Brazil

F

Flavia

Pep won several polls here, for being the most wanted to be the next nt coach. I still don't believe that will happen, but he'd certainly be very welcome by the majority of brazilians.

Jadentheman

This will be a real test. He's not going to have the time nor the players to instil the sort of philosophy he was used to at Barcelona.

But he will have a huge pool of raw and talented players. It shouldn't be too hard for him to create some sort of system like Barca's.

Jenks

Perhaps, but why would he? Surely his job should be to build a system that will get the best out of his best players, if he's up to it.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Brazil, like Argentina, isn't going to hire a European coach and pretend to be Spain, sorry.

Not to mention Pep trying to coach a national team the way he coached Barca would be a complete disaster. You don't get to buy everything you want to fit your vision in international football.

B

beautifulgame

they've no need to look for football talent outside the country, coaches or players.

they're richer in that respect than any other country in the world.

F

Flavia

Except for one or two coachs, most brazilian ones are technically and tatically limited. The majority of the best brazilian players are not playing in Brazil anymore, as well.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I'm not an expert on Brazilian football but I can't believe that such a big country, whose own league has gotten significantly better over the past few years, isn't producing tactically skilled coaches.

I mean Argentina and Uruguay are continuing to produce great tacticians despite their own leagues and football development in general being in much worse shape.

they've no need to look for football talent outside the country, coaches or players.

they're richer in that respect than any other country in the world.

You know why I won't agree with that, despite what I said above.

F

Flavia

I'm not an expert on Brazilian football but I can't believe that such a big country, whose own league has gotten significantly better over the past few years, isn't producing tactically skilled coaches.

I mean Argentina and Uruguay are continuing to produce great tacticians despite their own leagues and football development in general being in much worse shape.
Coaching is still kind of an amateurish thing here, at least that's how I see it. The best ones have some experience coaching outside of Brazil, or are former players that also played on europe. And there's also the problem coaches here almost never get time to properly coach any team. Everyone wants the results immediately, no one wants to wait. Some teams have 3, 4 coaches during a year around here.

Pep is better than any brazilian coach. The nationalism arguement is stupid to me, makes no sense. It's probably going to be felipao, and nothing will change. He's not better than Mano, anyway.

B

beautifulgame

Nolan, even my Argentine mentor concedes that point. However, Argentina is the best challenge to that crown..if that helps.

Flav, I disagree with you about the capacity of the coaches in Brasil but I do agree that they receive far less patience as any other place.

What are you guy's thoughts on coaches such as Muricy, Braga and Tite?

Jadentheman

RESPECT GUARDIOLA" RSS Barça
Brazil rules out signing Guardiola as coach
José María Marín, president of the CBF, said Pep respects but revealed that the choice to replace Brazilian Mano Menezes will

Guardiola hardly be Brazil coach EFE

EFE | 26.11.2012 | 16:56 pm
The president of the Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF), José María Marín, said Monday that "hardly" be inclined to hire a foreign coach.

"Hardly the new coach will be abroad. I have the greatest respect for Guardiola , but Brazil won five World Brazilian technicians, "Marin said at the opening of the fair football 'Soccerex'.

Marin said he has not spoken to any candidate to replace ousted Mano Menezes and reiterated that the decision was announced at a press conference in the first week of January. The leader said he wants a coach with "winning profile" in order to be champions in the 2014 World Cup as host.

Coaches with more options, according to the Brazilian press, are Muricy Ramalho , the Santos, Tite , the Corinthians, the exseleccionador Luiz Felipe Scolari , who is currently without a team, and Abel Braga , the Fluminense.

The newspaper 'Lance', header main sport in Brazil, has led a campaign to release the name of Guardiola as coach , putting the Barça exentrenador cover every day since last Friday announced the recall of Menezes.

Lance had contacts with people close to the Spanish coach has boosted his name Monday surveys and published a front-page open letter to the president of the CBF in support of Guardiola

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/brasil-descarta-fichar-guardiola-como-seleccionador-2259124

So no to Pep as Brazil manager.

F

Flavia

Not good news, as the new coach will be Felipao, and he is one outdated coach.

Home of Barca Fans