the longest stretches of being a top 3 team in the world that I can remember (2010-2021 more or less with one or two exceptions).

I expect them to have their Barca 17-22 period soon, but not as bad since they don't have an incompetent like Barto at the helm. I see one or two QFs and mostly R of 16 exits once Lewa, Muller, Neuer (most important piece imo) are even more declined/gone.

EDIT: I wanna face them when we're stronger or even strength with them, just so we can return the favor for some of those silly scorelines they handed us when we were rubbish.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

I was always an admirer of Bayern, and this Bayern in the last few years (bar Lewa) sucks completely.

I loved German's physique, German's mental strength, German's being ruthless.
The current Bayern is like some soft version of Bayern's skills from 10 or 20 years ago.

In 2001, they had CM Effenberg, and then attack with Elber and on the bench attackers: Jancker, Zickler, Santa Cruz, Pizarro
In 2009: Van Bommel, Schweinsteiger, Robben, Olic, Muller
In 2012: Kroos, Schwein, Muller, Robben, Ribery, Olic
In 2013: Schwein, Robben, Muller, Mandzukic, Ribery

In the last 9 years (since Pep took over and made Bayern more "technical" than before), Bayern actually has only 1 CL final, compared to 3 finals in 4 years prior to that.

It seems that not everyone can play every system/type of football.
Bayern were better when they played more German/physical football than the current softer-technical version.
Also, a lot of people admire Kimmich, but imo, he is a pure shit compared to Bayern's more impactful midfielders in the last 20 years like Effenberg, Van Bommel, Schweinsteiger or Ballack.
Also, I don't like these new gen of wingers like Sane and Coman, who are some sort of modern-smart-linkup wingers. Compare those two to era when they had a good old Robben and Ribery.

Also, from Pizarro, Zickler, Jancker and co they went to Choupo Moting.

All in all, for me, who is a silent Bayern's admirer for years = the turn which they took since 2013 seems to be an absolute disaster results wise.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

I was always an admirer of Bayern, and this Bayern in the last few years (bar Lewa) sucks completely.

I loved German's physique, German's mental strength, German's being ruthless.
The current Bayern is like some soft version of Bayern's skills from 10 or 20 years ago.

In 2001, they had CM Effenberg, and then attack with Elber and on the bench attackers: Jancker, Zickler, Santa Cruz, Pizarro
In 2009: Van Bommel, Schweinsteiger, Robben, Olic, Muller
In 2012: Kroos, Schwein, Muller, Robben, Ribery, Olic
In 2013: Schwein, Robben, Muller, Mandzukic, Ribery

In the last 9 years (since Pep took over and made Bayern more "technical" than before), Bayern actually has only 1 CL final, compared to 3 finals in 4 years prior to that.

It seems that not everyone can play every system/type of football.
Bayern were better when they played more German/physical football than the current softer-technical version.
Also, a lot of people admire Kimmich, but imo, he is a pure shit compared to Bayern's more impactful midfielders in the last 20 years like Effenberg, Van Bommel, Schweinsteiger or Ballack.
Also, I don't like these new gen of wingers like Sane and Coman, who are some sort of modern-smart-linkup wingers. Compare those two to era when they had a good old Robben and Ribery.

Also, from Pizarro, Zickler, Jancker and co they went to Choupo Moting.

All in all, for me, who is a silent Bayern's admirer for years = the turn which they took since 2013 seems to be an absolute disaster results wise.

Bayern played like Bayern from 1976 to 2009 and only won 1 CL in 33 years. Pep had nothing to do with that, did he?

Their 10 to 13 stretch (3 CL finals in 4 years but only 1 W) is mostly due to them having the perfect storm of German stars (Neuer, Muller, Lahm, Bastian, Boateng) and foreign stars (Ribery, Robben etc.).

I think German excellence and the Bayern model is good but overrated a tad. It avoids a lot of lows that clubs like Barca reach but IMO, it's not as decisive with winning big games.

Some weeks ago, I made a post comparing Bayern's big CL KO game record from 10-21 to Barca's from 06 to 15 (our golden era) to RM's from 2011 - 2018 (RM golden era). Barca and RM had like a 66-70% W percentage while Bayern's was 50-50 (Liverpool has also been 50-50 in the last 5 years). The Barca - Real model is still among the best IMO. In the modern era, RM has 7 CLs, we have 5, Milan has 5, Bayern have 3, and Pool/United have 2. RM just had a tad bit more professional and mentally stronger players than us.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans