England

Andresito

Staff member
What formation are we most likely to see? A back 5? Makes it so hard to choose the offensive players around Kane. I doubt Foden and Mount are going to play together unless it's a 4-3-3.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
What formation are we most likely to see? A back 5? Makes it so hard to choose the offensive players around Kane. I doubt Foden and Mount are going to play together unless it's a 4-3-3.

It's Southgate. He also only took 5 CMs. It will be a 3-4-3.

Pickford - Walker, Maguire, Stones - Trippier, Rice, Mount/Hendo, Shaw - Sterling, Kane, Rashford. He will go for the most conservative choices. Could even field both Rice and Hendo and shoehorn Mount at LW instead of Rashford/Sterling.

Jenks

I don't think Henderson or Maguire are going to be fit for the start of the tournament and in my opinion probably shouldn't even be in the squad.

FC433

I hope England take advantage of their brilliant squad in the coming few years. It is unfortunate that they lost, but I think Italy deserved it, undoubtedly.

Zidane82

How embarrassing / worrying...

TalkSport news just said that Stones and Foden weren?t taken on the tour as neither of them reached the required fitness levels in the medical tests over the last few days.

Gudogan also isn?t going but only because he?s only had one Covid19 jab .

Jenks

How embarrassing / worrying...

TalkSport news just said that Stones and Foden weren?t taken on the tour as neither of them reached the required fitness levels in the medical tests over the last few days.

Gudogan also isn?t going but only because he?s only had one Covid19 jab .

Foden and Stones were not taken for failing to meet the USA's entry requirements. It'll probably be the jab issue, but they've refused to confirm it.

Andresito

Staff member
z3d3uu22t0o91.jpg

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Look at the number of those defenders compared to midfielders :lol: I would be fuming at Southgate every time the NT played if I were English

Jenks

It's defender-heavy because it'll be a 3-4-3 for both games. It's basically two for each position plus Trippier and Coady because he likes what they bring to the dressing room.

Their midfield is so miserable. What's with the Prowse guy?

Southgate is dreaming of one of these.

Zidane82

I?m going with the Arsenal link with Ramsdale quick passes up to Saka , the Liverpool link with TAA and Henderson on the right ? plus Mings / Foden / Grealish links down the left

Ok I am thinking crazy having everyone playing in their normal position .. oh well

RAMSDALE ( OR PICKFORD )

TAA. WHITE. MINGS. CHILWELL

HENDERSON. BELLINGHAM. FODEN

SAKA. KANE GREALISH

Last edited:

Jenks

I?m going with the Arsenal link with Ramsdale quick passes up to Saka , the Liverpool link with TAA and Henderson on the right ? plus Mings / Foden / Grealish links down the left

Ok I am thinking crazy having everyone playing in their normal position .. oh well

RAMSDALE ( OR PICKFORD )

TAA. WHITE. MINGS. CHILWELL

HENDERSON. BELLINGHAM. FODEN

SAKA. KANE GREALISH

Foden doesn't play in midfield.

Birdy

Apparently, Tuchel is interested in the England job if Southgate goes.

If the FA has any bit of sense left in them, and want England to win some silverware, they should thank Southgate, wave him goodbye, and bring in maybe the best coach in the world for knock-out competitions...

Home of Barca Fans